All Things Isaiah Whitehead Thread UPDATED 9/18: Whitehead to Seton Hall

I doubt it. If Rashad is a legit 6-6 like ESPN lists and Travis is really 6-8 then I think a small lineup of Dre, Newton, Whitehead, Vaughn, and Travis is very possible. It would be pretty undersized but can you imagine the scoring potential?

I just don't see this being an option with Reid measured at 6'7 and Rashad at 6'5 at recent camps over the weekend. That's simply too small for a frontcourt.

Here's my response to the Syracuse comments denigrated us. http://syracusefan.com/threads/isaiah-whitehead.45576/page-7

A response already:

So, what your saying is Minnesota is relevant to this great Union. Sounds good. But no basketball player picks the gophers over a real basketball program. We at the apex bro... you'll always. Have krifs humphries tho, no one can take that from you. Bro

So what he is saying is that if one of these guys picks MN over Syracuse, then they are not a real basketball program?

A couple of thoughts here:

1. Why is it whenever it comes to recruiting, the fans of the schools involved feel the need to act like complete imbeciles? I'll point to the Syracuse responses as just the latest example of folks who haven't got a clue about Minnesota, the state, the city of Minneapolis, or anything else for that matter. Meaningless chest thumping is all it really is. In other words, none of what we say about Syracuse or what they say about Minnesota matters in the least. Let the east coasters or whatever they are have their seemingly grand little college basketball utopia and we'll just keep on keeping on over here. After that, let the chips fall where they may.

2. Pretty impressed with how many recruits Pitino has reached out to so far. Even more impressed with how many have been receptive. A long way to go, but Pitino seems to be already making good inroads, especially in the northeast. Pretty fair to say this the largest amount of high profile recruits we've been involved with for a long time. In other words, good start. Would obviously be thrilled with Whitehead, Newton and/or any combination of the two. Hopefully, this is the start of very good things on the horizon.

A response already:

So what he is saying is that if one of these guys picks MN over Syracuse, then they are not a real basketball program?

That's what he is saying, he's just saying it without proper grammar or spelling. He also uses "Bro" a lot.

East coast rubes (*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#s): where saying "Bro" isn't just ironic...

Hey, Syracuse is at the apex, of slime. Bernie Fine, and the numerous cover-ups by Boeheim. Playing players who were ineligible per the university's own drug testing policy. Playing players who assault women and have been recommended for suspension by the university student board. Boeheim ALWAYS taking his player's side and distorting the truth/putting his foot in his mouth. The beauty of being a private school so the media can't investigate when you cover things up. The report earlier this year that Syracuse was being investigated for pretty much everything by the NCAA. I believe the quote from one source was "open the NCAA rule book and point" (and you'd find a violation SU is being investigated for). Boeheim would have been fired by now if he were at a big time school where the media held them to a high standard. All in all, Boeheim is one of the most unethical coaches in college basketball, and Syracuse can think their small-time status for how he could still be the coach.

http://www.jamisonfoser.com/blog/20...nts-contribute-to-a-poisonous-atmosphere.html

Now that you mention it, I do recall the NCAA eyeing SU, but I had forgotten about it. Reading that article really gives a bad impression of the whole program and Boeheim. The way that Boeheim has handled media in the past is pretty appalling, but I didn't realize all of the other stuff was going on too.

I selfishly hope that the NCAA actually does come down on them soon, and from the sounds of it, they really have it coming. They always take their time though.

As a Minnesotan who has lived with 2 recent Syracuse players getting drafted by the Wolves, I would also point out that the zone defense that they play almost exclusively there leaves their players generally unprepared for the NBA.

All schools have arrogant fans, and Syracuse is no different. I really do think that just because a program is down, does not mean it cannot rise. Heres to Minnesota rising.

Whitehead told Terrence Payne of NBCSports today that he and Newton plan to take an official visit here (presumably in August/Sept) and that Whitehead will commit before his HS season starts in November. He won't be trimming his list.

*Good news

Whitehead told Terrence Payne of NBCSports today that he and Newton plan to take an official visit here (presumably in August/Sept) and that Whitehead will commit before his HS season starts in November. He won't be trimming his list.

*Good news

I think these two will end up gophers.

*Good news

Where else are they visiting?

Where else are they visiting?

They don't have ANY other visits planned as a pair so far besides Minnesota. With a decision coming in a few months, that's great news for us.

They are visiting together? Wow, that would be very good for us. Lock them down Pitino!

whether we land these 2 or not, the thought of recruits ranked this high from out of state even considering is awesome. Love Pitino so far

Agreed. The fact that I'm even close to expecting 2 top 50 out of state recruits to come to Minnesota this year is amazing. I didn't think Tubby should have been fired at the time, but given what I've seen so far, I am extremely happy with the firing and hiring.

And I know that's just a highlight reel, of course the guy's going to look good... but what stands out to me is his footwork, ability to go to either hand, and his active hands on defense

Keep watching, he's got a number of sequences like that that make you do a double-take. Like I said, I knew he had a good handle, but the footwork on some of those moves is amazing.

@davetelep: Kevin Ollie joins the Whitehead party as UConn arrives full staff for Whitehead. Statement.

Go Gophers!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Isaiah Whitehead is no longer considering Louisville and wants to visit Syracuse, Arizona & UCLA, per <a href="https://twitter.com/EvanDanielsFOX">@EvanDanielsFOX</a>. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Stjbb&src=hash">#Stjbb</a>, Miami, Minny</p>— Adam Zagoria (@AdamZagoria) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/statuses/361563348585816064">July 28, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Whitehead has a top six of SJU, Gophers, UCLA, Cuse, Arizona, and Miami. Let's show him some love!

From all reports, Whitehead is also moving up in stock after a dominating summer. He also got the best of Vaughn in Vegas.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Isaiah Whitehead is no longer considering Louisville and wants to visit Syracuse, Arizona & UCLA, per <a href="https://twitter.com/EvanDanielsFOX">@EvanDanielsFOX</a>. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Stjbb&src=hash">#Stjbb</a>, Miami, Minny</p>— Adam Zagoria (@AdamZagoria) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/statuses/361563348585816064">July 28, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Whitehead has a top six of SJU, Gophers, UCLA, Cuse, Arizona, and Miami. Let's show him some love!

From all reports, Whitehead is also moving up in stock after a dominating summer. He also got the best of Vaughn in Vegas.

I like our chances!

I like our chances!

He contradicts himself a lot, because in an article 2 weeks ago he said he was planning on visiting Minnesota.
(And for Gophers fans on twitter, don't be afraid to hit him up and show him some Gophers love!)

He contradicts himself a lot, because in an article 2 weeks ago he said he was planning on visiting Minnesota.
(And for Gophers fans on twitter, don't be afraid to hit him up and show him some Gophers love!)

I think Whitehead is still planning on visiting MN. Zagoria just messed up on his tweet quite a bit.

Zags blog: Whitehead Plans to Visit 3 Schools

“After this I’m going to start planning my visits out,” Whitehead told the site after a game at the Fab 48 in Las Vegas. “I’m definitely going to visit Syracuse again, Arizona maybe and UCLA. Those are the definite ones right now.”

Whitehead is also still considering Minnesota, St. John’s and Miami, he told Scout.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/whitehead-plans-to-visit-3-schools/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom