All Things COVID-19 College Football Impact

Science?
Don't wear a mask, wear a mask?
HCQ works, Cant use HCQ?
You tested positive for Covid, you have zero symptoms?
You may develop myocarditis, Mayo doctor says it is very rare and treatable?
Age group 15-24 reveals over 99% of Covid cases cured

The science actually indicates playing college sports is safe! !
LOL at this post. Like I said, anti-science.

You seem to like making reference to ass kicking, punching, and other violent acts, and not just once in a great while. Are you some sort of granola eating, more "nuanced" semi- Clint Eastwood like character or just an angry liberal in stewing in the basement?
I just laugh thinking of these fragile, old white men, who drink the Alex Jones koolaid. They actually, honestly believe that they're somehow more manly or some other made-up bullshit, designed to do nothing more than sell you crap (like bone broth, for cripes sake). It's just sad

Warren serves at the wishes of the university presidents.
The presidents made the decision knowing it would be very unpopular among those who still believe the Trump line that it is not a serious disease and will just go away, players who come to college just to play and their parents, those who rebel when anyone in authority tells them anything and those whose lives are so empty that not seeing their team play football is like unto a death.
Of course they knew there would be criticism.
They are paid to make decisions like that.
If life as you know it is over for lack of Gopher football blame the right persons- the heads of the BIG universities.

I looked at that a few weeks ago. What qualified Warren for the job?

He certainly had plenty of experience in the "sports world" but I would say his glaring weakness would have been lack of experience as a college AD or college commissioner.

Glaring weaknesses like that are often overlooked though if the candidate possesses other valuable traits for the company/organization. I'm sure you can think of a current or former boss that got hired and caused you to scratch your head a little bit (I know I can think of a couple examples in my career)? We've also had high-ranking politicians get elected and they had zero experience in politics or the public sector. People seem to be ok with that.

Last edited:

Clearly, there should be a rule that you can only be hired as a commissioner if you've been a commissioner before.

That'll solve the "problem" indefinitely going forward, right?

Also, it should be clear that a preferred skill would be managing a conference during a novel pandemic. I find it hard to believe that the Big Ten forgot to screen for this obviously needed skill!

Warren serves at the wishes of the university presidents.
The presidents made the decision knowing it would be very unpopular among those who still believe the Trump line that it is not a serious disease and will just go away, players who come to college just to play and their parents, those who rebel when anyone in authority tells them anything and those whose lives are so empty that not seeing their team play football is like unto a death.
Of course they knew there would be criticism.
They are paid to make decisions like that.
If life as you know it is over for lack of Gopher football blame the right persons- the heads of the BIG universities.

Mpls = Plato? The hyperbolic pattern fits..

Mpls = Plato? The hyperbolic pattern fits..

Possible. There are a couple of people on the other side of the political spectrum here that I wouldn't doubt are duplicate accounts too. Pretty bizarre if people really do feel like they need duplicate accounts to help prove their points.

He certainly had plenty of experience in the "sports world" but I would say his glaring weakness would have been lack of experience as a college AD or college commissioner.

Glaring weaknesses like that are often overlooked though if the candidate possesses other valuable traits for the company/organization. I'm sure you can think of a current or former boss that got hired and caused you to scratch your head a little bit (I know I can think of a couple examples in my career)? We've also had high-ranking politicians get elected and they had zero experience in politics or the public sector. People seem to be ok with that.

Plenty of people have desirable traits. There are boatloads of individuals with similar business qualifications to Warren.

I don’t think people are ok with politicians...unless they are pushing your personal agenda. Then they may be wonderful.

Clearly, there should be a rule that you can only be hired as a commissioner if you've been a commissioner before.

That'll solve the "problem" indefinitely going forward, right?

Also, it should be clear that a preferred skill would be managing a conference during a novel pandemic. I find it hard to believe that the Big Ten forgot to screen for this obviously needed skill!

