All Things 2024 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

and Martin reintroducing the lost art of bunting (had an important one against Philly a couple of weeks ago too).

How about Rocco?

In the immortal words of Larry David: "Pret-taaaay, pret-taaaay, pretty good!"

Injuries up the wazoo, and still he keeps the ship sailing through stormy seas. Brilliant job handling the pitching staff.

Impressive to navigate through this with no Jax and no Duran. I like Henriquez. I'm not sure why he's always the first one sent out.

Fun With Numbers/Twins O Style -

As noted in the telecast last night, the Twins lead MLB in runs scored in the 8/9 innings

Last night this produced our 33rd comeback win, tied for second most in MLB (stat courtesy of Dan Hayes).

The Twins have tallied 38 percent (228 of 600 runs) of their total offense from the seventh inning on (stat courtesy of Dan Hayes).

While the Twins’ O isn’t in the Top 5 of the Big 4 (Avg, HR, Runs, OPS) as we were before the break, the only team with that designation then- we are still in the Top 5-11 of those categories, so seemingly more than enough O.

What makes all this O derring do possible = contact. We have the 22nd most amount of team Ks this year, compared to last year-

IN 2023 WE LEAD MLB IN TEAM Ks

Last edited:

Alcala give up the 4-0 lead. Rangers with 4 in the bottom of the 7th to tie it at 4.

Rangers now lead 5-4.

If you’re willing to make a pitching change in the inning, why not do it earlier? Alcala was throwing fastballs right down the middle on 1-2.

That ball off Santana's bat got small quick.

Oh well, just blew a chance to get within a game of Cleveland today.

Twins have 1 hit in 7 innings against one of the worst bullpens in the league today.
The Ron Burgundy effect; thinking about Stay Classy, instead of finishing the task at hand.

Guards go the The Bronx, so hopefully we can match them.

Lost opportunity. Tough play for Miranda. With that runner he had time to set up before gunning it over though.

Bummer. On to San Diego. Stay Classy.

An empty feeling today but big picture is we won 3 of 4.

Duran gets the loss for striking out one batter and giving up a weak grounder to the other.

Cleveland has the Yankees next. meanwhile, Kansas City gets the Angels.

one oddity for San Diego. Padres are 33-29 at home and 37-26 on the road. other teams with a better winning % road vs home: the Yankees, Orioles, Red Sox, Tampa Bay, the Angels & Mets. (more than I thought) The Tigers are even - same record home and away.

I still like Alcala, but not sure I like him back to back days.

Also the capper was Julien striking out looking in the 8th. Now in fairness strike 3 was really ball 4, but he drives me nuts with his lack of aggressions.

Happy 66th birthday to Gary Gaetti.

The 20-year major leaguer hit 360 regular-season home runs, starting with his first at-bat on September 20, 1981. He was the third Twin to homer in their major league debut in less than a month, along with Kent Hrbek and Tim Laudner.

Top Bottom