All Things 2024 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

It’s June and Royce Lewis still has a perfect 1.000 OBP.

I see they are playing the yankees.

LMAO

LMAO

LMAO

LMAO

Is there a reason Vazquez is playing after a day off vs Jeffers. If you are gonna keep Miranda and Larnach on the team who are both gonna play DH then Jeffers needs to catch. There is no reason for Vazquez to play more than once per week and preferably the old day game after night game.

You’d think eventually they’d get tired of being the Yankees bitch. They’re not even remotely competitive at the plate against them.

Despite giving up a home run to the first batter he faced, 19-year-old Bert Blyleven earned the win in his major league debut versus the Ted Williams-managed Senators in the nation's capital on this date in 1970.

the Yankees are 43-19 - tied with the Phillies for the best record in MLB. that (.694) winning percentage works out to 112-50 for a full season.

MLB record for most wins in a single season:
1906 Cubs 116-36 (.763) Tinker to Evers to Chance......
2001 Seattle 116-46 (.716)
1998 Yankees 114-48 (.704)
1954 Indians 111-43 (.721)
2022 Dodgers 111-51 (.685)

so the Yankees are on pace to put up the 4th best season of all time for wins, and the 7th best season of all time for winning percentage (1909 Pirates were (.724) and 1927 Yankees were (.714) (note - AL went from 154 game season to 162 in 1961. the NL followed in 1962)
-------
and this:
Twins are 0-12 vs Yankees, Baltimore and Cleveland
against everyone else: 33-15 (.685)

You’d think eventually they’d get tired of being the Yankees bitch. They’re not even remotely competitive at the plate against them.
Watched the highlights on MLB channel this morning and A homer which Kepler might have caught and Judge’s chaulk right field double, it doesn’t appear they were tattooing the ball all over the yard. Buck up!

We’ll bounce back tonight and I’m not just saying that since the game is on Prime and I can watch said W.

Edit: or maybe I’m a complete cockeyed optimist.

Last edited:

Watched the highlights on MLB channel this morning and A homer which Kepler might have caught and Judge’s chaulk right field double, it doesn’t appear they were tattooing the ball all over the yard. Buck up!

We’ll bounce back tonight and I’m not just saying that since the game is on Prime snd I can watch said W.
Yes, Ober pitched well enough to win. The offense just can't do anything against the Yankees this year. Two runs in four games and 32 innings straight without scoring a run against them before Lewis' HR last night.

Yes, Ober pitched well enough to win. The offense just can't do anything against the Yankees this year. Two runs in four games and 32 innings straight without scoring a run against them before Lewis' HR last night.
In defense of their ineptitude last evening, Gil has a 0.60 ERA in his past seven starts; so flailing last night is understandable from my perspective. He’s an All Star and would be in the conversation for Cy Young.
And for those that don’t remember, Gil hadn’t even played a game in the US when he was traded. He was not considered a top 30 prospect in the organization and was very raw at the time.
I agree 💯 with your point above, I was just having fun with Caveman. We were similarly fortuitous when we acquired Duran as he was a throw in IIRC in the trade with Phoenix.

Additionally, Gil may not have developed in our system as did with the Yanks - the Big Papi Rule. Love the one you’re with, not the one you’re no longer holding

In defense of their ineptitude last evening, Gil has a 0.60 ERA in his past seven starts; so flailing last night is understandable from my perspective. He’s an All Star and would be in the conversation for Cy Young.

I agree 💯 with your point above, I was just having fun with Caveman. We were similarly fortuitous when we acquired Duran as he was a throw in IIRC in the trade with Phoenix.

Additionally, Gil may not have developed in our system as did with the Yanks - the Big Papi Rule. Love the one you’re with, not the one you’re no longer holding
The post about Gil wasn't necessarily directed at your specifically. I've seen some people (not as much here but more on social media) hint that it was a bad trade. Hindsight is 20/20. Once in awhile you're going to trade away a lower end prospect that ends up developing well. Good for Gil and the Yankees, it looks like he's going to be very good.

My point really is that at the time, a guy like Cave is all you would get in return for a prospect like Gil.

The post about Gil wasn't necessarily directed at your specifically. I've seen some people (not as much here but more on social media) hint that it was a bad trade. Hindsight is 20/20. Once in awhile you're going to trade away a lower end prospect that ends up developing well. Good for Gil and the Yankees, it looks like he's going to be very good.

My point really is that at the time, a guy like Cave is all you would get in return for a prospect like Gil.
I didn’t take it personally 😃 and understand and agree with your point; I’m sane 🤔, most of the time🤞

Last edited:

Pretty disheartening to hear Plouffe say, "They look like they don't think they can beat them right now."

it seems like the Twins give up a lot of runs in the 1st inning.

I just looked it up - they are tied for 10th place in most runs given up in the 1st inning this season. not the worst in MLB but in the lower 1/3 of the league. I can't find a breakdown by pitcher - yet.

Twins getting no hit by the New York Yankees. What new.

I would love to see the Yankees and twins switch rosters for just this series. Would the results be different if the players in the clothes were different? I assume the answer would be yes, but it would be a great experiment cause these games are not even competitive anymore.

Baseball is a sport where almost every team enters with a 1/3 chance to win a given game. To have absolutely zero chance from the first pitch game after game against one team is just so pathetic.

Christian Vazquez (122) Mauel Margo (122) and Kyle Farmer (106): 350 plate appearances: 2 HR's

Royce Lewis: 9 PA's, 3 HR.

But don't worry to the 3 vets, Rocco will keep running you out there 3-4 times/week anyway.

Top Bottom