There was a report out at Eleven Warriors yesterday on a possible unpublished study on COVID-related myocarditis in young adults (at Ohio State) that helped sway the presidents. That would be useful information to help make a case, if relevant.

I’d argue this decision wasn’t communicated well by anyone on high. It may prove to be unquestionably correct course but there was a lot of room left for criticism. Warren is new to the modern day college culture and may be feeling his way through with the university heads.

There was a report out at Eleven Warriors yesterday on a possible unpublished study on COVID-related myocarditis in young adults (at Ohio State) that helped sway the presidents. That would be useful information to help make a case, if relevant.

I’d argue this decision wasn’t communicated well by anyone on high. It may prove to be unquestionably correct course but there was a lot of room left for criticism. Warren is new to the modern day college culture and may be feeling his way through with the university heads.
This post is completely reasonable, in my opinion.

And it is an entire galaxy away from the rest of the unintelligent spew on GH towards Warren.

Plenty of people have desirable traits. There are boatloads of individuals with similar business qualifications to Warren.

I don’t think people are ok with politicians...unless they are pushing your personal agenda. Then they may be wonderful.

Warren has pretty broad experience in sports, law, and running operations within a sports team. It seems he was very highly thought of and a candidate to be the next NFL commissioner (https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2019/12/16/Year-End-Awards/Hire.aspx). You would think a lot of the organizational aspects of working in the front office of an NFL team would transfer over to running a college conference. Maybe the Big Ten was enamored with having someone from the NFL working for them that could help raise the conference's profile? We don't really know and never will. Like I said, I've seen in my career a few head scratching hires in my profession and heard about others from my peers. Sometimes those hires work out, sometimes they don't. I think during the pandemic there are very few leaders that are looking like they have the right answers, because at this point I don't think anyone knows the right answers.

I’m still trying to figure out the fathomings of the hateful on what exactly, specifically Warren himself, did to inspire such spew.

You can hate the conference (presidents) for postponing the season, that’s one thing. Why are some making up reasons to hate one person?? Does not compute.

I am moderate I voted for Barack Obama first term I also voted for Jesse Ventura

Did I say you were Republican? I could care less.

You told me more people like Kevin Warren's stalker's post than mine. And I made the point that there are lots of people out there who agree and like crazy sh*t. Getting some people to like a comment on GopherHole is not a certification of sanity, clarity or intelligence.

I just laugh thinking of these fragile, old white men, who drink the Alex Jones koolaid. They actually, honestly believe that they're somehow more manly or some other made-up bullshit, designed to do nothing more than sell you crap (like bone broth, for cripes sake). It's just sad
I have not seen anyone on this board spew as much hate, as many stereotypes, or make as many assumptions on other posters mindsets than you. Perhaps I am the only one that sees the hypocrisy inherent in many of your posts.

I have not seen anyone on this board spew as much hate, as many stereotypes, or make as many assumptions on other posters mindsets than you. Perhaps I am the only one that sees the hypocrisy inherent in many of your posts.
The post you quoted is entirely specific things.

I can’t be a hypocrite, by the definition of that word, unless I am also those things. Which I certainly am not.

Warren has pretty broad experience in sports, law, and running operations within a sports team. It seems he was very highly thought of and a candidate to be the next NFL commissioner (https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2019/12/16/Year-End-Awards/Hire.aspx). You would think a lot of the organizational aspects of working in the front office of an NFL team would transfer over to running a college conference. Maybe the Big Ten was enamored with having someone from the NFL working for them that could help raise the conference's profile? We don't really know and never will. Like I said, I've seen in my career a few head scratching hires in my profession and heard about others from my peers. Sometimes those hires work out, sometimes they don't. I think during the pandemic there are very few leaders that are looking like they have the right answers, because at this point I don't think anyone knows the right answers.

His resume is light years away from Delaney, or Sankey at the SEC, for example. IMO it’s a gamble to hire someone with little or no experience in the relevant field. Clearly the media rights, licensing etc is relevant but it seems odd they didn’t promote from within or select a well thought of individual in the college sphere, IMO.

