All Things Class of 2015 Recruiting - Class Finally Complete? Nope Chris Obekpa visit

I'm definitely all man,just can't wait for your opinion/hate to catch up with you

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wouldn't mind a recruiting rumor or two right now. It's been pretty damn quiet as of late.

1. Murphy-4 year player
2. Cunningham-3 year transfer
3. Washington-2 year transfer

I wasn't looking forward to spring recruiting, but this has been fun. The above are all great gets, but I agree with Madtown probably someone we never heard of. Good job by Coach P. and staff. It seems like they are everywhere.

I wouldn't care if he walked on or got a scholarship,I just wanna see him in maroon and gold.& either way,if he does what I know he's capable of hoop dreams gonna get two full servings.

Better options than Olivier and Caroline? Really? Hopefully they have an unannounced grad transfer in the works, because Olivier would very likely be the best pure post player on the roster next year. I don't know if it would be particularly close.

I wouldn't care if he walked on or got a scholarship,I just wanna see him in maroon and gold.& either way,if he does what I know he's capable of hoop dreams gonna get two full servings.

I never said he can't play... I don't think given his track record and our needs he is worth a scolly. If Pitino is willing to take him back as a walk-on, great. I've seen his selfish attitude on the court and he is a cancer when his shot is off or he is not getting enough minutes/touches.

How tasty were your two full servings when he got booted?

Murphy official visit next week to MN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I was just looking at Jordan's videos and ran into a player by the name of DJ Hogg who is committed to Texas A&M.... How the F did they get the recruiting class they did this year? To my knowledge nothing has changed with that program other than progressing from the cellar of the SEC to finishing this year in the 2nd round of the NIT. Last year they competed in the CBI.... Their coach is in his 4th year coming from Murray State after the Turgeon departure.

In 2014 they had one 4 star recruit according to 247 and 2 3 stars and 2 NR...

2015 they have the 7th best class in the country......

HOW?

If all it takes is a CBI 2nd round finish and then a progression to the NIT 2nd round finish to land 4 high 4* recruits, what the hell is our problem?

So I was just looking at Jordan's videos and ran into a player by the name of DJ Hogg who is committed to Texas A&M.... How the F did they get the recruiting class they did this year? To my knowledge nothing has changed with that program other than progressing from the cellar of the SEC to finishing this year in the 2nd round of the NIT. Last year they competed in the CBI.... Their coach is in his 4th year coming from Murray State after the Turgeon departure.

HOW?

If all it takes is a CBI 2nd round finish and then a progression to the NIT 2nd round finish to land 4 high 4* recruits, what the hell is our problem?

Well I assume DJ hogg and Tyler Davis both from plano texas are either teammates or good friends. They lived 3 hours from A&M. They committed late august/early September then Elija Thomas, who is from Lancaster(the other side of Dallas from the other 2), committed shortly after that and the class was wrapped up with Admon Gilder from Dallas. My guess is they all played Summer together but i could be wrong.

Edit: Hogg and Davis are HS teammates and probably summer as well by highlight videos and Gilder and Thomas look to have been on the same summer team last year.

HOW?

According to Rivals, they have the #28, #29 Elijah Thomas, #38, and #65 recruits, but they're all from Texas. I guess some top recruits actually do stay home. Probably close to the equivalent of a Jones, Vaughn, Travis, Macura 2014 class for us.

Looking at the Rivals 150, California has commitments from the #3 and #7 recruits, LSU has commits from #2 and #13, the #8 recruit Malik Newman chose Mississippi State over offers from Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Memphis, and Ohio State, and Duke has commitments from 4 5-stars, so they could potentially be even better next year.

Also Kobe Eubanks is apparently still on the board, though it seems he has declared a top 5 that doesn't include the Gophers. Weren't we recruiting him for 2014?

Tyson Jolly is at #73, which would have made him our highest rated recruit of this class had we been able to get him.

Kevin Dorsey is #108, the last 4 star. I thought I saw him as a 3 star within the last week.

Thanks Dannyboy! Murphy is always listed as a SF, IMHO with the little film I watched, I think he's a PF in Coach P.'s system. I think he's probably 6-7 and 210-215 lbs. What a way to end the recruiting year.

I would be ecstatic if we were to add Murphy at this point. Looks like a high quality player who could step in and contribute.

(Mostly I just wanted to post to get that stupid McNeil thread off the top of the board. It makes me nauseous just looking at it.)

I would be ecstatic if we were to add Murphy at this point. Looks like a high quality player who could step in and contribute. (Mostly I just wanted to post to get that stupid McNeil thread off the top of the board. It makes me nauseous just looking at it.)

And no better way to do that than advocating for Jordan Murphy. I'd forgive every loss last season if he signed here lol would be one heck of a recruiting class.

ESPN's Scouting Report on Jordan Murphy...

SCOUTING REPORT
ESPN Analyst
Updated 04/09/2015

Strengths:
Murphy is a long and athletic forward that excels in transition where he is capable of rebounding and taking the ball coast to coast and finish above the rim or with either hand. He is also a good straight line slasher and his rim dribble jumpers and threes off the catch with needed time and space. Murphy can score and is a pretty good rebounder as well. Defensively Murphy is a capable of defending both wing positions and even some smaller power forwards.

Weaknesses:
Murphy will need to continue to add strength and work on his ball handling when under intense pressure and to make his jumper a more consistent weapon behind the arc. We think he could be a more of a factor on the glass as well given his athletic ability. Overall consistency should be improved as well.

Bottom Line:
Murphy is a mid major plus forward with great upside. He is an athletic and smooth scorer that is a multiple position defender as well that is loaded with potential.

I think Murphy could definitely log some minutes at the 4 for us. He appears to be a classic combo forward. It seems as though Pitino recruits three kinds of players; combo guards, combo forwards, and big athletic centers.

Combo guards (guards/wings that can handle the ball):
Dorsey
Mason
Johnson
McBrayer
Morris

Combo forwards (forwards that can play on the wing or in the front court):
Buggs
King
Gilbert
Murphy

Big athletic centers (big athletic dudes that block shots and rebound the ball):
Konate
Diedhiou
Nwankwo

Top Bottom