All Things 2024 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

I'm at the game today and surprised by the mild attendance, lows 20s I think. More than half cheering for the Red Birds.

Did you or a family member score a TC squishy 🐻?
No, literally a last minute decision. Got in as the Anthem was being wrapped up.

I think it is the first Sunday afternoon game for me ever in this joint. Thankfully now overcast or it would be stifling.

No, literally a last minute decision. Got in as the Anthem was being wrapped up.

I think it is the first Sunday afternoon game for me ever in this joint. Thankfully now overcast or it would be stifling.
It was

A good crisp, clean game and now looking like a winner - you picked a good one 😃

Before this post.

Last edited:

Kyle farmer should never pitch hit for Wallner is the other team has a righty ready in the pen. That move basically gave the Cardinals an out.

Kyle farmer should never pitch hit for Wallner is the other team has a righty ready in the pen. That move basically gave the Cardinals an out.
Agreed. It makes no sense to do it when you know the other team will bring in a righty. If Wallner had been one of the first three batters of the inning then I get it as they can’t bring in another pitcher.

Agreed. It makes no sense to do it when you know the other team will bring in a righty. If Wallner had been one of the first three batters of the inning then I get it as they can’t bring in another pitcher.
Plus you need a fly ball to score a run. I trust Wallner a lot more to do that than Farmer. Waller is one of the top 5 hitters in baseball. I know apart of that is he doesn’t face many lefties, but he should be given a chance there.

Edouard Julien is trying to cause us this game with that idiot throw that would have end the game. double play too.

It'd be one thing if it was a tough play, but that was about as routine of a ground ball as you're going to get.

Edouard Julien is trying to cause us this game with that idiot throw that would have end the game. double play too.
That’s what makes the Farmer pinch hit decision even dumber. Prevented them from being able to put Farmer in at 2B for the 9th.

Nothing in that inning should be blamed on Duran.
If you allow the ball to be put into play you don’t control the outcome anymore. I have no idea what his strike out % looks like this year vs last year but he’s giving up a lot more contact to my eye.

They just don't want to catch the Guardians I guess. Shoulda been a W UGH!

If you allow the ball to be put into play you don’t control the outcome anymore. I have no idea what his strike out % looks like this year vs last year but he’s giving up a lot more contact to my eye.
The contact they made in that inning was weak and he didn’t allow any earned runs. It was very bad luck.

That’s what makes the Farmer pinch hit decision even dumber. Prevented them from being able to put Farmer in at 2B for the 9th.
Farmer may very well have made the play on Arenado’s grounder that started the rally. Not to mention the grounder that Julien threw away. Having Farmer pinch hit was Rocco’s worst decision this season.

Farmer may very well have made the play on Arenado’s grounder that started the rally. Not to mention the grounder that Julien threw away. Having Farmer pinch hit was Rocco’s worst decision this season.

Rocco still could have put Farmer in at 2nd and inserted Kepler in Julien's lineup spot out in RF. Not sure if he thought Castro was more of a liability at SS.

The ball had a bad habit of finding Julien this afternoon. Earlier oléd a hot shot right at him. Misplayed the tough grounder in the hole to lead off the 9th then air mailed the double play ball into LF.

Bummer. Was there for the taking. Couldn't get a run across B7, runners at the corners with 1 out nor the insurance run B8.

The contact they made in that inning was weak and he didn’t allow any earned runs. It was very bad luck.
Contact is contact and the pitcher has no control after the ball is put in play. The guy that won the game was 0-3 with 2 K’s and batting under .240 for the season. He gave up a ground ball when a strike out ends the game.

Runs whether they are earned or unearned are still runs and the difference between losing and winning.

Rocco still could have put Farmer in at 2nd and inserted Kepler in Julien's lineup spot out in RF. Not sure if he thought Castro was more of a liability at SS.

The ball had a bad habit of finding Julien this afternoon. Earlier oléd a hot shot right at him. Misplayed the tough grounder in the hole to lead off the 9th then air mailed the double play ball into LF.

Bummer. Was there for the taking. Couldn't get a run across B7, runners at the corners with 1 out nor the insurance run B8.
If Kepler was available. I assume he wasn't.

Duran had two strikeouts in the 9th, Helsley didn’t have any. The difference is Helsley’s defense didn’t let him down.

Duran’s K% is down from 34% to 28% and his whiff rate is down a lot. He’s a very good pitcher, but he has his weakness. Also can’t think about him being used in a 6 run game yesterday for, to my opinion no real reason, had any impact on today. Yes he got ground balls, but you can get beat with ground balls.

Last edited:

Top Bottom