Dude, shut up about his son. You keep posting the same thing on every comment on this issue. His son has nothing to do with his job and his stakeholders (presidents and chancellors in the Big Ten)

He won’t afford the players in his league the luxury of personal choice, even though his son was able to choose for himself. If you believe the decision is About protecting the players... he very clearly thinks his son should not be able to make his own choice.

He won’t afford the players in his league the luxury of personal choice, even though his son was able to choose for himself. If you believe the decision is About protecting the players... he very clearly thinks his son should not be able to make his own choice.

I disagree. There are plenty of parents who have jobs that require them to make a decision with their stakeholders' interests in mind. To claim that all parents apply the same decisions they make for a corporation or organization to their own kids at home is just not even close to the truth. The reality is that the two aren't related and aren't required to be.

Last edited:

Oh and since we need to post our degrees in order to add credibility, mine are BSEE, MBA, MBT. All obtained in the last 15 years.

His son is an adult... he makes choices based on his circumstances.

I can choose to go to Chipoltle for lunch today, other people can't... that's not necessarily unfair, it's just how things work out.

His son is an adult... he makes choices based on his circumstances.

I can choose to go to Chipoltle for lunch today, other people can't... that's not necessarily unfair, it's just how things work out.

Pretty sure you mean you can go pick up lunch from Chipotle. Where you’d get into the weeds is if you told me I couldn’t go to Chipotle because you know what’s best for me while your family enjoys a Chipotle lunch.

Yes, this whole thing is obviously political. In light of this, would been wise to give teams/players options. Ohio State, Nebraska, etc. would be excited as their season is about to begin. Non-playing schools would be relieved because they would feel safe.
This is what should have happened.

Also, since when have college players had the luxury of personal choice? Look at the case of Jarvis Johnson from the Gopher basketball team. He had heart issues discovered his senior year of HS (or the summer after). He was obviously healthy enough and decided to take on the personal risk of playing intramurals and summer league hoops. But the U was never going to let him sign a waiver and risk something happening on the court during practice or a game. Nobody wants the next Hank Gathers story on their watch. So with so many unknowns about COVID, what makes anyone think a bunch of universities are going to leave the decision to individual players now?

Pretty sure you mean you can go pick up lunch from Chipotle. Where you’d get into the weeds is if you told me I couldn’t go to Chipotle because you know what’s best for me while your family enjoys a Chipotle lunch.

If Chipoltle MN (if that was a thing) decided to be closed on Sunday but ... that might be the case.

But let's be clear, there's more than 'whats best for me' when it comes to 'do i want to host football'.

Universities get a choice too...

Oh and since we need to post our degrees in order to add credibility, mine are BSEE, MBA, MBT. All obtained in the last 15 years.

Who is posting degrees for credibility??

A poster made a huge assumption that since I watched CNN as opposed to Fox News, I must have graduated from college in the last few years. Me saying when I received my degrees had nothing to do with credibility, but letting him know how wrong his assumption was.

Now, on the other hand, I did make a couple of jokes about what kind of degrees (or lack thereof) the average Fox News viewer has.

LOL at this post. Like I said, anti-science.
You can laugh all you want. Everything I posted is factual! Your issue is that you only believe the "science" that you choose to believe. You do you and I will be me.

Back to Warren: As I said before, the guy has a fairly impressive resume in the legal world and in the NFL.

I am not saying he was a "bad" hire.

But, if the B1G was looking for a dynamic front man for the conference, then they may have hired the wrong person. Warren is a soft-spoken, thoughtful person. But he doesn't come off all that well in today's sound-bite, social media world.

Maybe they thought he would grow into the position - and they probably did not anticipate that his first major situation as commissioner would involve postponing the football season.

I still put this on the people who hired Warren, and then ran and hid when the feces hit the fan.

Top Bottom