All Things 2024 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Not sure walking the guy in front of DeLa Cruz was smart. The pitching will get all the blame, but the offense has 1 run on 2 hits and has been all to absent for the last 3 weeks.
No doubt, they should have been better offensively.
But the bullpen has now allowed 44% of inherited runners to score. That's good for the 4th worst mark in MLB history.

No doubt, they should have been better offensively.
But the bullpen has now allowed 44% of inherited runners to score. That's good for the 4th worst mark in MLB history.
Even more reason to score more runs. Can’t expect to win game 4-3 with a quality start from your starter and shutdown 2-3 inning from your bullpen.

The AL Central was the butt of jokes for years for futility. And now there is a very real chance that the Central gets 3 teams in the playoffs .
And the Twins might not be one of the three.

The AL Central was the butt of jokes for years for futility. And now there is a very real chance that the Central gets 3 teams in the playoffs .
And the Twins might not be one of the three.
If the Central gets 3 teams in, the 2 Wild Cards can certainly thank the White Sox for being so abysmal.

on Alcala -

Innings pitched majors + minors per season:
2021 - 59.2 IP - ERA+ 109
2022 - 3.1 IP
2023 - 27.3 IP - ERA+ 71
2024 - 61.1 IP - ERA+ 117

Alcala was having by far his best season in the majors until this recent run. looks like he's just hit the wall with his most usage coming off two years of arm issues and limited usage.

last 5 outings - 4.2 IP - 6H - 4ER - 2HR - 1BB - 4 K (3 K in 1 outing - 1 K in other 4 outings)

The central might end up with 4 out of 5 teams above .500 and still be below .500 overall as a division by a lot.

Saw somewhere the Twins relievers have allowed 44% of inherited runs to score. Not only is that the worst this season it would be the 4th worst all time.

I really thought the bullpen would be a strength. Duran and Thielbar have been bad at times and Stewart and Topa have been hurt. Now Alcala needs to be a top guy and he’s terrible.

Correra is officially back and Kiersty back to the state capitol.

In mu unrealistic fantasies, we click and go on an epic run to finish the season and get the first wildcard.

Last edited:

Saw somewhere the Twins relievers have allowed 44% of inherited runs to score. Not only is that the worst this season it would be the 4th worst all time.

I really thought the bullpen would be a strength. Duran and Thielbar have been bad at times and Stewart and Topa have been hurt. Now Alcala needs to be a top guy and he’s terrible.
Everyone thought so😃. IIRC, we were ranked with the fourth best entering the season. I think Duran needs to work on his conditioning and drop ~10 lbs.

I think we’ll be okay, as Varland and Sands can fill Alcala’s role and Ronnie and He can take theirs.

Also, some Billy Ocean always helps-

Correra is officially back and Kiersty back to the state capitol.

In mu unrealistic fantasies, we click and go on an epic run to finish the season and get the first wildcard.
Both Martin and Kiersey down means a lot of Manny Margot in CF. Ugh.

Yeah. Martin is much more useful as a bench player than Margot though. Or they could have sent Julien or Lee down as they likely won't play much now.
I don't disagree. I expected Julien to be the first guy sent down when Correa got back, but Kepler threw a monkey wrench in things.

I’ll trade the twins my Joe Ryan baseball. I could use some help with a landscaping project and both of them could be helpful.

Everyone thought so😃. IIRC, we were ranked with the fourth best entering the season. I think Duran needs to work on his conditioning and drop ~10 lbs.

I think we’ll be okay, as Varland and Sands can fill Alcala’s role and Ronnie and He can take theirs.

Also, some Billy Ocean always helps-

Varland’s ERA is now a svelte 8.57; brilliant comment about him above.

Top Bottom