All Things 2024-25 Vikings Regular Season Thread

Goff had 3 incomplete passes. One was tipped at the line, one was dropped, and one was an over throw on an open WR. The secondary was brutal.

There were also two sack fumbles that the Lions recovered. The Vikings get one or both and it’s a different game.
This secondary fu-----g sucks.

If they get pressure up front, they can somewhat cover for it, but otherwise, there are guys running wide open everywhere.

I still say Harry has been done for years. Our corners are below average, etc.

We are screwed there.

Also, I know he's a rookie and got nicked up a few weeks back, but Dallas Turner does not exist.

I like Addison but he has not had the attention to detail needed today.

Disappointing run, run, pass with the Vikings and a chance to win the game on offense vs relying on the defense.
Yep. Play-action was needed on 2nd down. It may not have worked or mattered, but it would've been the right call.

You can't get conservative and run, run, run or pass. You have to pass on an earlier down to try to get a 1st down.

I really hate that play calling by the Vikings. You have the ball with 4:14 to go. Run, run, incomplete pass. To me you gotta be agressive there and go win the game. Your defense had been giving up big plays all game. The hope of not letting them get 35 yards to kick a field goal were slim. I hope KOC reflects on that sequence.
Either you gotta go for points and stay aggressive throwing the ball or letting Darnold run or you need to run it and then be willing to go for it on 4th down. I would rather the Vikings have turned the ball over on downs on the 30 yard line with 3 minutes to go vs put in g and letting Detroit dictate if you get the ball back. At least then if you give up a touchdown or a field goal you are gonna have more time left.

Either you gotta go for points and stay aggressive throwing the ball or letting Darnold run or you need to run it and then be willing to go for it on 4th down. I would rather the Vikings have turned the ball over on downs on the 30 yard line with 3 minutes to go vs put in g and letting Detroit dictate if you get the ball back. At least then if you give up a touchdown or a field goal you are gonna have more time left.
This is correct. You could run 3 times as long as you plan to go for it on 4th down.

Great game—both QBs outstanding—can’t stand losing two close games to the Michigan teams in three weeks. Hard to understand running on first and second down on the Vikings last full possession. The offensive equivalent of the prevent defense. Needed three first downs or points to win the game. Stay aggressive. The team signed Jefferson for big bucks for that reason.

Great game—both QBs outstanding—can’t stand losing two close games to the Michigan teams in three weeks. Hard to understand running on first and second down on the Vikings last full possession. The offensive equivalent of the prevent defense. Needed three first downs or points to win the game. Stay aggressive. The team signed Jefferson for big bucks for that reason.
We've pounded the Lions so much over my lifetime that it still doesn't seem real or all that upsetting.

It was a big game today, but it still seems like it's just the lions.

Lions have manhandled the Vikings physically on both sides of the ball for 3.5 straight games. Campbell will be a fixture in the division for a long time. Great free agent signings on defense thus year but the naught 2022 draft will continue to haunt.

I think the Lions success has more to do with their GM than Campbell (not to slight him). The Stafford trade really jump started their whole operation.

Really good OL lets you do a lot of things. The Vikings have to do something on interior OL this offseason.
The Vikings ran left on almost every attempt yesterday because Ingram is horrible. A below average Risner would be an improvement.

Bradbury isn't able to compensate because he's also bad just not league worst like Ingram.

I think the Lions success has more to do with their GM than Campbell (not to slight him). The Stafford trade really jump started their whole operation.
Really good OL lets you do a lot of things. The Vikings have to do something on interior OL this offseason.

The Lions have the best OL in the league, probably not close. Campbell is a knucklehead and it's hard not to see a scenario where he doesn't cost his team a game in the playoffs (again?).

I'm not sure their defense is very good, it would be shocking if they don't trade for a pass-rusher in the next week or two. I keep hearing Josh Uche (sp?) from the Patriots; rumblings also of them chasing Maxx from the Raiders but there's no chance the Raiders let him go. I wouldn't begrudge the Raiders for getting something for Maxx though.

