All Things 2024 Minnesota Vikings Off-Season Thread

PED's, more than likely something he found to take to help him get over his ankle injury.

Apparently, there are LOTS of athletes that go to places like Germany to get drugs to help with injuries.

Playing NFL football is a physically demanding, sometimes brutally punishing job. Injuries are commonplace, to say the least. Competition for starting jobs, and even roster spots, is quite fierce. Against this backdrop the league issues edicts that punish players who choose to take drugs that help them recover more quickly from their injuries — injuries caused by playing NFL football.

Is it just me, or is this entire situation beyond weird?

I could see Denver emerging for Cousins. The new ownership has deeper pockets than just about anyone in the league, can guarantee (or put in escrow) huge money for long term contracts, and Sean Payton I don't imagine has a ton of patience to wait out a young developing QB. Wouldn't surprise me at all really. Those conversations will be had in Indianapolis next week, pretty sure of that.

I'm just not sure what Cousins' interest in Denver will be?
In that division, you need an elite QB to complete, now with the H & H boyz in SD joking the KC crew.

Playing NFL football is a physically demanding, sometimes brutally punishing job. Injuries are commonplace, to say the least. Competition for starting jobs, and even roster spots, is quite fierce. Against this backdrop the league issues edicts that punish players who choose to take drugs that help them recover more quickly from their injuries — injuries caused by playing NFL football.

Especially since weed is an effective pain management tool.

The history of why it was banned in the US is fascinating. Randolph William Hurst had a monopoly on mills producing paper for newspapers, which he also owned dozens of, and hemp was seen as a threat, as it can be used to make paper. He was a monopoly onto himself.

Here’s an excerpt from an article on it, there are several more; I became aware of this from a documentary (name I cannot recall) regarding the subject. Those “Captain’s of Industry” in that period were ruthless, by any reasonable measure.

Reefer madness​

Re-criminalizing marijuana is a decision that makes little sense unless we consider the motives. History can shed some light here.

Media mogul William Randolph Hearst supported the criminalization of marijuana, in part because Hearst’s paper-producing companies were being replaced by hemp. Likewise, DuPont’s investment in nylon was threatened by hemp products.

Anslinger’s tactics included racist accusations linking marijuana to Mexican immigrants. His campaign included stories of urban black men who enticed young white women to become sex-crazed and instantly addicted to marijuana.

The fact of the matter is like this:

there's actually nothing unhealthy about taking steroids, if you don't abuse them. If you're smart with how you cycle them, it's not going to cause long term effects.

The Soviets discovered them. And the Soviets were Communists.

That's it.

That's what we're talking about. That's why they were outlawed and a massive campaign to make the public think that taking them is cheating was waged.

Extrapolate over a few decades, and that's now why we have such policies against all "PED", for whichever molecules arbitrarily get added to the list.

The fact of the matter is like this:

there's actually nothing unhealthy about taking steroids, if you don't abuse them. If you're smart with how you cycle them, it's not going to cause long term effects.

The Soviets discovered them. And the Soviets were Communists.

That's it.

That's what we're talking about. That's why they were outlawed and a massive campaign to make the public think that taking them is cheating was waged.

Extrapolate over a few decades, and that's now why we have such policies against all "PED", for whichever molecules arbitrarily get added to the list.
That's easier said than done though. Many people can't help themselves. Once they see and feel it working they want more.

That's easier said than done though. Many people can't help themselves. Once they see and feel it working they want more.
Maybe?

As a professional athlete, I trust you to know what you can and can't handle as far as what you put in your body. That is your business.

Finally got around to reading the revealing article in The Athletic about the shitshow that was the NY Jets over the entire 2023 season. Not a good look for Joe Douglas, Saleh, and especially Hackett. Saleh is clueless, that's obvious, and Hackett should never be allowed to do anything but coach a position anywhere else.

Rodgers, Saleh, and How The Jets Season Fell Apart

Even if you're not a Jets fan, it's a pretty good read.

Finally got around to reading the revealing article in The Athletic about the shitshow that was the NY Jets over the entire 2023 season. Not a good look for Joe Douglas, Saleh, and especially Hackett. Saleh is clueless, that's obvious, and Hackett should never be allowed to do anything but coach a position anywhere else.

Rodgers, Saleh, and How The Jets Season Fell Apart

Even if you're not a Jets fan, it's a pretty good read.
As a ✈️ hater, I’ll enjoy this today - I just hope they detail the foibles of Woody Johnson, a horrible owner.

Interesting factoid, a WR drafted in Top 5, has never played for the team which drafted him in the SB.

C’mom on down Marvin Harrison Jr. @Phoenix Cards @Ogee Ogilthorpe

I’m done spamming this thread 😃

Last edited:

Interesting factoid, a WR drafted in Top 5, has never played for the real which drafted him in the SB.

I could have sworn Charles Rogers was on those Lions SB teams....oh wait.

Seriously, you can't talk about WR drafting and not mention the Lions. Back-to-back-to-back years. Just epic.

Capture33.JPG

Generally speaking, spending good money on a RB is a poor value, but considering the RB ineptitude last season, if the Vikes don't resign Cousins and go with a young/cheap QB, getting a tier-2 FA RB could be a good value considering the glut.

Jacobs, Barkley, Pollard, Ekeler, Henry, Swift, along with a ton of tier-3 guys should really drive down the price of a RB.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...hise-tags-unlikely-josh-jacobs-saquon-barkley

I could have sworn Charles Rogers was on those Lions SB teams....oh wait.

Seriously, you can't talk about WR drafting and not mention the Lions. Back-to-back-to-back years. Just epic.

View attachment 30297
I think that perfectly defines “long suffering.”

Was that per chance part of the fabeled🙄 Matt Milan era?

Interesting factoid, a WR drafted in Top 5, has never played for the team which drafted him in the SB.

While the Cardinals have one of the worst WR corp I've ever seen (I would jokingly say that they didn't have a WR over 5'-9 last season), I still struggle taking a WR that high. Shit, I've heard some teams like Malik Nabers as much or more than Harrison.

Would love for them to trade down, but you have to have a partner willing to trade up. This will be an entertaining first round this year, no doubt about.

Woody Johnson, a horrible owner.
Why? I know nothing about the Jets beyond what I saw on Hard Knocks this past season.

Meaning I saw an owner who went out and bought Aaron Rodgers, and has built them a beautiful new practice facility. Among other things.

Fill me in please

Why? I know nothing about the Jets beyond what I saw on Hard Knocks this past season.

Meaning I saw an owner who went out and bought Aaron Rodgers, and has built them a beautiful new practice facility. Among other things.

Fill me in please
This could morph into a political thread in short order. Probably just better off checking Johnson's wiki page.

Fill me in please

Fill me in pleaee.

I’m not going to write a thesis on this , but here are some “highlights.”

To wit -

QBs
Zach Wilson
Sam Darnold

While me may not have specifically drafted the first two, he hired the FOs who did
draft them..

The franchise currently holds the longest active playoff drought in the NFL and in all "Big 4" North American sports leagues, having yet to qualify for the playoffs since the 2010 season.[9]

Mike Tannebaum, who was arguably one of the worst Football GMs in modern history in his Jets tenure.

Here’s some of Magic Mikes wisdom, there are also specific threads about his Jets moves, but those deep into the Meadowlands.

Adam Gase 9-23 and the world’s most interesting introductory presser

There are a plethora of other articles as well.

Last edited:

Top Bottom