All Things 2024 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Our old workhorse Tyler Mahle scheduled for Sunday- - too bad it’s not at 🎯

Light him up please

Phil Miller in the Strib with several injury updates:

*Correa is running full-speed. next step is for him to be able to run without having soreness the next day. still no timetable for his return

*Joe Ryan got a 2nd opinion on his shoulder, and it agrees with the Twins' diagnosis - grade 2 strain of the teres major muscle. out for several weeks - possibly for rest of season

*Brock Stewart's surgery went well - a posterior capture release to relieve tightness in his internal rotation.

*Buxton's hip injury appears to be caused by scar tissue from a similar injury in 2022. Head trainer said they hope he feels better after the cortisone shot.

*Brooks Lee may start throwing Saturday, and hitting from the left side on Monday.

*Justin Topa had elbow soreness after throwing on back-to-back days, so they will "slow him down a little bit more." no date for his return.
----
If you missed it - farmhand Brandon Winokur hit 3 HR as Fort Myers won 12-2 on Friday. Mussels in 2nd place in the West Division of the Florida State League. #1 draft pick Kaelen Culpepper had 3 hits and is batting .310 with an .892 OPS in his first 29 At-bats as a professional.

Pat Reusse pointed this out on Twitter.

The Twins are 3-1/2 games back from having the best record in baseball.

I'll say that again - if you look at the standings without divisions, the Twins are 3-1/2 games back of having the best record in baseball.

every day of the season, you have people complaining about the Twins - complaining about this pitcher, or that player - complaining about the manager - complaining about the front office. and for all that complaining, the Twins have one of the best records in baseball.

this is a heck of a story.

look - we don't know what will happen the rest of the way. there are 40 games left in the season. Twins have 3 rookies in the starting rotation. Buxton, Correa and Lee are out of the lineup. things could still go south (and if it does, Howie will be sure to let us know).

but at the very least, the Twins deserve some credit for what they've done up to this point in the season.

oh - the Twins also have one of the best farm systems in baseball.

as an older fan who sat through some truly awful seasons and wretched teams, I'll take this.

----
If you missed it - farmhand Brandon Winokur hit 3 HR as Fort Myers won 12-2 on Friday. Mussels in 2nd place in the West Division of the Florida State League. #1 draft pick Kaelen Culpepper had 3 hits and is batting .310 with an .892 OPS in his first 29 At-bats as a professional.
3rd round pick last year. Only 19 years old. He was expected to go to UCLA but the Twins were able to offer him more money and he signed instead. Slot value was like $860K and he was given $1.5M. Five tool guy that I would not be shocked is a top 100 prospect in a year or two.

Last year's draft already looks amazing: Jenkins, Soto, Keaschall and Winokur were the top 4 picks.

A pretty strong argument can be made for Santana as team MVP. Stellar defense and quite a few important RBIs.
Not going to lie, I preferred them signing Hoskins but I'm happy to eat crow. Santana has been really good.

Get jacked!!!

Screw the non-playoff Purple. The Twins are only 3 games behind the Os for the best AL record, ergo home field advantage for the playoffs - it’s not inconceivable that the last series of the regular season at 🎯 field against the Os, could decide it.

We’re going to the ALCS, where we lose and win the WS within the next three seasons (2025-2027),
as well have two of the best ten position players in baseball, Lewis and Wallner😃.

I’m doubling down, but I ain’t no 🤡.

Thank you, but my name isn’t Pat Reusse.

See my post above from August 10, where I was commenting on the same topic.

I'll say that again - if you look at the standings without divisions, the Twins are 3-1/2 games back of having the best record in baseball.

every day of the season, you have people complaining about the Twins - complaining about this pitcher, or that player - complaining about the manager - complaining about the front office. and for all that complaining, the Twins have one of the best records in baseball.

look - we don't know what will happen the rest of the way. there are 40 games left in the season. Twins have 3 rookies in the starting rotation. Buxton, Correa and Lee are out of the lineup. things could still go south (and if it does, Howie will be sure to let us know).

but at the very least, the Twins deserve some credit for what they've done up to this point in the season.

as an older fan who sat through some truly awful seasons and wretched teams, I'll take this.

Damn Pohlads don’t care about winning!

Work paid for it. If you ever see a George Costanza bobble head from the Yankees game a few weeks ago grab one for me. Can’t convince myself to spend $200 on one on eBay.

Brooklyn Cyclones George for $89.99

Plus my 20% commission

Brooklyn Cyclones George for $89.99

Plus my 20% commission
I want the Yankees one.

That was some terrible base running in that inning but still get 3. Would have been nice to get that last 1 across the board.

Top Bottom