I think the Lions can make a lot of defenses look bad. Really balanced. Pick your poison.
Yes, they can......but an 88% completion rate with the crowd going nuts the whole game is ridiculous........especially at home.

The receivers were wide open. NOT GOOD

Yes, they can......but an 88% completion rate with the crowd going nuts the whole game is ridiculous........especially at home.

The receivers were wide open. NOT GOOD

Against Seattle a few weeks ago Goff had a 100% completion rate.

On this 4 game Lions winning streak he's completed 84%, combined. I don't think the crowd noise matters much once the ball is snapped.

On this 4 game Lions winning streak he's completed 84%, combined. I don't think the crowd noise matters much once the ball is snapped.
He was also good enough to be the overall number 1 pick in the 2016 draft as well.

The Lions have the best OL in the league, probably not close. Campbell is a knucklehead and it's hard not to see a scenario where he doesn't cost his team a game in the playoffs (again?).

I'm not sure their defense is very good, it would be shocking if they don't trade for a pass-rusher in the next week or two. I keep hearing Josh Uche (sp?) from the Patriots; rumblings also of them chasing Maxx from the Raiders but there's no chance the Raiders let him go. I wouldn't begrudge the Raiders for getting something for Maxx though.
4 of their 5 starting OL were drafted by the Lions, 3 of them first rounders, with one drafted in the third round. With Zeitler being the lone free agent.

I completely agree with you on Campbell. I think they're winning in spite of him, and not because of him. Their GM has assembled a very good team. Campbell will 100% blow it with some boneheaded decision in the vein of "being aggressive".

Correct, but I was hoping our defense was better than that.

88% isn't going to last at all.

He's completing 73% on year. 88% is ridiculous.

The number of flags in NFL games is getting annoying.

2024: 13.04 penalties/game
2023: 11.34 penalties/game
2022: 11.1 penalties/game
2021: 11.72 penalties/game
2020: 11.1 penalties/game

The Vikings ran left on almost every attempt yesterday because Ingram is horrible. A below average Risner would be an improvement.

Bradbury isn't able to compensate because he's also bad just not league worst like Ingram.
On a positive note, the middle of the OL should be much easier to fill in when we already have two (2) stud OT's like Darrisaw and O'Neill holding down the edges.

Bradbury is simply too small and slow for today's DT's and our OG's are even more inadequate. OG Tre Smith from KC should be our primary target next Free Agency.

I thought the slightly better team won yesterday. Having a porous interior OL and aging Secondary is going to be exploited by good teams.

We should beat the Rams on Thursday by 10+ points but this has all the makings of a trap game.

On a positive note, the middle of the OL should be much easier to fill in when we already have two (2) stud OT's like Darrisaw and O'Neill holding down the edges.

Bradbury is simply too small and slow for today's DT's and our OG's are even more inadequate. OG Tre Smith from KC should be our primary target next Free Agency.

I thought the slightly better team won yesterday. Having a porous interior OL and aging Secondary is going to be exploited by good teams.

We should beat the Rams on Thursday by 10+ points but this has all the makings of a trap game.
Trap game implies we're looking ahead. The next game is a home game against Indy so that shouldn't be an issue.

Trap game implies we're looking ahead. The next game is a home game against Indy so that shouldn't be an issue.
Geez...I swear I heard the announcers say we played the Rams on TNF. Indy is terrible with Richardson compared to Flacco.

Correct, but I was hoping our defense was better than that.

88% isn't going to last at all.

He's completing 73% on year. 88% is ridiculous.
Flores made a few bad play calls. I think we beat them in Detroit.

Geez...I swear I heard the announcers say we played the Rams on TNF. Indy is terrible with Richardson compared to Flacco.
They play the Rams this week. I'm just saying a "trap game" is usually when you're looking ahead to the next opponent and don't take this week's game seriously enough. I could see that if they played the Packers or something the week after. But not the Colts.

They play the Rams this week. I'm just saying a "trap game" is usually when you're looking ahead to the next opponent and don't take this week's game seriously enough. I could see that if they played the Packers or something the week after. But not the Colts.
Got it. I've always referred to "trap" games as those that should easily be won on paper. I stand corrected.

Top Bottom