All Things 2024 Minnesota Vikings Off-Season Thread

Not being able to hire a competent GM over the course of multiple decades (failing to win a Conference Championship) in and of itself makes one a lousy owner.
Disagree. An owners job should be mainly to make sure the team has the things it needs to win and treats the players and staff well.

Wilfs are great examples of this.

Even though Kwesi is looking like a bust as GM.

I disagree slightly on Fields. He had the bears playing some pretty good football down the stretch. For much of the season they were using him wrong, trying to force him to be a pocket passer. In games where he had 10 or more rushes they were 4-2, with the two losses against KC and Detroit. He also has had zero run game in Chicago to help him out.

Yes, he has been underwhelming thus far , but I think he has potential to do well in Atlanta.
Works for me!

Build around Fields. You don’t want some old guy with a bum Achilles!

From what I gather, it's expected that not only will Cousins' fate with the Vikings be decided in the next few weeks well before the March 13 league date but that the Bears will also trade Fields before that date as well; apparently the thinking is his trade value will be higher BEFORE free agency begins because once teams start signing FA QB's, that will reduce the number of Fields suitors (which baffles me why there would be any).

I'd still be shocked if the Bears got a pick anywhere in the top 100 for Fields; Albert Breer today/yesterday said it could be like a 3rd and a 4th, but I doubt even that much
hes also going to be up for a contract extension soon. Its really risky for any team to give up much draft capital for fields

Disagree. An owners job should be mainly to make sure the team has the things it needs to win and treats the players and staff well.

Wilfs are great examples of this.

Even though Kwesi is looking like a bust as GM.
If Ownership provides "the things it needs to win and treats the players and staff well" but they ultimately don't win, then that's on the Owners inability to hire the right staff plain and simple. They suck then at the #1 thing they need to do.

Wilfs are great examples of lousy Owners.

By basic law of averages a franchise should win their Conference once every 16 years. The Wilfs have owned the Vikings for 19 seasons. Goose egg.

Minnesota fans are pretty used to it in this town.

but they ultimately don't win, then that's on the Owners inability to hire the right staff
Wilfs are great examples of lousy Owners.
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Lions owners must be the best in the business!!!

Neat that getting lucky as hell in the draft makes you an incredible owner.

Any other awful, fake takes?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Lions owners must be the best in the business!!!

Neat that getting lucky as hell in the draft makes you an incredible owner.

Any other awful, fake takes?
Uhh, by what I just laid out how you could you presume that the "Lions are the best in the business"?

That is so opposite of what I just spelled out as Detroit is O-fer the past half century+. Maybe the Lions got it right with their most recent President-GM-Coaching hire, but until they actually win the NFC, then the Fords are still in the "lousy" category. Hugely.

Maybe the Lions got it right with their most recent President-GM-Coaching hire, but until they actually win the NFC
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yep they didn’t have the game won.

What a silly fake take. Good to know I can dismiss it

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yep they didn’t have the game won.

What a silly fake take. Good to know I can dismiss it
They don't put up banners for blowing leads in the NFC Championship.

Not sure how anything I have said, is deemed "fake". Nor do they put up banners for building great locker rooms, practice facilities, providing great buffets and treating their staff/players nice.

Either you win or you don't.

Last edited:

You can say you enjoy whatever you want to claim that you do.

A fumble rolling out of bounds can never be considered a take away by the defense. “Rewarding” the defense for allowing the offense to march all the way down the field, and then getting extremely lucky, is pure bunk. It’s just logic.

It’s at least one thing if the defense actually caused the fumble.

But they literally didn’t touch the guy and the ball just slips out, or they’re just doing a normal tackle and guy reaches out to try to cross the plane and the ball comes out? Pure bunk.

Can’t wait for the rule to be corrected

Dan Patrick reported on yesterday's show that the effort to change the Fumble Out of the End Zone rule is not going to be changed this season. The effort is "dead".

Good.

hes also going to be up for a contract extension soon. Its really risky for any team to give up much draft capital for fields

This is what a lot of people are not seeing or don't know. You're trading for a guy on a 1-year contract. Who is going to give up any significant assets for a guy on a 1-yr deal that has performed like Fields?

This is what a lot of people are not seeing or don't know. You're trading for a guy on a 1-year contract. Who is going to give up any significant assets for a guy on a 1-yr deal that has performed like Fields?
As a 1st Rd Draft pick wouldn't whomever would acquire him have the ability to pick up a Team Option, making it potentially a 2 year deal?

Dan Patrick reported on yesterday's show that the effort to change the Fumble Out of the End Zone rule is not going to be changed this season.
If true, that is an objectively wrong decision.

A first round QB can be a dud. Happens a lot. Fields would be almost as good as that, potential wise, with more experience and you’d only be stuck with him one year if he crashes as opposed to four years (or trading). Or he does great and you give him a new contract.

Seems like a win unless you’re absolutely certain that the QB of your dreams will be there at your draft slot.

Equating this with greatness of ownership is fake. Especially with how much luck is involved, as you know.
I dismiss your definition of fake.

Any one year, sure luck is involved. Over the course of 25 seasons with Johnson and 19 with the Wilfs, it's more than luck. Problem starts at the top. They stink at the #1 thing I personally care about and the majority of any given fanbases. Winning.

They both have been able to somehow move in Muti-Billion dollar football palaces during their tenures which serve as wonderful TV studio for their product. And I don't give a rip about it.

