All Things 2024 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Good news is the rest of the wild card competition is starting to fadeaway

Now a three game spread to Boston
TB & Seattle next closest at 6.5 games behind.
Yeah we still have 3 games in Boston right after a 4 game series in Cleveland.

Hell of a game so far today men. It’s funny before the Texas series if you had said they go 4-3 on the road trip I would have taken it on the spot. All of a sudden you win the first 3 in Texas and 4-3 on the roadtrip seems like a letdown.

Winning 4 of 7 is a .571 winning percentage. That is higher than the Twins current winning %, and equates to a 92-win season. So, nothing to scoff at.

Noticed on the crawl that BSN is promoting Saturday's game.
Of course that means that Apple TV has taken the Friday night game.

Julien learning that good things happen when you swing the bat.

Last edited:

Great stats on SWR’s outing, from Dan Hayes -

Working with a fastball that touched 97 mph and averaged 94, Woods Richardson generated 13 swings-and-misses in 101 pitches. He limited the Padres to three hits, one run and walked two.

I’m very comfortable with him pitching in the postseason; his ERA is now 3,69 in 122 innings😃

Working with a fastball that touched 97 mph and averaged 94, Woods Richardson generated 13 swings-and-misses in 101 pitches. He limited the Padres to three hits, one run and walked two.

I’m very comfortable with him pitching in the postseason; his ERA is now 3,69 in 122 innings😃
He keeps on surprising me--invariably when I've lost track of who's pitching on a particular night and the run count is low, I figure it must be a Lopez or Ober night, but more often than not it's been Woods Richardson. Where would this team be without him?

His numbers this year are pretty much on par or slightly better than Berrios who he was traded for. Then throw in Austin Martin.

The Twins won on Wednesday, so we're not seeing the Doom and Gloom posts today.

but if the Doom and Gloom crowd wants something to read, Aaron Gleeman is out with another cheery article in The Athletic ripping the Twins bullpen, and ripping Twins ownership and management for not doing something to improve the bullpen. he also talks about how the players who are filling in for Correa at SS are not producing as well as Correa did.

look, I'm not saying the Twins don't deserve some criticism, but when they do something well, that should also be pointed out. My point is that - IMHO - Gleeman is choosing to be negative. it is a choice - in terms of what you decide to write about and how you write about it.

He keeps on surprising me--invariably when I've lost track of who's pitching on a particular night and the run count is low, I figure it must be a Lopez or Ober night, but more often than not it's been Woods Richardson. Where would this team be without him?
We’d be battling the Tigers for last in the Central.

The Twins won on Wednesday, so we're not seeing the Doom and Gloom posts today.

but if the Doom and Gloom crowd wants something to read, Aaron Gleeman is out with another cheery article in The Athletic ripping the Twins bullpen, and ripping Twins ownership and management for not doing something to improve the bullpen. he also talks about how the players who are filling in for Correa at SS are not producing as well as Correa did.

look, I'm not saying the Twins don't deserve some criticism, but when they do something well, that should also be pointed out. My point is that - IMHO - Gleeman is choosing to be negative. it is a choice - in terms of what you decide to write about and how you write about it.
Look at where this organization was pre- Falvey and Lavine (and Rocco) and compare to where they are now, and people still want to rake those guys over the coals. It makes no sense to me. This was arguably the worst organization in baseball for most of the 2010's and now we apprear to have a perennial contender for the coming years. I almost feel bad for the people who want to be miserable like that.

On Correa, at some point don't you either play or do surgery and call it done for the season? I know he struggled playing through it last year but it's been over a month. It's not going to get much better at this point.

I think you mean 4th. The Twins could use there Double A rotation and be comfortably ahead of the Last Place (5th) White Sox.
Thanks for the correction - I did a cursory look to make sure I didn’t miss anyone, so naturally I did🤫

Look at where this organization was pre- Falvey and Lavine (and Rocco) and compare to where they are now, and people still want to rake those guys over the coals. It makes no sense to me. This was arguably the worst organization in baseball for most of the 2010's and now we apprear to have a perennial contender for the coming years. I almost feel bad for the people who want to be miserable like that.
The area they have struggled with is picking up or trading for relievers. Just haven't done well at all at that position.

But agree, overall, they've done a great job. The development and farm system is as good as anyone right now.

On Correa, at some point don't you either play or do surgery and call it done for the season? I know he struggled playing through it last year but it's been over a month. It's not going to get much better at this point.
I've heard multiple sources say surgery is not an option for Correa's foot issue. Only remedy is a natural tear.

I've heard multiple sources say surgery is not an option for Correa's foot issue. Only remedy is a natural tear.
It is sometimes I guess. I've heard Justin Herbert is considering surgery for it.

Cleveland down 5-0 already. They play 7 against KC in the next two weeks.

If I was betting I might give KC the best odds to win the division. They have the best pitching staff and the best player.
We'll find out in the next few weeks. Their next 20 games are against Philly (2nd best record in MLB), Cleveland (4th), Houston (11th), Minnesota (9th) and Yankees (3rd).

If I was betting I might give KC the best odds to win the division. They have the best pitching staff and the best player.
We'll find out in the next few weeks. Their next 20 games are against Philly (2nd best record in MLB), Cleveland (4th), Houston (11th), Minnesota (9th) and Yankees (3rd).
Of CLE, KC & MIN only the Guards have any games left with the White Sox (3 game series at New Comiskey). In a tight race, maybe it will come down to that.

Hopefully CLE & KC trade wins in the 7 games they face off against each other. CLE has the extra home game.

I know they want to keep Varland as a starter long term and that's fine but I think it's time to bring him up for the bullpen in September.
This. Even when he starts, they only let him go ~4 innings anyway. If they put him in the bullpen and get into a crunch he can still start and give them 2-3 innings.

Top Bottom