All Things 2024 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

They don’t play good defense though. Kyle Farmer is batting .163 with an OPS of .513. That’s absolute awful, but the twins are just not gonna eat $6 million on him when they can send down someone with options. I worry Castro gets exposed by playing too much. Honestly I would rather see Larnach or Kiriloff go down over Julien. Julien was you opening day second baseman and you traded your longtime second baseman in Polonco to give him second base. There is no reason to not keep him up here right now.
Castro is already playing everyday. If he’s gonna get exposed, it would have already happened. Larnach is one of our best hitters. Kirilloff maybe but I’m guessing they like him to play some 1B. Farmer is better defensively and only gets a handful of at-bats a week. Keeping Julien up means he only gets a handful of at-bats and that’s not good for his development. Castro gives the team the best chance to win right now.

I don’t think it’s a big deal either way. Julien probably won’t be down for long.

They don’t play good defense though. Kyle Farmer is batting .163 with an OPS of .513. That’s absolute awful, but the twins are just not gonna eat $6 million on him when they can send down someone with options. I worry Castro gets exposed by playing too much. Honestly I would rather see Larnach or Kiriloff go down over Julien. Julien was you opening day second baseman and you traded your longtime second baseman in Polonco to give him second base. There is no reason to not keep him up here right now.
I’m much more worried about losing Larnach’s .270 avg/.803 OPS than Willi’s D; you were wrong about Free last year and you’re wrong about him now. AK is finally heathy for a regular season and they need to find out if he’s the real deal or not, as a contributor at the MLB.

Frick I could whiff Edwardo on a deuce at 58; the ball spins and he freezes. Eddie needs ABs everyday, but not where he’s striking out at a Miggy rate and is an easy out at .207.

Unfortunately now, I had a ruff winter/spring health wise and there’s not a day game in the bunch. Night games aren’t feasible now.

Are you going to get to see Skenes twirl?
I believe so. We’re going to the Saturday and Sunday games, and I think Skenes is scheduled for Sunday, against Ober.

I believe so. We’re going to the Saturday and Sunday games, and I think Skenes is scheduled for Sunday, against Ober.

Mmm, that sounds perfect .

Have fun!

Look forward to your live reports📢
I just checked the Pirates schedule and it looks like Skenes may be pitching Wednesday so the Twins might miss Skenes all weekend.

As the Minnesota Twins prepare for the return of Royce Lewis from injury, Edouard Julien is set to be the odd man out, facing a demotion to Triple-A. So, what is the fallout from the controversial decision?

I liked how Provus took time to explain and walk through how you can watch the game on Roku tomorrow.
I still expect a profanity-filled phone call from my father at about 12:06 tomorrow about not being able to figure it out, but he should at least be pointing in the right direction before I have to step in.
We were completely befuddled yesterday in the bar at my golf club. After 5 of us tried over 15 minutes we turned on the Canadian Open instead.

can't remember where I saw this, but I saw a tweet that Julien was 6 for 40 in his most recent stretch of games. that is a .150 batting average. in his last 103 plate appearances, he has 3 extra-base hits. his last HR was April 26. and he's on pace to set some kind of galactic record for striking out looking.

also - Margot is hitting .278 with a .714 OPS against left-handed pitching, and he's been much better lately. versus a left-handed starter, Margot's numbers have a .346 batting average with an .828 OPS. of course, vs a right-handed starter, he's hitting .086 with a .288 OPS....)

can't remember where I saw this, but I saw a tweet that Julien was 6 for 40 in his most recent stretch of games. that is a .150 batting average. in his last 103 plate appearances, he has 3 extra-base hits. his last HR was April 26. and he's on pace to set some kind of galactic record for striking out looking.

also - Margot is hitting .278 with a .714 OPS against left-handed pitching, and he's been much better lately. versus a left-handed starter, Margot's numbers have a .346 batting average with an .828 OPS. of course, vs a right-handed starter, he's hitting .086 with a .288 OPS....)
Galactic 😃🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Even the Romulans don’t take that many called strikes 🤓

As the Minnesota Twins prepare for the return of Royce Lewis from injury, Edouard Julien is set to be the odd man out, facing a demotion to Triple-A. So, what is the fallout from the controversial decision?

I think too many people are acting like this means Julien is done with the Twins for the year. He'll likely be back up pretty quickly.

The Twins are currently 7 games over .500, they didn’t reach that level until September 5, last season.

9. Twins (previously: 9).
Season high: 8 | Season low: 23
The Twins have gotten a little overlooked in the wake of the fantastic starts by both the Guardians and the Royals, but they shouldn’t. They’ve won four straight series and are now seven games over .500. Last season, when they led the AL Central for almost the entire season, they weren’t seven games over .500 until Sept. 5.

Last edited:

Great series win today. Sending Julien down to make way for Lewis is dumb. If the twins are gonna turn their offense around it’s gonna be because Julien starts hitting anot not because Margot, Castro, or Farmer do. The twins unwillingness to eat bad contracts on super old very average veterans is something. Margot provides so little in both offense and defense I just don’t understand. Tell him to pack his bags and move on. A future platoon of Castro and Farmer is not good.

Julien is struggling, but Margot should have been the one to go. He's not needed as long as Buxton is playing and he provides nothing that Austin Martin doesn't when Buxton is out. Miranda should become the primary DH with Larnach, Buxton and Kepler in the OF. Your "platoon" can be Castro LF, Farmer 2B and Santana playing 1B. The world won't end if Kepler or Larnach take some AB's against lefties.

