All Things Class of 2015 Recruiting - Class Finally Complete? Nope Chris Obekpa visit

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hope it's nothing serious.

I hate shoulder surgeries if they involve shoulder muscles. They take a long time to heal well enough to play without risking further injury.

PiPress: Recruiting class already familiar with one another

Two years ago, Ahmad Gilbert and Kevin Dorsey got a glimpse into their future as University of Minnesota basketball teammates when they were on the same team at the Big Shots All-American Camp in Maryland.

They played well together and were among the camp's top players.

Gilbert and Dorsey weren't considering going to the same college at the time, but they're excited now about teaming up with the Gophers next season.

"I know him fairly well," Dorsey said of Gilbert. "That's my man. Been seeing him since about 15 and under AAU."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci...rce=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Go Gophers!!

Per Ryan James

Rivals 150 talent @jordanmurphy24 said that he will "be leaving for a visit today" to Minnesota. Murphy is ranked 113th by Rivals.

This Murphy visit is huge. If there is any way we can get him to commit while he is here that would be incredible. Doesn't look like any really sunny days coming up this week sadly, but still plenty to enjoy. Hoping for a great visit!

@mjessenhoward: Jordan Murphy genuinely complimented the #Gophers three weeks ago when we spoke in Indy, but I never felt as if they actually had a chance.

@mjessenhoward: But he's on campus and interested. Anything can happen. #Gophers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@mjessenhoward: Jordan Murphy genuinely complimented the #Gophers three weeks ago when we spoke in Indy, but I never felt as if they actually had a chance.

@mjessenhoward: But he's on campus and interested. Anything can happen. #Gophers

This is where Pitino earns his stripes and his salary as a good recruiter.

@DWolfsonKSTP: Adding on to Jordan Murphy news: he's here today. Meeting w/ Pitino, etc. Ex-VCU commit. 6'7" forward was a McDonald's finalist. #gophers

Let's hope he doesn't leave without a commitment. Would be perfect fit. And honestly we couldn't even imagined being in this position I would think. Players like this aren't usually available at this point, at least not for the Gophers I wouldn't think.

Let's hope he doesn't leave without a commitment. Would be perfect fit. And honestly we couldn't even imagined being in this position I would think. Players like this aren't usually available at this point, at least not for the Gophers I wouldn't think.

Agreed. He is a perfect player for this team. He doesn't make us final four contenders by any means, but the bubble becomes extremely possible next year and the chance to grow with a really solid core of Freshman. If all stick around, that team could be really really good as SO and JR.

Someone needs to follow Murphy on his visit wearing a GoPro. I am that desperate for updates here lol

While I think Murphy is a "PF" in Pitino's system, the bits I've watched of him I think he can be more of a 3/4 hybrid in a good way. In that he can succeed at both spots depending on how we want to play. Those are guys that give you so much flexibility and options with lineups and depth.

I think he could end up taking a similar route to the starting line up as Nate Mason last year. Start on the bench, impress as a 6th/7th man and ultimately get a shot at starting after King has some poor outings.

Looks like a potentially great get to end this recruiting class. Time to earn that cup of coffee Richard, cuz coffee is for closers.

Very similar things were said about Martin last year at this time.

True, but he didn't even hang around long enough to give that a shot. Honestly, if he would have hung around and worked hard, he may have gotten a shot. It's not like King and our platoon of PF's lit it up last year.

Top Bottom