All Things Chet Holmgren Recruitment Thread (Class of 2021, Gophers Have Offered)

Gonzaga reporter likes Gonzagas chances of signing Chet.
Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 6.46.04 PM.pngning Chet.

No I don't think he was consistently projected as high as he is now.

Suggs was a fringe lottery pick? I thought he was always regarded as the #1 or 2 PG coming out next year? Did I miss something?
snippent from a 2019 eval article.

– The other three high school seniors were relatively inconsistent throughout the tournament and didn’t really pop in any significant way. Jalen Suggs played some solid off-ball defense but somewhat floated on offense

doesnt sound like a lottery pick

I've bee trying to watch a few of Suggs' games and that snippet does a pretty good job of summarizing this game. From my perspective, he does a great job of getting the offense started and being aggressive (shooting from deep or going to the basket) at the right times. He's really good at engaging his teammates and picking the right spots.

Not focusing on the actual Head Coaches, but more the style of play, Gonzaga is a great offense for him to showcase his skillset and it's obvious he's very comfortable with that style. Minnesota's offense is not like that. Our PG is expected to be the main scorer and engages others if they don't think they can score. Sometimes confidence is too high and we see some pretty wild shots ... sometimes many wild shots. There are probably no stats for this, but I would guess we have more possessions with out a pass than another Big Ten team.

It's been this way with Nate, Amir (to a lesser extent), and now Marcus. Jamal even said in a recent video that being a PG in a system where they do the scoring was a big part of the decision to come to Minnesota.

Again, back to Suggs. He looks really good at Gonzaga and that style of play is going to be of HIGH interest to the NBA.

Per McDonald's All American press release 4 of the top 6 recruits are uncommitted

Not going to happen but would a Chet MN commitment save Lil' Ricky's job? (if this season ends as I suspect with no NCAA tourney)

Why on Earth would Chet commit here, but only if Pitino is head coach??

Seems silly. Actually, seems like a great "excuse" for Chet to claim why he didn't come to Minnesota. "I was really considering staying home and had a great relationship with coach Pitino, but when he was fired I decided to look elsewhere." Sure you did ....

Not going to happen but would a Chet MN commitment save Lil' Ricky's job? (if this season ends as I suspect with no NCAA tourney)
Sure. So would a final four run. The later is more likely to happen.

Or is he waiting for him to get axed and then see who new coach is and then make his decision?

post 997 about him saying when Chet was announcing. He has zero sources or knowledge. Spends a ton of time but writes little of value.

RJ covers the gophers better than anyone else out there right now. That could be considered sad since it's not his primary job lol

Heres' a photo of Chet with his mom and dad. His dad Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 4.17.31 PM.pngDave is a university of Minnesota Grad. This fact can't hurt.

RJ covers the gophers better than anyone else out there right now. That could be considered sad since it's not his primary job lol

My question is what does he provide? I guess he makes a prediction for every game but so do tons of people on here. His breakdowns are fairly rudimentary. I learn more here than I did as a subscriber to GI

My question is what does he provide? I guess he makes a prediction for every game but so do tons of people on here. His breakdowns are fairly rudimentary. I learn more here than I did as a subscriber to GI
What you listed is what I think he does better than any other gophers writer currently. I’m not saying he’s Bill Simmons or even John K, but I think he gives the best stuff out there right for the U basketball wise.

What you listed is what I think he does better than any other gophers writer currently. I’m not saying he’s Bill Simmons or even John K, but I think he gives the best stuff out there right for the U basketball wise.

Fair enough. I just want more from someone

Top Bottom