All Things 2024-25 Vikings Regular Season Thread

Is it true that fans can't keep a football thrown into the stands?

Come on NFL, you have enough money to pay for footballs.

In the last 2 games against Alvin Kamara........Kamara has scored 10 touchdowns.

What in the actual hell, Zimmerman?
Hey, ah, Zim!

Kendricks was washed up 4 years ago, and you still have him in the middle.

Damn, man!

The 2024 Vikings have already matched the victory total of the 2023 squad at the Zygi Dome.

They went winless at home (3 different starting QBs) after Cousins was out for the season.

Last edited:

The Vikings at 3-0. Surprising. Sure.

Here's what's absolutely astonishing to me, 2 have been flat out blowouts. To me a blowout is 17+, which equals a 3 score game.

Under KOC they had been incapable of that. No such routs. None. Zip. Not even against a random crappy team. The 2022 season in which they went 13-4 they didn't do it.

In fact I couldn't find one this decade for the Purple.

Now they have 2 this season by Week 3. One on the road, the other against a playoff team from last season.

Long season, but damn it has been fun so far!

Appreciate the discussion a few pages back and not looking to restart it, good points already brought up there.

Will just say, I'm big on "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush". We'll see!

everything's wonderful when you're winning.

but here is a cautionary note from someone who has been watching this team since the mid-60's.

in 1970, Vikings fans thought they would roll over a Kansas City team from the inferior AFL.

in 1998, Vikings fans thought that Moss, Carter & Co. would roll over Atlanta and go to the Super Bowl.

in 2009, Vikings fans thought that Bret Favre would roll over the Saints and take the Vikings to the Super Bowl.

is this year different? it might be. but we won't know that until we get there.

but here is a cautionary note from someone who has been watching this team since the mid-60's.

in 1970, Vikings fans thought they would roll over a Kansas City team from the inferior AFL.

in 1998, Vikings fans thought that Moss, Carter & Co. would roll over Atlanta and go to the Super Bowl.

in 2009, Vikings fans thought that Bret Favre would roll over the Saints and take the Vikings to the Super Bowl.

I was 1 year old when the Joe Kapp crew fell to the Chiefs, so I can't speak to that one following the 1969 season.

The contest against the Falcons in January 1999, while confident that the Vikes would win, I had seen enough of the Dirty Birds who came into that one at 15-2 that it would likely not be a roll-over.

By January 2010, the Vikings that season had put up a few of clunkers on the road (Cardinals, Panthers, & Bears) that cost them Home Field. There was no way I thought they would roll over the Saints in their Dome.

Toss up at best. Unfortunately, the Vikings chose incorrectly on the OT Coin Toss.

SON, you're one of my favorite posters on here and I'm just needling you here, but is there a Vikings fan alive who's advanced out of diapers that isn't aware of the long, sordid, heartbreaking history of these Vikings? Where's the reference to '75 and Armen Terzian? How bout the 41-0 shellacking at the hands of the Giants in 2000 in the NFC Championship game? Jack Tatum making Sammy White call out for his Mama in the '76 Super Bowl? The Love Boat? The Whizzinator? Les Steckel? Spergon Wynn? Antonio Freeman's miracle catch off of Cris Dishman's foot and winning TD on MNF? Blair Walsh? Jim McMahon coming off the bench to torch the Vikings with Willie Gault in a matter of a few minutes on Thursday Night Football in '85? Tony Dorsett's record setting 99 yard scamper on MNF in '83? Sean Salisbury shaving a Christmas tree into his head? The little kid floating away in the hot air balloon from a halftime show at Met Stadium, with his parents fearing him dead?

The Vikings entire history is a cautionary tale.

SON, while I understand the premise of your post, I'm going to dispute your take on that 2009 game. There was not a common belief that we would "roll over" the Saints, in their own stadium. The Saints had the better regular season record, and were 3.5 point favorites in that game.

The reason people walked away extra frustrated was that the Vikings dominated most of the play, outgaining New Orleans 475-257, but turned the ball over 5 times.

Turnovers aside the Vikings dominated play more than anyone could have imagined, but self-imploded.

Also I don't think any reasonable fan is putting this team on the level of those 3 teams you mentioned. I could be wrong, but people I know are smarter than that.

Yes, and I will reveal in it and encourage others to as well, as long as it continues, because you never know how long it will last or when it will end.

This unexpected Vike’s start is especially a healing tonic after the Twins collapse.

It is better to have loved (or cheered) and lost, than never to have loved (or cheered) at all.

Last edited:

SON, you're one of my favorite posters on here and I'm just needling you here, but is there a Vikings fan alive who's advanced out of diapers that isn't aware of the long, sordid, heartbreaking history of these Vikings? Where's the reference to '75 and Armen Terzian? How bout the 41-0 shellacking at the hands of the Giants in 2000 in the NFC Championship game? Jack Tatum making Sammy White call out for his Mama in the '76 Super Bowl? The Love Boat? The Whizzinator? Les Steckel? Spergon Wynn? Antonio Freeman's miracle catch off of Cris Dishman's foot and winning TD on MNF? Blair Walsh? Jim McMahon coming off the bench to torch the Vikings with Willie Gault in a matter of a few minutes on Thursday Night Football in '85? Tony Dorsett's record setting 99 yard scamper on MNF in '83? Sean Salisbury shaving a Christmas tree into his head? The little kid floating away in the hot air balloon from a halftime show at Met Stadium, with his parents fearing him dead?

At least the Vikes won the game against the Cowboys when TD had his 99 yd TD run.

If you don't have hope what do you have...

Superbowl homeboy!

At least the Vikes won the game against the Cowboys when TD had his 99 yd TD run.

We also gave up a 109-yard TD to Antonio Cromartie of the Chargers in 2007 on a missed field goal before the half, and came back to win that one. Then-rookie RB Adrian Peterson ran for 296 yards, a single game NFL record.

No shit. What a waste of a post by SON.

The Vikings at 3-0. Surprising. Sure.

Here's what's absolutely astonishing to me, 2 have been flat out blowouts. To me a blowout is 17+, which equals a 3 score game.

Under KOC they had been incapable of that. No such routs. None. Zip. Not even against a random crappy team. The 2022 season in which they went 13-4 they didn't do it.

In fact I couldn't find one this decade for the Purple.

Now they have 2 this season by Week 3. One on the road, the other against a playoff team from last season.
I was thinking something similar. When was the last time we beat THIS good of a team by THAT much? I would also argue that all 3 of these games have been blowouts, or at least should have been. That niners game should not have been that close, the score doesn't tell the whole story. If Aaron Jones doesn't fumble, its a blowout.

Also, whats the injury report looking like for the game against the packers? Is Love back? Is Addison back? Crazy how we have done what we have without 2 of our best offensive weapons, can't wait for TJ to come back too.

Top Bottom