Any one year, sure luck is involved. Over the course of 25 seasons with Johnson and 19 with the Wilfs, it's more than luck.
Tell me you know nothing about statistics without telling me

Problem starts at the top. They stink at the #1 thing I personally care about
They should choose to get lucky and hit on a good GM and a good HC, who in turn will get lucky and hit on draft picks and FA’s and who will hit on having the right players against the right matchups enough times.

You’re bunk.

Well no actually, you’re just coming off like a jaded, bitter asshole Vikings fan.

I dismiss your definition of fake.

Any one year, sure luck is involved. Over the course of 25 seasons with Johnson and 19 with the Wilfs, it's more than luck. Problem starts at the top. They stink at the #1 thing I personally care about and the majority of any given fanbases. Winning.

They both have been able to somehow move in Muti-Billion dollar football palaces during their tenures which serve as wonderful TV studio for their product. And I don't give a rip about it.
  • th

Tell me you know nothing about statistics without telling me
I have no idea what sort of cleverness you think you are trying to portray with this comment, twice now, and I don't care. Please feel free to not explain and try not to use yet a 3rd time.

They should choose to get lucky and hit on a good GM and a good HC, who in turn will get lucky and hit on draft picks and FA’s and who will hit on having the right players against the right matchups enough times.

You’re bunk.

Well no actually, you’re just coming off like a jaded, bitter asshole Vikings fan.

No they should choose to select Presidents-GMs-Coaches that identify and talent at a high enough level to win the NFC. But yeah, go ahead and think they are just 1 lucky break from breaking through.

Jaded, moi? Hmmmmm...wonder why. Closing in a 5 decades without a SB appearance. Only peers with a worse track record are the Jets, Lions & Browns. Wonderful company. The Dolphins are also within a decade of such failure.

In a results based point the Wilfs have failed. That's not arbitrary, it's a fact.

Irrefutable. 19 seasons. Squat.

As a 1st Rd Draft pick wouldn't whomever would acquire him have the ability to pick up a Team Option, making it potentially a 2 year deal?

Right, but who in the world is picking up that option based on the information they have right now? I think that 5th year option decision has to be made in the next month or so? Three years body of work, 38 NFL starts and 40 NFL games is more than enough sample size to make the call on what he's capable of for most of these teams.

I have no idea what sort of cleverness
This is apparent from your incorrect belief that “the law of averages” dictates that every NFL franchise who has not won their conference in the last 16 seasons is a failure. Pure bunk

No they should choose to select Presidents-GMs-Coaches that identify and talent at a high enough level to win the NFC.
Ah, of course. They should just choose to do that, instead of choosing to not do that.

Pretty incredible how they can take a guy who was defensive captain on the national champ team, defensive MVP in the natty, first team All SEC, knowing that he would fail.

Everyone knew that guy would fail. It was so obvious given his accolades! Who couldn’t see that?? And they chose to fail. Chose that. If only they would just listen to you, and choose to succeed!

Jaded, moi? Hmmmmm...wonder why. Closing in a 5 decades without a SB appearance.
Sure

In a results based point the Wilfs have failed.
Bunk. Fake.

Top two ownership in the league and proven so.

Right, but who in the world is picking up that option based on the information they have right now? I think that 5th year option decision has to be made in the next month or so? Three years body of work, 38 NFL starts and 40 NFL games is more than enough sample size to make the call on what he's capable of for most of these teams.

Granted, after looking into it, the 5th year option is more than I thought it was at $25.6 Million, but that is still pretty middling as far as Salary Cap hits for starting QBs.

It doesn't seem unreasonable for some team to pick it up, for a Team/Staff that has the hubris to think they can "coach him up".

Not that I think that that would be good decision though.

Drafting McCarthy at 11 is my biggest fear. I'm not a fan of him or Maye. Turner, Odunze and Bowers...hoping one of these guys fall.

This is apparent from your incorrect belief that “the law of averages” dictates that every NFL franchise who has not won their conference in the last 16 seasons is a failure. Pure bunk

Ah, of course. They should just choose to do that, instead of choosing to not do that.

Pretty incredible how they can take a guy who was defensive captain on the national champ team, defensive MVP in the natty, first team All SEC, knowing that he would fail.

Everyone knew that guy would fail. It was so obvious given his accolades! Who couldn’t see that?? And they chose to fail. Chose that. If only they would just listen to you, and choose to succeed!

Sure

Bunk. Fake.

Top two ownership in the league and proven so.

It's nice that you have added "bunk" to your additional repertoire of crutches such as "fake" & "clickbait".

Wore him down.

I believe I’m correct. You believe something else. Another day on GH.

Moving on

I have no idea what sort of cleverness you think you are trying to portray with this comment, twice now, and I don't care. Please feel free to not explain and try not to use yet a 3rd time.
I wish I could have bet on you feeling need to use additional words to expound further. That was a statistical certainty.

If he disagrees, it's "fake".
Not at all.

There are plenty of positions that I don’t agree with that are logical and well reasoned and thus not fake.

Those aren’t often employed on GH though.

I think posters get more personal satisfaction ranting about things driven by their emotions, and so not at all well reasoned. Thus fake

Not at all.

There are plenty of positions that I don’t agree with that are logical and well reasoned and thus not fake.

I think posters get more personal satisfaction ranting about things driven by their emotions, and so not at all well reasoned. Thus fake
God, you're a goof! Add another who chooses to ignore you.

Not at all.

Jordan Addison being drafted by the Vikings comes to mind.

Top Bottom