All Things 2024 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

No thanks, he's been terrible ever since we traded for him.

Jorge Lopez was so good for that stretch with Baltimore in 2022 after they put him in the bullpen.
1.68 ERA - 44 appearances - 19 saves - 54K with 17 BB in 48 IP - 234 ERA+

but with the Twins:
4.37 ERA - 23 appearances - 4 saves - 18K - 14 BB in 22 IP - 90 ERA+

he struggled in 2023 with the Twins, Miami and Baltimore. actually was pitching a little better this season until the latest blowup.

relief pitchers are a weird breed. the really consistent ones are rare. more often you see guys have a couple of good years then go to shite.

Gotcha. I have seen people on Twitter suggest it.

The Mets are a mess.

Yes, they are perpetually stuck.

Will be interesting to see who they move at the trading deadline; I wouldn’t be shocked if Polar 🐻 Pete is jettisoned, as he’ll be looking for beaucoup bucks in the offseason when he’s a FA.

Yes, they are perpetually stuck.

Will be interesting to see who they move at the trading deadline; I wouldn’t be shocked if Polar 🐻 Pete is jettisoned, as he’ll be looking for beaucoup bucks in the offseason when he’s a FA.
Alonso will almost certainly get traded at the deadline.

I can't watch the game but the gamecast says Duran is throwing 93 mph splitters. That can't be accurate?

That's not good. He averaged 98 last year I believe.

I think you’re right, but I believe he’s throwing his curveball softer now to, I think it was high 80s last year, 85/86 to Witt.

I wonder if he’s trying to get more of a difference in pitch speed between them?

He’s still missing high on his fastball and it looks like he’s not pulling through enough. I think he’ll be okay, but needs to be sharper. Jax toyed with Witt and looked as impressive as Alcala.

Twins now 10-4 in one run games.

Twins gotta take advantage of the June schedule. Only the Yankees and Mariners are above .500 right now. Games against Pittsburgh, Oakland, Colorado and Arizona.

saw a tweet from Aaron Gleeman.

Twins started the season going 7-13. since then they are 24-12, which is the best record in the AL during that time period.

they're still a streaky group. Don't want to put too much pressure on Royce Lewis, but having that bat back in the lineup will hopefully help.

Twins started the season going 7-13. since then they are 24-12, which is the best record in the AL during that time period.

they're still a streaky group. Don't want to put too much pressure on Royce Lewis, but having that bat back in the lineup will hopefully help.
And that's with a 7 game losing streak mixed in there.

31-14 in games against opponents other than Cleveland, NYY, or Baltimore.

The Twins are striking out about 8.5 times a game which is 13th in MLB. Last year it was 10.2.

But it has not resulted in more runs scored. 4.4 compared to 4.8 last year. Team OPS is way down as well. Historically runs increase in the summer as the weather warms up so still could see some changes there.

The Twins are striking out about 8.5 times a game which is 13th in MLB. Last year it was 10.2.

But it has not resulted in more runs scored. 4.4 compared to 4.8 last year. Team OPS is way down as well. Historically runs increase in the summer as the weather warms up so still could see some changes there.

looking at overall averages for all MLB teams -
runs scored per game: 2024 - 4.31 / 2023 - 4.62
OPS - 2024 - .697 / 2023 - .734
batting avg: 2024 - .240 / 2023 - .248
HR per gm: 2024 - 1.03 / 2023 - 1.21

hitting is down league-wide across the board. there is not a single offensive stat that is higher this season compared to last season. I guess if you want a positive, strikeouts per game are down as well - from 8.61 in 2023 to 8.39 in 2024.
so players are striking out at a lower rate, but it is not contributing to more hits, extra-base hits or runs scored. maybe the pitchers are just better....or maybe the hitting philosophies being taught are flawed.

Playing a good, clean game thus far (through Larnach’s homer).

Taking such good ABs with a good approach now, feels like a definite improvement from last season.

Playing a good, clean game thus far (through Larnach’s homer).

Taking such good ABs with a good approach now, feels like a definite improvement from last season.

Pablo looking like an ace tonight, against the team with the highest BA, yielding only 1 R/ER, 6 hits, 6 Ks and only 1 walk in 7 innings, with 18 first pitch strikes to the 28 batters he faced 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

Last edited:

Top Bottom