All Things Gophers 2024-25 Schedule Updates

Ben said some teams "tricked" him in scheduling last year. Perhaps San Francisco was one of them...

Sorry, too lazy to go back in the thread. How many games to add?

I'm assuming that what is on the front page of this thread is all of the all the confirmed games to date. There are either 3 or 4 nonconference games remaining. I'm not sure which because I don't know whether the Minnesota-Florida-Wake Forest-Wichita State meet is a three-day round robin (3 games) or just two games for each team.

I'm assuming that what is on the front page of this thread is all of the all the confirmed games to date. There are either 3 or 4 nonconference games remaining. I'm not sure which because I don't know whether the Minnesota-Florida-Wake Forest-Wichita State meet is a three-day round robin (3 games) or just two games for each team.
It’s reportedly a 4-team bracket. Pairings yet to be announced.

However, interestingly, Wake Forest released its non-conference schedule today & there was no mention of the tournament.

It seems we are in the no information age on a lot of things in life. I did find this line on the Wake Forest website: "Over Thanksgiving, the Deacs will compete in the ESPN Events Invitiational in Orlando, Florida. Opponents and game times will be announced at a later date."
It is two games for teams that are a part of it.
I only saw 9 Wake Forest games...this would make 11.

It seems we are in the no information age on a lot of things in life. I did find this line on the Wake Forest website: "Over Thanksgiving, the Deacs will compete in the ESPN Events Invitiational in Orlando, Florida. Opponents and game times will be announced at a later date."
It is two games for teams that are a part of it.
I only saw 9 Wake Forest games...this would make 11.
Thanks.

They must have added that after the initial press release. No mention of it when it first came out.

It’s reportedly a 4-team bracket. Pairings yet to be announced.

However, interestingly, Wake Forest released its non-conference schedule today & there was no mention of the tournament.

Thanks! If it's bracketed, I'd guess that we would start out with Wake Forest while Florida would play Wichita State. So, we likely won't have a chance of playing two games against P5 teams if we lose the first game.

Ben Johnson & company may deserve jeers because of last year's nonconference schedule but Iowa deserves honorable mention for this home MTE set for the beginning of next season:

Iowa, South Dakota, Southern, and Texas A&M Commerce.

I doubt we'd do another home and home this season, but the agreement with Missouri last year was on August 10th so perhaps not out of the question. It would be nice to have an upper tier game in The Barn.

I do like the mid major schools we are scheduled to play this far. If I had to guess perhaps we'll get a neutral game at the Target Center and fill out the rest with mid majors. Which I'd definitely be happy with. Still 4 games to go, but this will be far the most difficult OOC schedule in CBJ's tenure.

Thanks! If it's bracketed, I'd guess that we would start out with Wake Forest while Florida would play Wichita State. So, we likely won't have a chance of playing two games against P5 teams if we lose the first game.

Ben Johnson & company may deserve jeers because of last year's nonconference schedule but Iowa deserves honorable mention for this home MTE set for the beginning of next season:

Iowa, South Dakota, Southern, and Texas A&M Commerce.

Iowa's got an interesting OOC schedule. No true road games, with very winnable neutral site games. Wazzu and Utah St lost a ton from last year. If they can beat OSU at home, they could be undefeated in OOC play. Their OOC SoS will likely be in the 300's though.

Home
Nov. 4 vs. Southern U. (MTE)
Nov. 7 vs. Texas A&M-Commerce (MTE)
Nov. 13 vs. South Dakota (MTE)
Nov. 19 vs. Rider
Nov. 26 vs. USC Upstate
Dec. 12 vs. Iowa State
Dec. 15 vs. New Orleans
Dec. 30 vs. New Hampshire

Road

Neutral Site Game
Moline, IL
TBA vs. Washington State

HOF Showcase Kansas City, MO
Nov. 22 vs. Utah State

Sanford Pentagon Game Sioux Falls, SD
Dec. 21 vs. Utah

Iowa's got an interesting OOC schedule. No true road games, with very winnable neutral site games. Wazzu and Utah St lost a ton from last year. If they can beat OSU at home, they could be undefeated in OOC play. Their OOC SoS will likely be in the 300's though.

Home
Nov. 4 vs. Southern U. (MTE)
Nov. 7 vs. Texas A&M-Commerce (MTE)
Nov. 13 vs. South Dakota (MTE)
Nov. 19 vs. Rider
Nov. 26 vs. USC Upstate
Dec. 12 vs. Iowa State
Dec. 15 vs. New Orleans
Dec. 30 vs. New Hampshire

Road

Neutral Site Game
Moline, IL
TBA vs. Washington State

HOF Showcase Kansas City, MO
Nov. 22 vs. Utah State

Sanford Pentagon Game Sioux Falls, SD
Dec. 21 vs. Utah

Yeah, Moline basically is an off-campus home game for Iowa as it's only an hour away from Iowa City. Two players on Iowa's roster, including their excellent freshman from last season (Owen Freeman), came from Moline HS. The other two are true neutral sites but I would guess that the substantial majority of partisan fans attending would be for Iowa although I could see some anti-Iowa fans in attendance. Iowa lost at Utah in last year's NIT and a fair portion of Iowa's rotation returns so I guess they have an extra incentive in that one.

And Gophers will host Summit League's Omaha on Nov. 9.

Schedule updated at top of thread.

I don't know how happy this board will be with next year's OOC schedule but, with two games left, it's already much better than last season's OOC. We had only two nonconference opponents in the top 200 last season whereas we have 6 already in the upcoming season. We had 5 nonconference opponents ranked in the 300s last season but so far only one on the new schedule.

Scheduling two Summit League teams but not St. Thomas will certainly sit well with the local sports media.

Disappointed with Omaha. Hope he gets a little courage with these last two.

I say one more good team (Top 100) and one more easier team. Have to have enough games to allow the coach to go through the line up several times. I don't see much in the way of breathers in the conference schedule.

Yeah, Moline basically is an off-campus home game for Iowa as it's only an hour away from Iowa City. Two players on Iowa's roster, including their excellent freshman from last season (Owen Freeman), came from Moline HS. The other two are true neutral sites but I would guess that the substantial majority of partisan fans attending would be for Iowa although I could see some anti-Iowa fans in attendance. Iowa lost at Utah in last year's NIT and a fair portion of Iowa's rotation returns so I guess they have an extra incentive in that one.

I could see them being in a similar situation to us last year because of their poor OOC. They likely lose at most 2 games, but with the bad SOS will need 11 or 12 conference wins to make up for it.

North Texas is a really good addition. Should once again be a top 100 team.

As for the Omaha game. I'm not from Minnesota, so I don't fully get the notion to play St. Thomas, and why that's such a big deal. Sure it'd be nice I guess for the locals, but there is no guarantee they will be a good mid major.

It will give the St. Thomas fan base an opportunity to scout their future opponents live while paying for a ticket to our arena.
Yes IF you can find tickets… and then be able to afford the tickets for what they are selling for on the street.. it would be costly 😂😂

North Texas is a really good addition. Should once again be a top 100 team.

As for the Omaha game. I'm not from Minnesota, so I don't fully get the notion to play St. Thomas, and why that's such a big deal. Sure it'd be nice I guess for the locals, but there is no guarantee they will be a good mid major.
It doesn’t stop the Gophers from playing mid majors who are already guaranteed terrible 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️😂😂

Top Bottom