All Things Jarvis Johnson Thread

A little slow on the draw but squares up well.

Careful now. Seemingly benign statements like that are know to cause THE SCOUT! to jump into a belligerent rant about how your analysis is flawed and how you know nothing about basketball.

Careful now. Seemingly benign statements like that are know to cause THE SCOUT! to jump into a belligerent rant about how your analysis is flawed and how you know nothing about basketball.

You mean loudmouth Jim Cramer?

A little slow on the draw but squares up well.

You're right. The form is good, but he holds the ball a while before he releases. The won't play well for a high D1 team. He'll get open in a 2-3 zone, but then they'll collapse on him and get a hand in his face before he ever releases the ball. He'll need to clean that up.

On espn recruiting page there's a Sacar Anim and Sacar Amin, are there two guys on Delasalle with the same first name and very similar last names or is it the same guy and espn screwed up? serious question

The beauty is that I don't know what I don't know. I'm blissfully ignorant!

Shot release occurs at the pinnacle of elevation. SI is lame on scholly info. Has Marshawn Wilson with Wisc offer not true, and missing several od Jarvis J. offers

From Matt Gravett at http://go4report.com/gophers-basketball/9242013-recruiting-notebook/

"Jarvis Johnson: A soon-to-be TGR writer told me he was talking to some of the guys “plugged into” the D1 Minnesota and HPP programs. He asked them how Jarvis Johnson’s recruitment was going and my writer told me: “literally all they said was, ‘he’s going to Minnesota.’ There wasn’t even a hesitation.”

From Matt Gravett at http://go4report.com/gophers-basketball/9242013-recruiting-notebook/ "Jarvis Johnson: A soon-to-be TGR writer told me he was talking to some of the guys “plugged into” the D1 Minnesota and HPP programs. He asked them how Jarvis Johnson’s recruitment was going and my writer told me: “literally all they said was, ‘he’s going to Minnesota.’ There wasn’t even a hesitation.”

That would be absolutely incredible. I love his game and think he would be perfect for Pitino.

If that's the case, I hope he commits soon. Such a talented player.

That would be absolutely incredible. I love his game and think he would be perfect for Pitino.

If that's the case, I hope he commits soon. Such a talented player.

No doubt, give us an early commit and something to be happy about. I suppose it's possible that he's waiting to see if we land Tum Tum or LaChance or someone else who could cut into his PT.

No doubt, give us an early commit and something to be happy about. I suppose it's possible that he's waiting to see if we land Tum Tum or LaChance or someone else who could cut into his PT.

Honestly, I don't think he would have to worry one bit about getting PT. Regardless of who else commits.

Is guess he is handed the basketball from day 1 and with Pitino seeming to like the 3 guard sets, I think we will be okay.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>A source close to the recruitment of Jarvis Johnson said that rumors of a certain commitment to Minnesota are 100 percent false.</p>— Ryan James (@RyanJamesMN) <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanJamesMN/statuses/383250453250977792">September 26, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Maybe we should calm down about Johnson for now.

Ryan James (@RyanJamesMN) tweeted at 10:19 AM on Thu, Sep 26, 2013:The weekend of October 4th Jarvis Johnson will visit Kansas for the "Late Night in the Phog". Jarvis is a 4 star PG in the 2015 class.

Ryan James (@RyanJamesMN) tweeted at 10:23 AM on Thu, Sep 26, 2013:A source close to the recruitment of Jarvis Johnson said that rumors of a certain commitment to Minnesota are 100 percent false.

The Late Night at the Phog is an amazing event and recruits are often very impressed with 16,000+ fans there a few hours before it starts. The Jarvis recruitment will be a long and tough battle. We have as good of shot as any, but this is long from over and will definitely extend well into next year.

Go Gophers!!

The Late Night at the Phog is an amazing event and recruits are often very impressed with 16,000+ fans there a few hours before it starts. The Jarvis recruitment will be a long and tough battle. We have as good of shot as any, but this is long from over and will definitely extend well into next year.

Go Gophers!!

KU also has two very good PG's coming in this year.

Tum Tum has the speed, Lachance has the shot, Jarvis has the ups, he would be the next Peyton Siva if he comes to Pitino

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Enjoyed Kansas, Late Night was NUTS!!! </p>— Jarvis Johnson (@Bigjarv12) <a href="https://twitter.com/Bigjarv12/statuses/386327940113240064">October 5, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom