All Things 2024 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

I have done no research on this but it seems like the cardinal starter is much tougher in lefties than righties. Wonder is going with the all lefty lineup was a mistake. Of course they had lots of traffic but couldn’t get a hit to score a few runs and now here they are.

I have done no research on this but it seems like the cardinal starter is much tougher in lefties than righties. Wonder is going with the all lefty lineup was a mistake. Of course they had lots of traffic but couldn’t get a hit to score a few runs and now here they are.
At the very least, Larnach was a mistake, three strikeouts, each one punctuated by swinging at a ball in the dirt.

Danny Jansen will become the first player in history to play for both teams in the same game. In June a game between the Blue Jays and Red Sox was suspended due to rain. On Monday they'll complete the game. Jansen started the game for the Blue Jays but has since been traded to the Red Sox. The Red Sox confirmed they will have Jansen catch the completion of the game.

Baseball is so weird and I love it.

Made me think of Joel Youngblood:

Attachments

• IMG_0737.jpeg
    IMG_0737.jpeg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1

If they pull every starter not named Lopez and Ober in the 3rd/4th inning the rest of the way, this isn't going to work.

look - I don't like beating the "cheap Pohlads" drum - but in all fairness, if ownership told Falvey "you can go ahead and add to the payroll," then I believe they would have added someone of a higher caliber to the bullpen, at least.

did you see Sonny Gray's comments? he said the Twins told him after last season that they were not going to offer him as much money as other teams.

again, I don't want to whine about it. it is what it is. but Falvey is operating with restrictions on what he can do.

If it was me, I'd give Winder another shot, he looked more competent in his last outings. for a lefty, I don't like any of the options. I guess I'd go with Thielbar just based on experience - but going into the offseason, finding a better lefty relief option has to be the #1 priority - even if that means giving up some some prospects. I don't see any way Prielipp makes the majors next year. he's at least a year or two away - IF he every gets there.

look - I don't like beating the "cheap Pohlads" drum - but in all fairness, if ownership told Falvey "you can go ahead and add to the payroll," then I believe they would have added someone of a higher caliber to the bullpen, at least.

did you see Sonny Gray's comments? he said the Twins told him after last season that they were not going to offer him as much money as other teams.

again, I don't want to whine about it. it is what it is. but Falvey is operating with restrictions on what he can do.

If it was me, I'd give Winder another shot, he looked more competent in his last outings. for a lefty, I don't like any of the options. I guess I'd go with Thielbar just based on experience - but going into the offseason, finding a better lefty relief option has to be the #1 priority - even if that means giving up some some prospects. I don't see any way Prielipp makes the majors next year. he's at least a year or two away - IF he ever gets there.
Yes.

Additionally -

I don’t follow all the teams like everyone, however, I’d bet if you found a thread like this for other teams they’d have their own holes as well

BTW - The last time the Yankees played in the WS was 2009.

Larnach snaps out of his K streak with a 3 run bomb.

Edit:
Start a new streak, back to back dongs for Trevor.

Last edited:

Thanks Pablo - we needed this - it was a Masterpiece!

IMG_4835.jpeg

Last edited:

With some difficult position player choices coming up, at least Julien is doing his part to make it real easy to decide who gets sent down first.

Playoff Pablo Good -

López generated a season-best 21 swings-and-misses among the 96 pitches he threw. He improved to 6-2 with a 2.65 ERA and 74 strikeouts in 68 innings over his past 11 starts.

López relied on a fastball that touched a career-high 97.9 mph and averaged 96.4, up 1.6 mph from his season total (94.8 mph).

—————-

I’ll take Pablo and Ober as the equals of anyone else’s Top Two for AL playoff teams.

Beautiful. Lee, Buxton and Correa come back.
Who goes down?
You partially answered your question, right?

Julien, down, as he has options left for the season IIRC.

Farmer to the phantom IL. If there are more injuries, they can use him as a spar. Twins don’t like to cut veterans also, who they have a history with, based on their prior actions and the culture they curate for the clubhouse.

They’ll likely be a third spot open up due to another injury, by the time Correra’s ready; baseball math.

—————

Boston now 4.5 back for a wildcard; maybe their anticipated fading has commenced?

Last edited:

Top Bottom