All Things Kerwin Walton Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020)

If he chooses a big east school. Expect St Thomas to stay on track and beat us in 10 yrs with Davison as coach.

If he chooses a big east school. Expect St Thomas to stay on track and beat us in 10 yrs with Davison as coach.
St. Thomas will have someone who is now coaching high school basketball. Great nightmare humor though.

North Carolina and Zona have swung and missed on hires too. I get what you're saying, but when Kerwin makes his decision, a coaches job security will not matter. The reason why Pitino is on the hot seat might be reasons however why he isn't coming here.

Paging Matt Doherty

Is it possible he is waiting to see who we replace Otiru with before making a final decision?

Is it possible he is waiting to see who we replace Otiru with before making a final decision?
Everything is in play, he said all along that he was going to take his time and now with the virus that will also play a role.

I feel Walton is going to the gophers. He visited 9 times and a lot late in the season.

I have a gut feeling he is staying home.

Can't see him picking Georgetown or Vanderbilt. They are on the list because the family respects the each coach and their efforts. North Carolina has a number of similar guys coming in and at least right now doesn't have a scholarship available.
So to me you're down to Minnesota, Arizona, and Creighton. Creighton brings back their 3 starting guards unless Alexander declares for the draft but as of now he hasn't. They play those guys a ton and I think Walton would want a bigger role. I really think it comes down to Minnesota and Arizona. Does he want to stay close to home and play a big role or head out west.

Can't see him picking Georgetown or Vanderbilt. They are on the list because the family respects the each coach and their efforts. North Carolina has a number of similar guys coming in and at least right now doesn't have a scholarship available.
So to me you're down to Minnesota, Arizona, and Creighton. Creighton brings back their 3 starting guards unless Alexander declares for the draft but as of now he hasn't. They play those guys a ton and I think Walton would want a bigger role. I really think it comes down to Minnesota and Arizona. Does he want to stay close to home and play a big role or head out west.

I'm worried Arizona offers dad, straight cash!

So does the new center transfer commit help our case with Walton? I would think so. Everybody wants to be a winner, and this helps to that end. Adding Walton would help a bunch more.

You know them personally? LOL
Know who did the pre scout and the background check and they met all the criteria for that program. Plus, Ken Novak will tell you all you need to know about character.

No worries, the Walton's are not wired that way.
No?

Because McDermott/Creighton are directly mentioned in a Dawkins tapped phone call as offering a player cash.

Look who else is on the “stands out” list.

How do you think they get high level players to go to a little private school in Omaha, Nebraska??

So does the new center transfer commit help our case with Walton? I would think so. Everybody wants to be a winner, and this helps to that end. Adding Walton would help a bunch more.
Yes, it helps. Walton needs to make a decision soon though, slots are filling in everywhere.

No?

Because McDermott/Creighton are directly mentioned in a Dawkins tapped phone call as offering a player cash.

Look who else is on the “stands out” list.

How do you think they get high level players to go to a little private school in Omaha, Nebraska??
So your going to trash the Walton's on what Dawkins says ?

Would the guy who did the pre scout background tell you if the Walton’s didn’t meet the criteria? Just curious. If he would tell you he shouldn’t.

North Carolina and Zona have swung and missed on hires too. I get what you're saying, but when Kerwin makes his decision, a coaches job security will not matter. The reason why Pitino is on the hot seat might be reasons however why he isn't coming here.
You keep repeating this take, and it's terrible. The head coach and their job security will absolutely be a factor when a recruit chooses a school in almost every case.

You keep repeating this take, and it's terrible. The head coach and their job security will absolutely be a factor when a recruit chooses a school in almost every case.

Man, you really are hammering this take over and over aren't you? I can tell if Pitino finishes out the spring with a good recruiting/transfer class (right now he is halfway there with Robbins in the fold), it's going to be really hard for you to admit and accept. God forbid, we get Walton or a solid wing transfer. You might have to go into Witness Protection for awhile.

I assume priority 1 has to be Walton, and we only have 1 scholarship available. Does that mean you wait it out with Walton and potentially miss these transfers? Or do you buy hard into the transfers and concede on Walton with most speculation already being that he's headed elsewhere? The best of worlds would just be for Walton to commit ASAP. Whether it's to play for us or not. Without that coming anytime soon, it's gotta be a headache for Pitino.

If you wait it out with Walton and it takes a while, that's where you probably end up with the Mykell Robinson. These transfers could all commit before Walton makes his decision.

Man, you really are hammering this take over and over aren't you? I can tell if Pitino finishes out the spring with a good recruiting/transfer class (right now he is halfway there with Robbins in the fold), it's going to be really hard for you to admit and accept. God forbid, we get Walton or a solid wing transfer. You might have to go into Witness Protection for awhile.
How did I even criticize Pitino with my post? I simply stated that who the head coach is and what his job stability looks like matter to a recruit.

But if we do want to talk Pitino, I think we are currently setup nicely for a 7-8 win B1G season and another 11-14th place finish in the conference. We are losing Oturu, an All-American and one of the best players we've had in a generation. Carr may or may not be back. Robbins may or may not be eligible.

I assume priority 1 has to be Walton, and we only have 1 scholarship available. Does that mean you wait it out with Walton and potentially miss these transfers? Or do you buy hard into the transfers and concede on Walton with most speculation already being that he's headed elsewhere? The best of worlds would just be for Walton to commit ASAP. Whether it's to play for us or not. Without that coming anytime soon, it's gotta be a headache for Pitino.

If you wait it out with Walton and it takes a while, that's where you probably end up with the Mykell Robinson. These transfers could all commit before Walton makes his decision.
Another interesting option out there, if we don't get Walton, would be a kid like Dwayne Koroma from Germany.

Top Bottom