All Things COVID-19 College Football Impact

Back to Warren: As I said before, the guy has a fairly impressive resume in the legal world and in the NFL.

I am not saying he was a "bad" hire.

But, if the B1G was looking for a dynamic front man for the conference, then they may have hired the wrong person. Warren is a soft-spoken, thoughtful person. But he doesn't come off all that well in today's sound-bite, social media world.

Maybe they thought he would grow into the position - and they probably did not anticipate that his first major situation as commissioner would involve postponing the football season.

I still put this on the people who hired Warren, and then ran and hid when the feces hit the fan.
Why does an an athletic conference need a "dynamic front man"? I'd like to think I follow college sports fairly closely. I can't name the AD's for any of the other 4 conferences off the top of my head. If you gave me multiple choice I could probably go 2/4. I would put their media presence pretty low on the list of job requirements.

I disagree. There are plenty of parents who have jobs that require them to make a decision with their stakeholders' interests in mind. To claim that all parents apply the same decisions they make for a corporation or organization to their own kids at home is just not even close to the truth. The reality is that the two aren't related and aren't required to be.

So when faced with life or death decisions, a parent would rather kill their child instead of their career?

He won’t afford the players in his league the luxury of personal choice, even though his son was able to choose for himself. If you believe the decision is About protecting the players... he very clearly thinks his son should not be able to make his own choice.
Keep lying, that it was his decision.

Why do you need to lie, to make a point? What about sticking with the truth -- that the presidents made the decision?

Pretty sure you mean you can go pick up lunch from Chipotle. Where you’d get into the weeds is if you told me I couldn’t go to Chipotle because you know what’s best for me while your family enjoys a Chipotle lunch.
He asked his son not to play, and the son said "no, I'm going to make my own decision, as an adult".

Prove me wrong.

Nah ... you'll just assume what you want to be the case, and go with that. :rolleyes:

So when faced with life or death decisions, a parent would rather kill their child instead of their career?

You're being super extreme. Nobody is killing their "child". But yes, parents can make a decision required for their career that they don't apply at home. Or vice versa.

Do you not think there have been senators or congressmen who have voted against a draft or a war, but then they have had to watch while their son enlisted and went off to fight in the same war. We are talking about a young man who is over 18 years old. Do you think Kevin Warren is going to physically go down to Starkville and kidnap his son and take him home? Just a wee bit unrealistic.

You're being super extreme. Nobody is killing their "child". But yes, parents can make a decision required for their career that they don't apply at home. Or vice versa.

Do you not think there have been senators or congressmen who have voted against a draft or a war, but then they have had to watch while their son enlisted and went off to fight in the same war. We are talking about a young man who is over 18 years old. Do you think Kevin Warren is going to physically go down to Starkville and kidnap his son and take him home? Just a wee bit unrealistic.
For another relevant example ... how about Trump with Barron and school !

But that's ok, of course. Warren on the other hand? Unqualified, awful, fire him!

Conservatives are always about individual liberty, choice, and responsibilty. Liberals are always about using government to steer society.

See this dynamic played out all the time in american governance so shouldnt be surprising that is also playing out in this arena of the virus and college football.

All political. If schools wouldve been allowed to opt in or out then everyone wouldve been happy.

Last edited:

Conservatives are always about individual liberty, choice, and responsibilty. Liberals are always about using government to steer society.

See this dynamic played out all the time in american governance so shouldnt be surprising that is also playing out in this arena of the virus and college football.

Hmm, I think your generalization has at least one major issue. You say conservatives "are always about individual liberty and choice." But aren't conservatives almost all pro-life - a policy that tries to take a woman's right to choose away from her?

Why does an an athletic conference need a "dynamic front man"? I'd like to think I follow college sports fairly closely. I can't name the AD's for any of the other 4 conferences off the top of my head. If you gave me multiple choice I could probably go 2/4. I would put their media presence pretty low on the list of job requirements.
This is a billion dollar business, mon ami. You need to do/be infinitely better than what Warren has shown up to this point. Again, completely setting aside whether shitcanning the season was the right move, virtually every way he handled the situation up to this point was largely a failure. Embarrassing, really.

I was for sure one that thought he was a great hire a handful of months ago, granted I might have been biased because of the Vikings background. I couldn't have been more wrong. He's a dumpster fire.

Yeah he needs to do better! Because ... I’m making up why from nothing!

His handling of it has been a total failure! Because .... well I’m also making that up from nothing! Yeah!!

Hmm, I think your generalization has at least one major issue. You say conservatives "are always about individual liberty and choice." But aren't conservatives almost all pro-life - a policy that tries to take a woman's right to choose away from her?

Conservatives value the life of the individual unborn baby. Many women agree.

