All Things 2024 Minnesota Vikings Off-Season Thread

Well, Brian Flores was available as this would have been a better position than as LB Coach for the Steelers which he had in 2022. I'm sure any number of NCAA coordinators would have been qualified.

It's was on KOC & Kwesi to find someone that could handle the task.
I’m fine booting KAM. Not sure what he has done that has helped this team win, so far.

KOC is the reason we won 13 two years ago, so he stays.

I’m fine booting KAM. Not sure what he has done that has helped this team win, so far.

KOC is the reason we won 13 two years ago, so he stays.
I have little faith that the Wilfs are able to hire anyone capable of doing better.

From The Athletic’s new column on predicting the starting QB god the teams in need -

Vikings: Sam Darnold and Zach Wilson​

Let’s get wild. If the Vikings lose Cousins, their top target will be Mayfield. But if Mayfield doesn’t hit free agency, Minnesota might try to take a flier on a young option with some upside. Darnold has never been in particularly winning situations as a starter but no one has ever questioned his arm talent. After a year in Kyle Shanahan’s system, he might be ready for another shot at starting — though it’s possible Justin Jefferson(desiring a new contract) would not be thrilled with this arrangement.

In 2021, some with the Jets wanted to keep Darnold and draft Wilson and now the Vikings have the chance to play out that dream. Wilson is on his way out in New York but in the right environment, with the right coaching, he still has the talent to, at worst, be a high-end backup. Minnesota is a good fit.

I have little faith that the Wilfs are able to hire anyone capable of doing better.

I doubt in the last 10 years of every single GM hire in the entire NFL, there has been more than a couple one-off type cases where the guy was just plain ol, obviously not qualified to do the job. And would not be surprised if that was none.

KAM was perfectly qualified.

It just seems to be dumb luck on if they then work out.

Wilfs missed in KAM, is what it seems like so far. So then you just keep swinging until eventually you hit on one, like the Lions have now.

I doubt in the last 10 years of every single GM hire in the entire NFL, there has been more than a couple one-off type cases where the guy was just plain ol, obviously not qualified to do the job. And would not be surprised if that was none.

KAM was perfectly qualified.

It just seems to be dumb luck on if they then work out.

Wilfs missed in KAM, is what it seems like so far. So then you just keep swinging until eventually you hit on one, like the Lions have now.

With respect to the Lions it took a death in the Ford family (William Clay) to change who makes the decisions on running the team including football operations and reverse course on well over a half century of failure.

Even with their positive results the past 2 seasons, they still have yet to reach the Super Bowl so the jury is still out if the current regime will be deemed a success in my book.

Just saw Hunter as a possible signing with 🦁
It appears the Lions were a team that did offer the Vikings a #1 for him at the trade deadline. According to Doogie, Hunter begged the powers that be to not cut him loose.

I don't really blame them for not doing it sense that was the team they were chasing, even through it was a longshot. Could have really blew up the locker room.

Still it would really suck to lose him to them in the end. Even though they get a 3rd Rd pick anyway, it also would have burned up some of the Detroit draft ammo.

Steelers, per their local paper, have interest in Russ and will schedule a meeting with him.

Might be a perfect spot as Tomlin doesn’t tahe anyone’s 💩and Russ may be humbled and ready to be team friendly.

It appears the Lions were a team that did offer the Vikings a #1 for him at the trade deadline. According to Doogie, Hunter begged the powers that be to not cut him loose.

I don't really blame them for not doing it sense that was the team they were chasing, even through it was a longshot. Could have really blew up the locker room.

Still it would really suck to lose him to them in the end. Even though they get a 3rd Rd pick anyway, it also would have burned up some of the Detroit draft ammo.
Him and Aidan - Yikes 😱

thats malpractice turning that down

Steelers, per their local paper, have interest in Russ and will schedule a meeting with him.

Might be a perfect spot as Tomlin doesn’t tahe anyone’s 💩and Russ may be humbled and ready to be team friendly.
Plus the bar for QB play there is low. Just be meh and they'll go 11-6.

