All Things 2024 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

looking ahead - Twins' upcoming schedule (opponents winning percentage in parentheses)

3 gms at Pirates (.468)
3 gms home w/ Rockies (.355)
4 gms home w/Oakland (.391)
3 gms home w/Tampa Bay (.500)
3 gms at Oakland (.391)
3 gms at Arizona (.476)
3 gms at Seattle (.563)

16 of next 22 gms vs teams with below .500 records. only 3 gms vs teams with higher winning percentage than the Twins (.532).

2026, he's got another Arb-eligible year.
Thanks, 2019 must not have counted for a full year of MLB Service for Arráez.

Padres could flip him I suppose at the Trade Deadline if they are not in Wild Card contention. That seems unlikely at the moment as there is only 1 NL non-Division Leader above .500 (Braves).

There's talk of Jeffers in the All-Star game but not only is he slumping, but he's technically the Twins back-up catcher. Is he even on the ballot?

There's talk of Jeffers in the All-Star game but not only is he slumping, but he's technically the Twins back-up catcher. Is he even on the ballot?
Jeffers and Joe Ryan are probably the only real possibilities to make the All-Star team. I believe the team gets to decide who they put on the ballot at each position.

Thanks, 2019 must not have counted for a full year of MLB Service for Arráez.

Padres could flip him I suppose at the Trade Deadline if they are not in Wild Card contention. That seems unlikely at the moment as there is only 1 NL non-Division Leader above .500 (Braves).
On top of that, the Padres got the Marlins to pay for the majority of this year's salary, so they've got him for next to nothing this season. I'd say an extension is more likely than trying to flip him again.

Jeffers and Joe Ryan are probably the only real possibilities to make the All-Star team. I believe the team gets to decide who they put on the ballot at each position.
Baseball Reference lists Vazquez as the catcher and Jeffers as the DH based on most games played, but I assume you're right regarding the All-Star ballots. Either way, Jeffers won't get voted in and will have to get picked as a reserve.

Yay we can watch tonight Twins game online. it a Apple Tv+ game. Wonder who the announcers will be.

Baseball Reference lists Vazquez as the catcher and Jeffers as the DH based on most games played, but I assume you're right regarding the All-Star ballots. Either way, Jeffers won't get voted in and will have to get picked as a reserve.
Rutschman or Perez will be the starting C for the AL I'm guessing.

Jeffers still has a better OPS than Rutschman, even with his slump.

The Mighty Whities posted their 14 consecutive L breaking a 100 year old team record.

It can always be worse.

Enjoying the field mics, the yapping is entertaining - the umpiring not so much☹️

Last edited:

Kepler strikes out with bases loaded on a full count on a ball so far inside that it hits his leg.

Kepler strikes out on a ball that hits him in the leg.
Perfectly sums up how things are going.

I knew Stargell, I couldn't come up with the other one. I kept going to Dave Parker, but knew it wasn't him because it'd been a heck of a story if teammates split the MVP (Parker did win the 78 MVP though).
The only reason I remembered Keith is watching Mets games over the years (my NY team) because that accolade came up every series 🤠

Can’t watch. Has the ump been bad?
C- in my book. Will be interesting to see how your ump website grades him. The assistant hitting coach got tossed for calling him a MFer.

Not scoring with one out and sacks full in the fifth stunk and Buck running into an out screws us in the sixth. Sloppy ball, 1-7 with RISP through 6.

Last edited:

Joe Ryan gave the team what it needed on the mound. Unfortunately he's going to get saddled with the loss if the offense doesn't step up.

Nope. No offense. It wasn't fun to watch, but at least it was over quickly.

Last edited:

Aaron Gleeman is on a Twitter barrage pointing out all of the negative statistics he can find. I am NOT saying that a beat writer needs to be positive all the time, but this guy seems as if he prefers to emphasize the negative stats as opposed to trying to find reasons why these things are happening.

but, in all fairness, a couple of these things are interesting.

Kepler: started season 1-20; came back from IL and hit .374 for a month; now in a 5-43 (.116) stretch.

Kirilloff: was hitting .444 on April 3. since then hitting .183 in 48 games.

Jeffers is hitting .125 in his last 20 games. Vazquez hitting .158 in that stretch.

Twins starters have a 4.70 ERA. only AL teams higher are Whiteys and Oakland. Starters have allowed 57 HR - most in MLB. Ryan and SWR have a combined 3.21 ERA in 22 starts. all other starters with 5.53 ERA in 41 starts.

and....Every player who was involved in the Twins-Seattle trade is currently on the IL. (Mariners put Jorge Polanco on the IL with a .195 batting avg)

Aaron Gleeman is on a Twitter barrage pointing out all of the negative statistics he can find. I am NOT saying that a beat writer needs to be positive all the time, but this guy seems as if he prefers to emphasize the negative stats as opposed to trying to find reasons why these things are happening.

but, in all fairness, a couple of these things are interesting.

Kepler: started season 1-20; came back from IL and hit .374 for a month; now in a 5-43 (.116) stretch.

Kirilloff: was hitting .444 on April 3. since then hitting .183 in 48 games.

Jeffers is hitting .125 in his last 20 games. Vazquez hitting .158 in that stretch.

Twins starters have a 4.70 ERA. only AL teams higher are Whiteys and Oakland. Starters have allowed 57 HR - most in MLB. Ryan and SWR have a combined 3.21 ERA in 22 starts. all other starters with 5.53 ERA in 41 starts.

and....Every player who was involved in the Twins-Seattle trade is currently on the IL. (Mariners put Jorge Polanco on the IL with a .195 batting avg)
Not sure who was calling the game on Apple TV last night, i thought they did a good job and had mics so you can hear the field yapping.

As the former player noted, there’s only two types of players in the Bigs -

Those that have been humbled
Those that are waiting to be humbled

Baseball is a temptress in a teapot.

C- in my book. Will be interesting to see how your ump website grades him. The assistant hitting coach got tossed for calling him a MFer.

Not scoring with one out and sacks full in the fifth stunk and Buck running into an out screws us in the sixth. Sloppy ball, 1-7 with RISP through 6.

SWR looking fine as F.

40strikes from 58 pitches through 4 innings.

Come on offense, pull your head out of your backside and provide some support 💪

Another long stretch without scoring. 18 innings and going. It’s like their cycles sync. They’re all awful at the same time.

Royce with a gem at third; fortunately for bud he’s a “very adequate” third sacker.

Top Bottom