All Things 2024 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

The Guardians are simply the better squad.

You can’t let the guy hitting.229 with 2 HRs prior to that AB beat you, But you can’t also go 2-9 in RISP and expect to beat a quality team either.

Last edited:

See you guys for the playoffs if that happens ot next season - I’m tapping out for the rest of the regular season.

9-18 now in last 27 games. 0.333 is not going to get it done. I keep thinking we'll snap out of it. Just hard to believe we could actually blow this.

Last edited:

9-18 now in last 27 games. 0.333 is not going to get it done. I keep thinking we'll snap out of it. Just hard to believe we could actually blow this.
Not really. It’s Minnesota pro sports. I’m immune to it

Tigers win over the Royals. Twins wild card lead down to game and half over the Tigers. Are we going to blow this 3rd wild card lead.

Yes, it's disappointing. But......

unless you are betting on the team and losing money, it's not the end of the world.

If the Twins lose, that does not make you a lesser person - it does not or should not diminish your quality of life - it does not or should not cause you to suffer a loss of self-esteem.

it's just a bleeping game. it's entertainment - no more and no less.

a bad ball game is like a bad movie or TV show - it's a couple of hours out of your life. the average human life includes roughly 690,500 hours more or less - so the duration of a ball game amounts to roughly 0.0003% of your expected life.

and yet I see people ranting and raving on Twitter and the internet like this is some great tragedy of our times.

my suggestion - if watching/listening to the Twins upsets you that much, don't watch. don't listen. read a book. take a walk. go for a drive. listen to some music. bake some cookies. have a drink. smoke a joint. take some edibles. do a crossword puzzle. Life goes on.

Bailing on the Rocco/Falvine train?
Not at all; I just need a mental health break, it refreshes the soul, grasshopper.

If both Correra and Buck don’t miss most of the second half, we’re way ahead at this point - we have a small margin of error, so we’re not.

I will be bullish on The Twins next season to get to the divisional round of the playoffs, at least, as we have assets to plug some holes. If we don’t make it that far, then a change is merited with Rocco.

I used to be the easily one of the most impatient people you’d ever met, a prick to some and a person who got shite done to others. Patience had no resonance in my life, it doesn’t for many until a certain age, and now it’s my best friend.

The Twins may never make another WS, but I was at game six in ‘87 - not as much as some, but more than most - so it’s Saul Good, man🥳.

Arvoir.

Ruesse is speculating that Correa has played his last game this season and that it's his ankle that's the problem, not plantar fasciitis.

Good outing by Zebby tonight. Looked like a big-league pitcher. And a brilliant 1-batter outing by the new lefty in the bullpen.......(there are things I was just not meant to understand)

Two questions to be answered: Can they hold a 3 run lead and is Royce Lewis going to put Buxton's IL stints to shame (Lewis somehow hurt his hand on a check swing)

Asking Duran to go 2 innings reeks of desperation.

I don't disagree with it though. Twins. Desperate.

Bullpen trying to blow this one. Jax is now in with 2 on and 1 out. He and Duran for sure won't be available tomorrow evening.

Edited: Twins win.

Top Bottom