I'm not sure I see Russ cooking in Pittsburgh. Whoever goes to Pittsburgh, more than likely they will be told they are competing for the starting job against Pickett and Rudolph. I don't see Russ being told he has to compete to start.

My betting app doesn't let me bet on props like this but I would place a little action on the Vikings being the landing place for Russ, with the Vikings drafting a QB this year as well. Russ will have his choice on where to go, and I would think of the available landing spots and situations, the Vikings would be a desirable spot to him.

I'm not sure I see Russ cooking in Pittsburgh. Whoever goes to Pittsburgh, more than likely they will be told they are competing for the starting job against Pickett and Rudolph. I don't see Russ being told he has to compete to start.
Fai enough, but I wonder if he’d be worrying about competing with either of them.
My betting app doesn't let me bet on props like this but I would place a little action on the Vikings being the landing place for Russ,
They’re leaving a lot of cash on the table - bad capitalists.

Great thing about the UK - they have prop bets on literally anything..
with the Vikings drafting a QB this year as well. Russ will have his choice on where to go, and I would think of the available landing spots and situations, the Vikings would be a desirable spot to him.
He’ll have fun being the belle of the ball.

Wilson coming here just reeks of McNabb's time here.

even through it was a longshot.
Usual dishonesty about how the season was going at that point.

They just won three in a row, including at Green Bay. Everything was rolling, but Kirk just got hurt. You don't know for sure, but to pack it up after week 8 when you're 4-4 and just won three in a row??

How cowardly. Anyone who was advocating for that, shouldn't get to watch the Vikings.

Of course it made no sense to trade him at that point.

Flores might've voiced extreme displeasure about it too. If there was hope of keeping him more than one season, you don't F around with the man's personnel half way through the season.

So much the rubes have no clue on.

With respect to the Lions it took a death in the Ford family (William Clay) to change who makes the decisions on running the team including football operations and reverse course on well over a half century of failure.
Yep, Shiela saved the Lions ... when she hired Bob Quinn and Matt Patricia.

She knows what she's doing! :rolleyes:

Got lucky as hell with Holmes and Campbell. Good for the Lions.

they still have yet to reach the Super Bowl
This fake take would at least have some chance if they had been blown out in the NFC Championship.

But here in reality, this is so fake and pathetic.

Risner was a great pickup. Did he retire?

Get him back and/or draft someone.

Ingram played much better this year. (Kg wouldn’t know line play if it sat on his face)

They just won three in a row, including at Green Bay. Everything was rolling, but Kirk just got hurt. You don't know for sure, but to pack it up after week 8 when you're 4-4 and just won three in a row??

How cowardly. Anyone who was advocating for that, shouldn't get to watch the Vikings.

Flores might've voiced extreme displeasure about it too. If there was hope of keeping him more than one season, you don't F around with the man's personnel half way through the season.

I said the Lions were the 2023 NFC North favorites all the way back in December 2022.

They were already multiple games behind and going to be even tougher without Cousins. This was known at the trading deadline. It was obviously going be a long shot to get ahead of them in the standings.

For some reason though, you are ignoring the part where I said "I don't really blame them for not doing it." Translation: I was ok with them NOT trading Hunter. The Wild Card was still worth pursuing, IMO.

It failed. In hindsight.

Nice work by you though, you're picking fights even when one agrees with you.

Last edited:

It made no sense to trade a guy who doesn't really impact the game and whose stats are empty..........from a 4-4 team

Only in the world of Mpls

Yep, Shiela saved the Lions ... when she hired Bob Quinn and Matt Patricia.

She knows what she's doing! :rolleyes:

Got lucky as hell with Holmes and Campbell. Good for the Lions.

This fake take would at least have some chance if they had been blown out in the NFC Championship.

But here in reality, this is so fake and pathetic.
Umm, actually wiki says Sheila Ford Hemp's first major move as Chairwoman was to Fire Quinn & Patricia.

Only was involved in their retention a year earlier, not their hiring.

The turning point seems to have been when she brought on Chris Speilman.

Top Bottom