All Things Chet Holmgren Recruitment Thread (Class of 2021, Gophers Have Offered)

If he doesn't announce his commitment this week, then our chances go up considerably as he really wants to see what is going to happen with RP and then will decide. :p

Minehaha Academy basketball game on ESPNU right now.

A good team was supposed to fly in from Tennessee to play M.A., but weather issues canceled the trip. Stewartville agreed to play two days ago.

A good team was supposed to fly in from Tennessee to play M.A., but weather issues canceled the trip. Stewartville agreed to play two days ago.

Stewartville is good. Minnehaha has potentially 5 D1 players. Chet, Aligbe, Percy, Davis and Mercy. Not many teams in the country matchup with them very well. Doesn’t include Smith who I think has D1 offers but is hurt.

Whatever happened to the Timberwolves Gatorade Shootout? I used to really enjoy watching the top Minnesota teams take on out of staters.

Did it just get taken over by Breakdown who then decided to just go with local teams?

Holmgren reminds me of Kevin McHale in high school. McHale was a stick in HS but bulked up at UMN.

Stewartville is good. Minnehaha has potentially 5 D1 players. Chet, Aligbe, Percy, Davis and Mercy. Not many teams in the country matchup with them very well. Doesn’t include Smith who I think has D1 offers but is hurt.
Yea, I thought Stewartville acquitted themselves pretty well tonight.

Yea, I thought Stewartville acquitted themselves pretty well tonight.

They run a lot through Tschetter who is very good. Chet is maybe the best defender in the country. Alters everything all the time. Tough for them to adjust to that.

I certainly wouldn't want to put a young lifetime's worth of my hard work and dedication into Richard Pitino's hands, and I won't fault Chet for feeling the same way when he doesn't come here.
So basically what your saying is if Pitino coaches him he might fall to #2 in the NBA draft? I dont think I can even screw Holmgren up if I coached him in college!

Carter has B1G offers in football and basketball too. I’m from Stewartville so tuned into the game... thought their (Stewartville’s) PG showed at least NDSU level talent, would love to see him get at least a PWO offer from the Gophers!

Carter has B1G offers in football and basketball too. I’m from Stewartville so tuned into the game... thought their (Stewartville’s) PG showed at least NDSU level talent, would love to see him get at least a PWO offer from the Gophers!

Hit some 3s, was able to finish at the basket around Chet once or twice... seemed faster than just about everyone on Minnehaha and had confidence.

I do not understand the Carter basketball love. He barely plays.

Don’t know if PWO for hoops is a thing honestly.

This how it will go. Chet announces he's not coming to MN, then RP gets fired. It always happens that way. The school will not fire a coach to land a top recruit. It's sad, but true.

This how it will go. Chet announces he's not coming to MN, then RP gets fired. It always happens that way. The school will not fire a coach to land a top recruit. It's sad, but true.
Pretty sure Coyle knows Chet isn't coming here either.

This kid doesn't come here. I don't think it's any secret. Top players are going to a list of about 5-10 schools and we are not among them at this point in time. Sad but true.

I would be more interested in the Gophers recruiting smart guards that can shoot the ball. We have missed on lots of these over the years and has been rare to have a real floor general on this team, or a team that as a whole, makes great decisions and understands what it is that they are supposed to do offensively to win consistently in the Big Ten.

Holmgren would be a home run commitment for Minnesota.
Pro: The Golden Gophers would have a fair amount of depth t the center position with Holmgren, 2021 three-star Centers Treyton Thompson and Kenny Pohto, Liam Robbins, Sam Freeman, and Martice Mitchell. Robbins and Holmgren would be No. 1 and 2 at that position. While Minnesota’s strength has been their guard play, Holmgren would shift that. He would also be in line for Big Ten Freshman of the Year and the All-Defensive Team.

Con: Minnesota still has ways to go before being a top team in the Big Ten conference. They may lose either Marcus Carr or Gabe Kalscheur or both to the NBA Draft after this season. The hometown fit would be excellent for family reasons, but if Holmgren wants to compete for a conference title and a run in the NCAA Tournament, the Gophers aren’t the team.

Pro: The Golden Gophers would have a fair amount of depth t the center position with Holmgren, 2021 three-star Centers Treyton Thompson and Kenny Pohto, Liam Robbins, Sam Freeman, and Martice Mitchell. Robbins and Holmgren would be No. 1 and 2 at that position. While Minnesota’s strength has been their guard play, Holmgren would shift that. He would also be in line for Big Ten Freshman of the Year and the All-Defensive Team.

Con: Minnesota still has ways to go before being a top team in the Big Ten conference. They may lose either Marcus Carr or Gabe Kalscheur or both to the NBA Draft after this season. The hometown fit would be excellent for family reasons, but if Holmgren wants to compete for a conference title and a run in the NCAA Tournament, the Gophers aren’t the team.

Man, Gabe to the NBA Draft?? Those scouts must really be seeing something that the majority of GH misses every game. :p

They may lose either Marcus Carr or Gabe Kalscheur or both to the NBA Draft after this season.

This may be the seminal statement of Gabe's basketball career.

This definitely triggered the "Drug Test" sound byte from "The Jim Rome Show" in my head the second I read it!

The three point shooting of Minnehaha is making Stewartville say, "Uhh".
Was this a Master P reference that none of these old folks got? Didn't watch the game so don't know if his kids were the ones hitting threes.

Was this a Master P reference that none of these old folks got? Didn't watch the game so don't know if his kids were the ones hitting threes.

Their shooting forms were TRU. The limited fans in attendance were screaming, "Light 'Em Up!"

They were Bout it, Bout it.

bold 1: we apparently have 5 centers on the roster. learn something new every day

bold 2: lol wut

Top Bottom