30 hours
2 weeks (was wrong)
11 days
6 days
1 day
10 days
4 days
1 and a half hours

So there is definitely a tendency to claim these when the writing appears to be on the wall. I don't know whether or not there is a way to see what they predicted, if anything, before their final prediction. Make of it what you will though.

Very recently they added a Gophers 247 site. Kyle Goblirsch, Dan Owen, and Joe Funk do a great job. I think all their articles and "insider" info is actually free until the start of the football season.

Solid addition for sure.

Just an FYI, when Jerry Meyer put guesses in vs. When the commitment was made:

3ish months
1 week
4 days
3 days
25 days
30 hours
2 weeks (was wrong)
11 days
6 days
1 day
10 days
4 days
1 and a half hours

So there is definitely a tendency to claim these when the writing appears to be on the wall. I don't know whether or not there is a way to see what they predicted, if anything, before their final prediction. Make of it what you will though.

I suppose the question is, then, whether the writing is on the wall here, or if this is merely one guess on the road to a final guess...

This would be great. lol and in a year when we have the most stacked MN class I have ever seen. We get these two commitments and hopefully Vaughn and Travis follow suit.

"Richard Pitino doing some real work out there in the boonies"
-TacoTime75

Oh lord bless those New Yorkers.... Too arrogant to realize that there are actual places besides NY, LA, Miami, and Chicago that have real, functioning civilizations.

I'd be mad if I were them too. Losing two great players in their backyard to another team!

From a post in that thread dated June 13: "They keep track of everyone they get right and wrong on each analysts page. For example, her is Jerry Meyer's. He is one of the bigger basketball guys on 247, if not the biggest. Also, here's the CEO's. Both guys have Whitehead to Syracuse."

Both of these guys now predict Whitehead to Minnesota, so take it all with a grain of salt.

Oh lord bless those New Yorkers.... Too arrogant to realize that there are actual places besides NY, LA, Miami, and Chicago that have real, functioning civilizations.

I'd be mad if I were them too. Losing two great players in their backyard to another team!

And Syracuse is the center of civilization.

And Syracuse is the center of civilization.

I know, right. Syracuse is up in the middle of BumFk, NY. Everything surrounding Syracuse is pretty much rolling woods. While I'm not going to diss Syracuse as a town/city, it's ultra hypocrisy for someone from the relatively small city of Syracuse to call the Twin Cities area (16th or 17th largest U.S. metro area) "boonies". Moronic.

I know, right. Syracuse is up in the middle of BumFk, NY. Everything surrounding Syracuse is pretty much rolling woods. While I'm not going to diss Syracuse as a town/city, it's ultra hypocrisy for someone from the relatively small city of Syracuse to call the Twin Cities area (16th or 17th largest U.S. metro area) "boonies". Moronic.

I agree someone from Syracuse calling Minneapolis / St. Paul the boonies is hilarious

Sign with Minnesota boys. Great town, great school.

The thing is Upstate New Yorkers think they're "New Yorkers" if you watched the Belmont they played Sinatra's New York, NBC was showing NYC shots of time square, ellis island etc and the Belmont is a solid two miles upstate, closer to Albany than NYC

Visiting in the fall.....

Whitehead confirmed the potential package deal in a text message to CBSSports.com. “We are thinking about it,” he told CBSSports.com. “We are close friends and we complement each other's game a lot.” While the two biggest schools on each player's list are Minnesota and Syracuse, Whitehead said there are other possibilities in the works, too. “It can be anywhere, you never know,” he said. “Both of our lists are wide open.” Minnesota has made a stronger push since Richard Pitino took over the Golden Gophers, with assistant coaches Kimani Young and Dan McHale working the Northeast effectively. Whitehead and Newton have become more interested in Minnesota in recent weeks, and the two plan on visiting the campus together in the fall. Sources said the visit could come in September.

I usually try to stay away from reading other boards, but I couldn't resist this time. I think this post might even be better than the MSP "boonies" post:

"the idea of playing for Pitino JR may sound all cool and original and stuff like that now, but just wait until he visits "The Barn" . Things will change quickly."

...because the Carrier Dome is a mecca of college basketball.

The thing is Upstate New Yorkers think they're "New Yorkers" if you watched the Belmont they played Sinatra's New York, NBC was showing NYC shots of time square, ellis island etc and the Belmont is a solid two miles upstate, closer to Albany than NYC

the belmont stakes is on long island, just east of queens.

I usually try to stay away from reading other boards, but I couldn't resist this time. I think this post might even be better than the MSP "boonies" post:

"the idea of playing for Pitino JR may sound all cool and original and stuff like that now, but just wait until he visits "The Barn" . Things will change quickly."

...because the Carrier Dome is a mecca of college basketball.

I was dumfounded reading that post. I mean, they do realize that they don't actually have a basketball arena right? You can't even hear the student section on TV because they are 50 yards away from the court. Can they even see the court?

Syracuse........isn't that the school that we keep beating in football? Oh, nevermind. I think that's the program that keeps sending NBA quality talent to the Timberwolves.

Just an FYI, when Jerry Meyer put guesses in vs. When the commitment was made:

3ish months
1 week
4 days
3 days
25 days
30 hours
2 weeks (was wrong)
11 days
6 days
1 day
10 days
4 days
1 and a half hours

You're catching on to the scam :)

I think Meyer had Macura going to Minnesota, then flipped it to Butler a couple of days ago (based on Tweets.. I haven't look at this 247 site in any detail).

Jerry Meyer is actually experienced and very good - out at a lot of events too. But, the 'crystal ball' stuff is a bit silly much of the time. "X% correct" means little without knowing specifics.

the belmont stakes is on long island, just east of queens.

Belmont is right on the border of queens along the Cross Island expressway, you'd have a hard time distinguishing it from queens, I think the original poster was thinking of Saratoga which is close to Albany.

The 247 sports crystal ball thing is very stupid. It's the equivalent of day trading for recruiting. It will get people way over hyped about daily gyrations of recruiting and will make what is often a silly process even sillier. But hey, they'll sell a few extra subscriptions as a result so what do they care.

The 247 sports crystal ball thing is very stupid. It's the equivalent of day trading for recruiting. It will get people way over hyped about daily gyrations of recruiting and will make what is often a silly process even sillier. But hey, they'll sell a few extra subscriptions as a result so what do they care.

The only stupid thing about it IMO is if they constantly change their predictions (like more than once or twice ever week or so). Other than that, it's kind of nice to see where some recruits sit (or where experts believe they are) in their recruitment. It's kind of a refreshing take on recruiting that Rivals/Scout/ESPN does not necessarily offer.

The only stupid thing about it IMO is if they constantly change their predictions (like more than once or twice ever week or so). Other than that, it's kind of nice to see where some recruits sit (or where experts believe they are) in their recruitment. It's kind of a refreshing take on recruiting that Rivals/Scout/ESPN does not necessarily offer.

+1

Couldn't agree more... I think it's awesome except for the changing constantly, but I guess that's why there's 2 main stats for each expert - Predictions correct & average amount of time those predictions lasted. Very cool idea!

I just wanted to say I think Newton will be a better grab in the long run. I hope we get these guys.

cuse fans found are response to them

http://syracusefan.com/threads/isaiah-whitehead.45576/page-7

start at the bottom of page 7 and it continues at page 8

"Nice job we pissed off some Gopher fans! Lol"
http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/bo...6409-All-Things-Isaiah-Whitehead-Thread/page7

"Wow! I really didn't realize that Minnesota had basketball fans."

"Ugh ripping upstate New York...is that not something you go to when you have absolutely NOTHING else to say?"

"I love how they try implying that "The Barn" is a better basketball facility than the Dome lol. Go poll 100 recruits and ask them if they'd rather play in front of 30,000+ for a school with one of the best homecourt records in recent years or their precious "Barn".

"I am truly humbled that my Cuse bias has reached the great State of Minnesota, which is of course the beacon of mankind and the pinnacle of higher civilization that all others should strive to imitate.

If only I could find it on a map..."

Pretty worthless to throw these barbs back and forth- of course, we're going to prefer MN and they're going to prefer NY. Some people will insult the other location. Whatever. I'm glad I'm from MN and love my Gophers, just like i'm sure they're happy rooting for their team, too.

Pretty worthless to throw these barbs back and forth- of course, we're going to prefer MN and they're going to prefer NY. Some people will insult the other location. Whatever. I'm glad I'm from MN and love my Gophers, just like i'm sure they're happy rooting for their team, too.

Syracuse can have their cute little NCAA title led by Carmelo and their other NCAA tourney runs, but we'll always have the 1990 Sweet 16 victory over them and Richard Coffey and Bob Martin will have always shut down Billy Owens and Derrick Coleman!!

Go Gophers!!

Funny stuff!

Ugh ripping upstate New York...is that not something you go to when you have absolutely NOTHING else to say?

Um, weren't Syracuse fans ripping MN first? Look in the mirror there buddy.

I love how they try implying that "The Barn" is a better basketball facility than the Dome lol. Go poll 100 recruits and ask them if they'd rather play in front of 30,000+ for a school with one of the best homecourt records in recent years or their precious "Barn

Two people mentioned the Barn and Dome. No one said anything remotely close to "The Barn is better".

I am truly humbled that my Cuse bias has reached the great State of Minnesota, which is of course the beacon of mankind and the pinnacle of higher civilization that all others should strive to imitate.

If only I could find it on a map...

Of course no one ever said or implied anything like this.

Top Bottom