Julien is struggling, but Margot should have been the one to go. He's not needed as long as Buxton is playing and he provides nothing that Austin Martin doesn't when Buxton is out. Miranda should become the primary DH with Larnach, Buxton and Kepler in the OF. Your "platoon" can be Castro LF, Farmer 2B and Santana playing 1B. The world won't end if Kepler or Larnach take some AB's against lefties.
That's where you're wrong. Falvine and Rocco's heads would all simultaneously explode, causing a shock wave through the atmosphere, resulting in a black hole that immediately consumes Earth. So yes, the world would end.

We were completely befuddled yesterday in the bar at my golf club. After 5 of us tried over 15 minutes we turned on the Canadian Open instead.
I thought it was awesome. It's the only way I get to watch them on TV. Other than the incredibly awkward Reggie Jackson interview, it was great.

I think too many people are acting like this means Julien is done with the Twins for the year. He'll likely be back up pretty quickly.

I'm not sure. Wallner has played 40 games now in Triple-A and there is nothing to indicate that he is coming back any time soon. Of course, Wallner is also hitting .200 with an OPS of .737 - 30 H in 150 AB. still some power - 7-2B, 1-3B and 9-HR.

but the point - if Julien doesn't address his issues with making contact and taking too many close pitches, he won't be coming back either. Sure, if Julien goes down to AAA and shows that he can made adjustments, he has a path to return. but it's on him to make those adjustments - same as with Wallner. at this point, we just don't know if Julien can be an everyday MLB player or if he's going to turn out to be a flash in the pan.

but I guess there's always hope. Aaron Sabato is hitting .311 with an OPS of .851 at Wichita, and a lot of people had given up on him as a lost cause.

He may end up getting traded anyway, as Brooks Lee will need a spot eventually.

He’ll either adjust and grow or he won’t; it’s not the end of the world, if it doesn’t happen.

Last edited:

Eddie Rosario hit three home runs, including a two-run walk-off, on this date in 2018, becoming the first player in Twins history with TWO three-home run games.

Seeing as we haven't had a game last night to talk about, how about a former Twins update for the day:

Sonny Gray, 7-3, 57.1IP, 3.00 ERA, 1.053 WHIP, 12.2 SO/9 (by far a career high SO/9 if he were to maintain)
Jose Berrios, 5-4, 74.1IP (incl. 1 CG), 2.78 ERA, 1.076 WHIP, 7.0 SO/9 (a career low SO9 if he were to maintain)

It's barely June and Jose already has 74IP, which in this day and age in baseball is pretty impressive. Meanwhile Sonny is slinging K's.

And your position player former Twin update for the day:

Luis Arraez started out slow this season before getting traded. In 110 AB's since joining the Dads, he's hitting .391 with an OBP of .414. Overall, he's leading all of the majors in AB's, Hits, and Average with 247 AB, 84 H, .340 Avg.

Interesting - AL Central Standings 1 Year Ago courtesy Baseball Reference:

TmWLW-L%GBRSRApythW-L%
MIN3128.525--266220.586
DET2630.4643.5205265.385
CLE2632.4484.5210242.435
CHW2535.4176.5256307.418
KCR1741.29313.5227304.369

and Current, every team is better except for the South Siders in terms of W-L Record:

TmWLW-L%GBRSRApythW-L%
CLE3920.661--298220.635
KCR3625.5904.0297223.628
MIN3326.5596.0260254.511
DET3030.5009.5256253.505
CHW1545.25024.5172310.254

Also of note, while the Twins record is better, their Run Scoring differential is dramatically down (+ 46 in 2023 while only + 6 this season).

Just a reminder that tonight Twins/Yankees game will also be available on TBS and it will be available in the Minneapolis/St Paul market. So we can watch it tonight.

Just a reminder that tonight Twins/Yankees game will also be available on TBS and it will be available in the Minneapolis/St Paul market. So we can watch it tonight.
It was blacked out locally last time they were on TBS...

Is that because it was a "Home" game? (I don't remember)
It's my understanding the national TBS/MLB Network games are always blacked out in the local markets to protect Bally's/YES's rights. I don't think home/road matters.

It's my understanding the national TBS/MLB Network games are always blacked out in the local markets to protect Bally's/YES's rights. I don't think home/road matters.
FWIW - just checked on YouTube and it’s blacked out here and YouTube doesn’t carry YES.

That really not true. There is a thing call coexist. That means TBS or FS1 or what ever can coexist up to i believe 3 time with local broadcast. not sure what the number is right now. But TBS games are not always blackout in local markets. Reason why tonight game is a coexist is i got that info from the Twins schedule page. Which does not list TBS as blackout. It did the last time. TBS contract with MLB allows 1 coincide per team and they using it on tonight Twins game.

Last edited:

If tonight's Yankees' starter seems familiar, that's because he's a former Twins farmhand. If you don't know who he was traded for, look it up and have yourself a chuckle.

If tonight's Yankees' starter seems familiar, that's because he's a former Twins farmhand. If you don't know who he was traded for, look it up and have yourself a chuckle.
Amazingly that trade was 6 years ago.

The gift which keeps giving IMG_4547.jpeg

Twins game is on. Even though we going to lose and lose big.

Top Bottom