Lol yes. “Many” means like 30% or whatever it is. Typical weasel words.

Extreme? Isn't cancelling a football season is also extreme? That was done because it's unsafe for the players to play right?

Parents don't still have strong influence over college age children? Warren has decided it's too dangerous for 1400+ adult's to make their own decision to play football, but can't convince his own son that it's too dangerous to play?

Many, but definitely not the majority. But that's for a different debate

Yes, a different debate. But will leave you with the thought that conservatives are trying to win this life and death argument through debate and the ballot box.

Extreme? Isn't cancelling a football season is also extreme? That was done because it's unsafe for the players to play right?

Parents don't still have strong influence over college age children? Warren has decided it's too dangerous for 1400+ adult's to make their own decision to play football, but can't convince his own son that it's too dangerous to play?
Just another liar, trying to spread the lie that Warren made the decision. Hack

Bro, what is your deal? You are not listening or you are very obtuse.

Kevin Warren THE FATHER does not have to make the same decisions as Kevin Warren THE COMMISIONER. Nobody said he is trying to convince his son not to play. That is a made up narrative by posters on here who have a problem with a black man being in charge (see, I can make up narratives too!).

Kevin Warren is the figurehead for an organization. That organization is made up of multiple stakeholders. Kevin Warren doesn't make unilateral decisions for the Big Ten.

Just like Roger Goodell speaks with NFL owners on policies and Adam Silver with NBA owners. It is not that hard to comprehend - unless one is just purposely being a dipsh*t to stoke the fire.

He knows all that. He derives pleasure from your frustration, by lying and purposefully misframing and misinterpreting your arguments.

People who use absolutes are almost always wrong and end up looking a bit foolish.

Kevin Warren THE FATHER does not have to make the same decisions as Kevin Warren THE COMMISIONER. Nobody said he is trying to convince his son not to play. That is a made up narrative by posters on here who have a problem with a black man being in charge (see, I can make up narratives too!).

Kevin Warren is the figurehead for an organization. That organization is made up of multiple stakeholders. Kevin Warren doesn't make unilateral decisions for the Big Ten.

Just like Roger Goodell speaks with NFL owners on policies and Adam Silver with NBA owners. It is not that hard to comprehend - unless one is just purposely being a dipsh*t to stoke the fire.
And his son is an adult. Kevin warren doesn’t have the ability to tell his son he can’t play.
Likewise, if all the players on all the big ten teams pooled money together they could get together and play a full big ten season.

and since it is the players that drive the revenue for the sport and not the institutions they would make a ton of money on the deal #sarcasm

Why wouldn't he try to convince his son not to play? The majority of whom Warren has been speaking with has determined it's not safe to play, which is why the season has been cancelled.

I have zero problem with a black man being in charge, and was a fan of the Warren hire at the beginning. What does race have to do with any of this?

Warren's number 1 job is to communicate with everyone, and make sure they are all on the same page. Moving forward with the season, then abruptly cancelling it a few days later, with presidents, ADs, coaches, and Warren not all on the same page of how that decision was made, is a huge failure of communication by Warren.

Presidents changing their minds after the schedule was released, due to new medical evidence of myocarditis being claimed by their medical consultants, is Warren’s fault for not communicating well enough??

What a fraud, liar you are.

Why wouldn't he try to convince his son not to play? The majority of whom Warren has been speaking with has determined it's not safe to play, which is why the season has been cancelled.

I have zero problem with a black man being in charge, and was a fan of the Warren hire at the beginning. What does race have to do with any of this?

Warren's number 1 job is to communicate with everyone, and make sure they are all on the same page. Moving forward with the season, then abruptly cancelling it a few days later, with presidents, ADs, coaches, and Warren not all on the same page of how that decision was made, is a huge failure of communication by Warren.

Man, you're daft. I think you have legit reading comprehension issues. I literally just laid out in plain English for you and you still missed it:

" That is a made up narrative by posters on here who have a problem with a black man being in charge (see, I can make up narratives too!). "

You and GopherFanatic19 are just deciding that his son's playing status is somehow part of the Big Ten's story. You're just forcing a narrative on people that has no truth or relevance.

Again (I feel like I'm taking crazy pills repeating myself with you), while Kevin Warren may have failed communicating on this in effective manner, that has ZERO to do with what his son is doing. There is literally no relation between the two.

Hey, MplsGopher get off your high horse. You are not fooling anyone. The only reason you support Warren is because he is black. You really are the only one on GH that is truly racist. Unfortunately you aren’t smart enough to recognize it.

I see in the Des Moines Register, the A.D. at Iowa, admits that he voted to delay, not cancel, t he football season. Now let’s see the other 13 votes. Then we will know who to really cares about B1G football and the players.

Top Bottom