All Things 2024 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread - Videos, Tweets, Articles, Rumors, Analysis and More

eker0016

Importer Exporter
Reaction score
One of the last Hibbing area players turned out OK.
Haha I was thinking of McHale, and also thinking that was half a century ago. I guess I meant I did not think we would have players from there going forward but this is cool to see.

2nd Degree Gopher

Reaction score
Also excellent nickname potential.

The Iron Ranger?

With his name Isaac...how about Steel Shaft?

Gotta say I did not think we would be recruiting guys from Virginia/Hibbing area. Love to see it.
I'd like to go on record that I predict the University of Minnesota Athletic Department will not market this young man, or any student athlete, as "Steel Shaft" or, heaven forbid, "The Steel Shaft."

USAF

Reaction score
I'd like to go on record that I predict the University of Minnesota Athletic Department will not market this young man, or any student athlete, as "Steel Shaft" or, heaven forbid, "The Steel Shaft."
Maybe he turns into a great 3 pt shooter..."The Cherry Popper."

Nah, on second thought prolly not.

eker0016

Importer Exporter
Reaction score
Haha, should have ended that one with /sarcasm

Reaction score
Common Man just discussed this offer and the kid. Had very positive things to say about him and Johnson. Common’s kid played with and/or against Asuma.
I remember playing his cousin in the early 2000’s. I’m from Cook (which is now Northwoods High School) which is about a half an hour away. His mother was also a very good basketball player in her own right. I also believe there is another Asuma brother coming up behind him as well.

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
I remember playing his cousin in the early 2000’s. I’m from Cook (which is now Northwoods High School) which is about a half an hour away. His mother was also a very good basketball player in her own right. I also believe there is another Asuma brother coming up behind him as well.
There is. I think he is like 8th grade? He played varsity and did well but is young.

Lou Hudson

Reaction score
There is. I think he is like 8th grade? He played varsity and did well but is young.
there are 3 brothers on the team; 7th, 8th, and 10th graders. At one point in the state tournament this year, they were all on the court at the same time. Very cool. Isaac is a player! Word at the tourney was that one of the younger ones has the most potential. Scary.

Top Bottom