All Things COVID-19 College Football Impact

I'm not a season ticket holder but if I was I would go. Covid-19 went through my house. It was no big deal but I'm in my 40s if I were 75 I would stay away if I didn't already have it.
You’re lucky then, congrats. Most I’ve spoken to who’ve had it describe it as the worst flu/cold they’ve ever had in their lives.

I’m more than happy to skip that, myself, and wait for artificially induced immunity.

Sad to see so many people ok with their rights being taken away and think it’s ok. I get most people don’t do the live free or die slogan cause they live in comfy homes, have comfy jobs, and became complacent.

to get on point, every state should open 100% and if people want to stay inside then do it. If people want to go out then let them.

Before anyone says, I’ve known many who have had it and nothing has come Of it, they are A ok and and had very mild symptoms.

1590182818322.png

Georgia Tech at Grant Field in 1918 courtesy of Star Tribune.

Spanish Flu Pandemic mitigation on full show.

Sad to see so many people ok with their rights being taken away and think it’s ok. I get most people don’t do the live free or die slogan cause they live in comfy homes, have comfy jobs, and became complacent.

to get on point, every state should open 100% and if people want to stay inside then do it. If people want to go out then let them.

Before anyone says, I’ve known many who have had it and nothing has come Of it, they are A ok and and had very mild symptoms.
And many who had it went through hell.

You’re lucky then, congrats. Most I’ve spoken to who’ve had it describe it as the worst flu/cold they’ve ever had in their lives.

I’m more than happy to skip that, myself, and wait for artificially induced immunity.
Weird, I don’t see him as lucky. I see him as being typical for what I’ve seen of the virus. The few people I know personally that got it just had the sniffles and said it felt like allergies.

One place gets hundreds of thousands. One gets, at max, like 54k?
The concourses at TCF are as crowded, if not more crowded, than the state fair. I would guess the population density at TCF would be much higher considering the acreage of the state fair.

Last edited:

The concourses at TCF are as crowded, if not more crowded, than the state fair. I would guess the population density at TCF would be much higher considering the acreage of the state fair.
Oh yes TCF way more dense and dangerous
1590192155332.jpeg
maybe on a sellout day for the Gophs. But on an average Saturday for Gopher football, no.

Tbh they just need to open up 100%, there’s many studies out there now that show this social distancing isn’t needed, masks are not needed! Media fear mongering and people who fail to look at studies and come to a reasonable conclusion will keep this going!

Many studies?

Most successful football programs have the support of their governor. But not in Minnesota. What an idiot. Maybe it’s because he is a former coach and is jealous of never making it big time. I saw him at the home games but never at an away game. Who could blame PJ for pulling up stakes with that type of support. No season this year, no PJ next year.

That Fair picture does resemble the TCF concourse during a lightning delay. Pretty tight.

So...somebody figure the odds of being struck by lightning in the stands versus spending 45 minutes next to a virus shedding person on a concourse...

I think you're safer in the stands...

I just went through 5 pages of spatial and social distancing studies. I have yet to find one that draws a conclusion that less distancing is better. Or that facemasks don't limit the infective dose. I might have missed the less cited articles because there were about 40 pages of studies to go through. I'll keep looking.

Oh yes TCF way more dense and dangerous
View attachment 8117
maybe on a sellout day for the Gophs. But on an average Saturday for Gopher football, no.
Have you ever been to a game at TCF? The concourses are so crowded you can barely move.

Having said that, if everyone is wearing a mask I personally wouldn't be afraid of going.

Last edited:

That Fair picture does resemble the TCF concourse during a lightning delay. Pretty tight.

So...somebody figure the odds of being struck by lightning in the stands versus spending 45 minutes next to a virus shedding person on a concourse...

I think you're safer in the stands...

I think you are safer at home.

Have you ever been to a game at TCF? The concourses are so crowded you can barely move.

Having said that, if everyone is wearing a mask I personally wouldn't be afraid of going.
I’ve been to almost every home game at TCF (my profile picture proves I’ve been to at least one). And the concourse crowd is really dependent on what kind of season we’re having. I’ve been to plenty where the concourse was manageable. Sellouts, and almost sellouts, it’s chaos. But a half empty stadium results in not bad concourses in my experience. Have you ever been to the state fair? Talk about anxiety causing crowds.
If everyone is wearing a mask I won’t be attending the games. I refuse to play into this stupid fear mongering

I’ve been to almost every home game at TCF (my profile picture proves I’ve been to at least one). And the concourse crowd is really dependent on what kind of season we’re having. I’ve been to plenty where the concourse was manageable. Sellouts, and almost sellouts, it’s chaos. But a half empty stadium results in not bad concourses in my experience. Have you ever been to the state fair? Talk about anxiety causing crowds.
If everyone is wearing a mask I won’t be attending the games. I refuse to play into this stupid fear mongering
I get more anxiety at the TCF concourse (been to 30+ games at TCF and 50+ state fairs). The premise of my argument was someone talking about 54,000 at TCF so I'm assuming a sellout.

I get more anxiety at the TCF concourse (been to 30+ games at TCF and 50+ state fairs). The premise of my argument was someone talking about 54,000 at TCF so I'm assuming a sellout.
54,000 would be the maximum number of people at the stadium. The fair gets much larger attendance, and depending on what block in the state fair you’re walking in, it is more crowded than most Gopher games. the concourses of sellout Gopher games are the only time I’d say the fair is best for crowdedness

Good riddance!!!

Hope they bar you from entering if you refuse to comply with mask requirements.

54,000 would be the maximum number of people at the stadium. The fair gets much larger attendance, and depending on what block in the state fair you’re walking in, it is more crowded than most Gopher games. the concourses of sellout Gopher games are the only time I’d say the fair is best for crowdedness
Disagree, but I don't think anyone will change your mind so I will leave it at that.

Good riddance!!!

Hope they bar you from entering if you refuse to comply with mask requirements.
You hope they refuse entry to someone that pays a hefty sum for season tickets. So I pay them to kick me out?
Why not let those that feel safer with their little piece of table cloth tied around their face choose to wear them, and then let those that aren’t scared little wusses not wear them?

Top Bottom