All Things Chet Holmgren Recruitment Thread (Class of 2021, Gophers Have Offered)

He's holding out to see who's going to be coaching the Gophers!

i would love it if he announced this with saying that he's waiting to see who the new hire is rather than just saying who's coaching the Gophers :D

That has occurred to me. Still probably won’t be us, but didn’t he say he’d announce his decision in a week like 3 weeks ago?

Go Gophers!!
Good lord! We are not getting Chet this year.. but I do hope that during Coach Johnson's tenure we land a few of these Blue Chips from MN. No all of them obviously, but no 0 fer as well. That should be a reasonable expectation and one of the reasons he was hired.

#13 overall recruit Hunter Sallis just committed to Gonzaga. Can't be good.

Time for Gonzaga to move to the Big East...There is no reason players like these guys need to be playing LMU, San Francisco, Portland, Pacific, and Pepperdine.
This probably their sales pitch. Come here and play a tough non conference early. Work on improving throughout the season and then win big in the spring. We will prepare you for the NBA and you won't be burned out from a tough conference season.

St. Mary's threw some heat in there for awhile but the gap is growing there.
Stan Johnson with LMU, guy seems like a really solid coach. I hope they can build and compete with Gonzaga. It was fun watching them compete against the Gophers this last season.

He looks like when you invent fake players on videos games that are just absurd, like 8' tall and 100lbs.
Was thinking the same thing. Be interesting to see how he gets used in in college. Probably needs to be a SF at this point as he lacks the beef to be a center. I mean can you imagine him trying to defend Robbins or Cockburn right now.

Was thinking the same thing. Be interesting to see how he gets used in in college. Probably needs to be a SF at this point as he lacks the beef to be a center. I mean can you imagine him trying to defend Robbins or Cockburn right now.

He’s not a center and won’t ever be one. He’s a SG/SF like Durant.

Stan Johnson with LMU, guy seems like a really solid coach. I hope they can build and compete with Gonzaga. It was fun watching them compete against the Gophers this last season.

Stan will build it well, but I bet he ends up being promoted before he can get it to that level.

He’s not a center and won’t ever be one. He’s a SG/SF like Durant.
Makes sense. I just haven't watched any video on him so was a little surprising to see just how skinny he really is. Doesn't look like he has put on much weight from when this thread started back in 2018 either. But sure he will fill out some as he gets older.

And it is easy to see just how talented he is.

Makes sense. I just haven't watched any video on him so was a little surprising to see just how skinny he really is. Doesn't look like he has put on much weight from when this thread started back in 2018 either. But sure he will fill out some as he gets older.

And it is easy to see just how talented he is.
Here's a highlight reel. Worth watching.

Anthony Edwards learned while playing for Georgia what it meant to carry a team on his back. His stats were not great but people realized who he was surrounded by. Feel like Chet playing for MN only helps him if Robbins stays and other big men come. He would not only help create a great team, but be lone star we need. Play fir Zags and he could get overshadowed by other more ball dominant stars.

Chet will be away from home the rest of his life in the NBA. He will only play for one year. He is so good it doesn't matter where he goes, he is a lottery pick guaranteed. If Chet has grown up being a Gopher fan and he will take pride in the jersey, then we may actually be a possibility. His father wore the Gopher jersey.

We will have 3 other centers so clearly he will play wing if he chooses the Gophers which will help prepare him for the NBA.

Even a small chance is worth hoping!

Chet will be away from home the rest of his life in the NBA. He will only play for one year. He is so good it doesn't matter where he goes, he is a lottery pick guaranteed. If Chet has grown up being a Gopher fan and he will take pride in the jersey, then we may actually be a possibility. His father wore the Gopher jersey.

We will have 3 other centers so clearly he will play wing if he chooses the Gophers which will help prepare him for the NBA.

Even a small chance is worth hoping!
3 other centers? We barely have 3 other players ATM. He's not staying.

Top Bottom