All Things Class of 2015 Recruiting - Class Finally Complete? Nope Chris Obekpa visit

@AmeliaRayno
In that blog: expect Cullen Russo to commit to Fresno State soon as MN interest has cooled. Also, could Zach Lofton rejoin team?
I believe it was reported that the Gophers had just offered Russo Saturday so would think something must have happened Sunday to change their thinking. Hopefully they got some good news on a potential grad transfer or Murphy.

Looks like Doogie also mentioned earlier today that he thought Russo would go elsewhere.

Josh Cunningham and Terry Larrier are both transfers (former top 100 guys) who Minnesota had a ton of interest in.. I believe Larrier visited campus unofficially while in town for AAU couple summers ago, ended up at VCU with Shaka. Cunningham obviously committed to Bradley (weird... over Iowa St, MN, Indiana and others). I'd probably take either one of these guys (along with Washington) even if they had to sit out. They're that good.

Josh Cunningham and Terry Larrier are both transfers (former top 100 guys) who Minnesota had a ton of interest in.. I believe Larrier visited campus unofficially while in town for AAU couple summers ago, ended up at VCU with Shaka. Cunningham obviously committed to Bradley (weird... over Iowa St, MN, Indiana and others). I'd probably take either one of these guys (along with Washington) even if they had to sit out. They're that good.
+1

Larrier I believe is not transferring for sure yet, is considering changing schools and hasn't ruled going back to VCU yet. Has family issues. If he does transfer he is staying home which is Connecticut area.

Everyone is too focused on a big. To me if Lofton has his act together I would rather see a guard. Russo would be pretty similar to what we have at the four and five. Lofton was here for a reason and if he buys in, and that probably is wishful thinking but he could be a difference maker. Doubt anyone left on the board we are recruiting is that. Pitino wants three guards on the floor at all times imo. You got Mason, Dorsey, Morris to start and then Jarvis and Mcbrayer and maybe Gilbert at times. Give me Lofton with those guys and that would be the start of a winning backcourt. You still have five guys to play the other two spots counting King , and Gilbert could maybe play a little four. With Lynch coming in the next season I think we can live with the bigs we have.

Right now I'm hoping we land either Murphy, Washington, Cunningham, or a grad transfer. If we can't land any of those 3 I kinda hope we just bank the scholarship. I haven't seen enough or know enough about Russo or Caroline to have a strong opinion on them either way. I would rather just move on from Lofton I like the combination of players we have there right now and would like to see guys like Mason, McBrayer, Johnson, Gilbert, and even Morris get the playing time instead of Lofton. If Lofton does end up back on the team I hope it is only as a walk-on.

If Lofton ends up back on the team it means that it was about Plan G for Pitino and that doesn't bode well for the program. It's not as if Lofton is all that good. He's a marginal B1G player at best who has a lot of personal issues. The scholarship is far more valuable than the player.

It couldn't be more obvious that Pitino is a short timer. I think he's a talented guy who could do good things here if he wanted to stay but, in way, he's becoming an albatross for this program. Whenever there is significant uncertainty, good players don't want to come.

Give the job to Ben Johnson who is young, smart, a pretty good recruiter and he will stick around for a while.

If Lofton ends up back on the team it means that it was about Plan G for Pitino and that doesn't bode well for the program. It's not as if Lofton is all that good. He's a marginal B1G player at best who has a lot of personal issues. The scholarship is far more valuable than the player.

It couldn't be more obvious that Pitino is a short timer. I think he's a talented guy who could do good things here if he wanted to stay but, in way, he's becoming an albatross for this program. Whenever there is significant uncertainty, good players don't want to come.

Give the job to Ben Johnson who is young, smart, a pretty good recruiter and he will stick around for a while.

It's becoming obvious he's a short timer? What is making it obvious? And if Ben Johnson would have success, (please no!) he would be on the same lists.

I'm going to guess Olivier. That would mean we got help at SF, PF, and possibly a starting C for the future. It leaves us 2 scholarships plus Hurt for the Class of 2016. Not sure we could have realistically done much better than that. Definitely need a PF during fall recruiting and most likely a SG.

It's not just if he is on the team, it's if he is on scholarship.

I'm going to guess Olivier. That would mean we got help at SF, PF, and possibly a starting C for the future. It leaves us 2 scholarships plus Hurt for the Class of 2016. Not sure we could have realistically done much better than that. Definitely need a PF during fall recruiting and most likely a SG.

The coaches checked in on Olivier but have decided to move on as he's a C and they want a PF. This per Ryan James.

Damn. I have a feeling we are going to wake up one day and have a commit from a player we've never heard of.

Goddamnit... If I have to keep changing my stance on people I'm going to be rather pissed off..... I just went full Pollyanna on Cullen Russo... I will, however, state that earlier today I DID bold the "if he commits" portion of my post. Call me Nostradamus.

This made me laugh. Thanks, because yesterday was a rough day.

The coaches checked in on Olivier but have decided to move on as he's a C and they want a PF. This per Ryan James.

Isn't he listed at 6'-8" and a F everywhere?

Ben Johnson recruited him and they are just finding out now he is a C?

Isn't he listed at 6'-8" and a F everywhere?

Ben Johnson recruited him and they are just finding out know he is a C?

In Pitino's offense he's a C. In Tubby's he's a point guard- unless Hoffarber is in the line up. :)

Come in off the ledge, geeze. And if Pitino does go, we can do better than handing it to Ben Johnson, no offense to him. (Although this late, having an interim for this season might be the lesser evil.)

Cooling on Russo and now cooling on Gaston. I just hope there is some method to the madness.

I'm usually against this, but I hope he over-recruits and goes for 3 (two more) '16 guys this fall.

I'm very much against this, but I wonder if that's not the way the game is played these days. I could certainly see going over one.

Jammer! C'mon - its spring - cheer up! You're geting awfully Eeyore on us.

Cooling on Russo and now cooling on Gaston. I just hope there is some method to the madness.

You mean Olivier?

If they are passing on those two, they better have something good in the works... right? :confused:

I'm hunting crow all summer,hoop dreams getting the 1st plate.I will make sure there's enough for all the basketball experts

I'm hunting crow all summer,hoop dreams getting the 1st plate.I will make sure there's enough for all the basketball experts

That sure is mighty nice of you Mrs. Lofton. Fix'n me a plate and all.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom