All Things COVID-19 College Football Impact

Tbh they just need to open up 100%, there’s many studies out there now that show this social distancing isn’t needed, masks are not needed! Media fear mongering and people who fail to look at studies and come to a reasonable conclusion will keep this going!

Which studies published by what medical journals or academic hospitals? Were these studies per reviewed as well?

You have an apropos nickname BTW and I never knew you were a Gopher fan -

1590104082759.png

Last edited:

Numbers are a funny things. All can work an equation and fallowing math rules & you'll come up with the same answer. the problem is did you use the correct equation to to come up with the correct answer. There is still a lot we dont know about this virus which makes it hard to come up with the correct answer to eliminate at this point.

You also have those that believe the so badly that they have the true answer to a problem they refuse to compare their findings with others. Whether you call it call it forcing a round peg in a triangular hole
or the idea that figures dont lye, but lyres or the stubborn do figure!

*** I still think you should think of the Florida Governor's plan with one exception? Use pigeon feathers in the middle of the mask instead of Flamingo feathers. You should still coat the outer mask with oily kerosene. The oil catches the virus and the rest of the kerosene kills it.

Florida's Governor stated-" If you had two 1 dollar masks and slip Flamingo feathers between them that it could filter out the Virus!

If you look up the follow up questions and answer period on C-SPAN or youtube, Florida's Governor said that you had to coat the outer mask with kerosene or desal fuel. Because both are oily and can kill viruses you can just throw away the outer mask saving money.

Now would you rather take the Florida Governor's idea or use the Statesboro method?
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Statesboro/GSU method

Each person that enters Paulson Stadium will be given a half pint of Statesboro Moonshine (190 proof) that they must chug at the gate before they enter the stadium because we all know that alcohol kills or destroys viruses. At Southern we are attempting to kill the virus from inside out! You should also think about smoking because the virus doesn’t want to catch cancer or take a hit of cannabis which will confuse the virus. That way you won’t have to wear a mask and can drink freely from your flask! For those of you that do not smoke you must wear a mask with a small hole near the mouth and drink from your flask with a straw.
[/QUOTE]

Can someone who’s relatively close to Georgia do a wellness check on Talon?

Can someone who’s relatively close to Georgia do a wellness check on Talon?

Numbers are a funny things. All can work an equation and fallowing math rules & you'll come up with the same answer. the problem is did you use the correct equation to to come up with the correct answer. There is still a lot we dont know about this virus which makes it hard to come up with the correct answer to eliminate at this point.

You also have those that believe the so badly that they have the true answer to a problem they refuse to compare their findings with others. Whether you call it call it forcing a round peg in a triangular hole
:cool:
or the idea that figures dont lye, but lyres or the stubborn do figure!

Just like the beers I drink - are the 8% alcohol or 16 proof = can you get where I'm comming from now?

We clearly got the message TALON!

PARTY ON #2 = They have taken away your name and given you a number!

Unlike most on this board I know what your job is for the Gophers!

Please listen to at least mid way!

LOL! TALON its time to put your beer away and go to bed. Still working or laid off? Or did you get old like me?

Well if you can remember " Secret Agent Man" from the 60s, than your old like me #2!

Last edited:

We'll probably be able to attend games with full stadiums as close as Madison, Iowa City, and Lincoln.

But by August, revision 8 of the MN COVID model will be predicting a peak in October/November. Walz will hold another conference stating 'the worst is yet to come'. No fans will be allowed in the stadium, bars/restaurants still won't be allowed to have indoor seating, and game day viewing parties will be held at Target, Walmart, and the World's Largest Candy Store.
Move to those states then, you coward.

But then I think we would lose Fleck. He may want to make something out of nothing, but he is not going to want to try to do that with one hand tied behind his back. Do we want an elite program or not? Time for every major player in the state to make that decision.
If we lost fleck because our governor is liberal fleck was never going to work long term in Minnesota anyways.

But then I think we would lose Fleck. He may want to make something out of nothing, but he is not going to want to try to do that with one hand tied behind his back. Do we want an elite program or not? Time for every major player in the state to make that decision.

I was mostly joking, I hope.

Jesus. The right-wing conspiracy theorist vibe is strong in this thread.

Tbh they just need to open up 100%, there’s many studies out there now that show this social distancing isn’t needed, masks are not needed! Media fear mongering and people who fail to look at studies and come to a reasonable conclusion will keep this going!

Considering University of Minnesota's own experts are saying opposite of that, I don't see U of M disregarding their own experts and going with "many studies" of other people

Walz is not doing a good job with Covid. Worst death rate in the five state area, zero foresight in preparing nursing homes and meat processing plants. Now it seems he is doubling down on the “ worst is yet to come” thinking with a new projection from the grad students. Sorry- I’m not hopeful Walz will be the bearer of good news with Gopher football

Jesus. The right-wing conspiracy theorist vibe is strong in this thread.
Do yourself a bigtime favor: stay out of the OTB forum on GopherHole. A decent number that post often there, rarely (if ever) post in the sports forums. And their politics are, well, 4chan gross. Even though they hold the majority on OTB, I’m thankful they are a small niche of total society.

FWIW Minnesota Youth Soccer just announced today the cancellation of the summer season. Teams may still be able to do some practicing, but the season with sanctioned games is called off. They are hoping to return to "normal" for the fall season.

Do yourself a bigtime favor: stay out of the OTB forum on GopherHole. A decent number that post often there, rarely (if ever) post in the sports forums. And their politics are, well, 4chan gross. Even though they hold the majority on OTB, I’m thankful they are a small niche of total society.

I know, I took a gander once. Nearly got sucked in.

The governor of this state may be too PC to allow full occupancy for the first game.
I'd be surprised if any college stadiums in any state allow full attendance the first month. Not just a Minnesota thing. Note OSU thread where they are hoping for 50% best case.

If we lost fleck because our governor is liberal fleck was never going to work long term in Minnesota anyways.

Of course, that was not the point being made. Fleck just isn't the type who will accept the need to close down our program here while others continue to row the boat.

Well, as of 5 PM Tuesday, May 26 - you would need to wear a mask at any Gopher sporting event in Minneapolis based on the emergency order from Mayor Frey. It applies to all of Minneapolis - and the campus is in Minneapolis as are most of the venues.
Any indoor event...

Serious question -

Let's say for the sake of argument that the powers-that-be announced that season ticket holders only could attend home games.

How many people would actually attend?

off the top of my head, I think there are something like 21,000 season tickets. (not counting student season ticket holders).

So, if they said season ticket holders only at games - how many people do you think would show up?

My gut guess is less than 15,000. But I could be wrong.

Not quite sure where this belongs - but FWIW -

NCAA Division II Presidents' Council announced that DII football teams will play a 10-game schedule this fall. (Normal is 11). This impacts a lot of MN teams in the NSIC including MSU-Mankato and SW MN State in Marshall.

this is part of a move to reduce expenses due to covid-19. DII has reduced the number of games or matches allowed for all sports. Men's and Women's hoops cut from 28 games to 22, and so forth.

Serious question -

Let's say for the sake of argument that the powers-that-be announced that season ticket holders only could attend home games.

off the top of my head, I think there are something like 21,000 season tickets. (not counting student season ticket holders).

So, if they said season ticket holders only at games - how many people do you think would show up?

Question is whether those 5-6,000 STs, who wouldn't attend, would sell them online.

Serious question -

I'm not a season ticket holder but if I was I would go. Covid-19 went through my house. It was no big deal but I'm in my 40s if I were 75 I would stay away if I didn't already have it.

Top Bottom