All Things 2024-25 Vikings Regular Season Thread

Great stats via an Alec Lewis’ article in The Athletic on the improved and potent Vikes running attack thus far. Here’s some gold from that article -

After two games played in 2024, the Vikings are averaging 5.1 yards per carry, ninth best in the NFL and more than a yard better than their average in 2023. Their improvement is even more stark when considering the advanced metrics.

The Vikings rank fourth in the NFL in rushing success rate and third in explosive rush rate. Each marks a major year-over-year leap. For perspective, the Vikings already have 10 runs of 10 yards or more this season. Last year, the Vikings only had 11 runs of 10 yards or more entering Week 7.

Sunday, the Vikings averaged 4.05 yards before contact, the most any NFL team has generated in a game this season and the most a Vikings team has averaged with O’Connell as the coach. That wouldn’t have happened if players like Brandel, Bradbury, Ingram, O’Neill, left tackle Christian Darrisaw and tight ends Josh Oliver and Johnny Mundt hadn’t dented the opposing front.

And for all you Kicker haters out there, and "you shouldn't waste a draft pick on a Kicker"... IN YOUR FACE!!

Small sample size, for sure, but Reichard has been money and is no doubt earning the trust of the staff the minute the Vikings cross midfield.
Blair Walsh was amazing as a rookie. Kickers are fickle creatures.

Joe Mixon hurt his ankle Sunday and is doubtful Sunday - not season ending, but he’ll miss some time.

It was from a hip drop tackle that is supposed to be a penalty but is never called.
Hate the rule. Defensive guy has to do whatever he can to bring ball carrier down. Not sure he can pause and think " oh, can't do that", whatever that technically is. Understand face mask and horseshoe but I struggle with this rule and how you call it.

Vikings are 2.5 underdogs.

I thought it would be the other way.

Hate the rule. Defensive guy has to do whatever he can to bring ball carrier down. Not sure he can pause and think " oh, can't do that", whatever that technically is. Understand face mask and horseshoe but I struggle with this rule and how you call it.
The players are why people watch the NFL.

Yes, This gives an advantage to the offence but I think it's what the fans want, especially those playing fantasy. You can't grab and roll tackling from behind.

They will eventually move beyond fines and start penalizing this, the injuries so far kind of cement it IMHO.

Mondiac. It was Paul Allen’s song about the awesome Mond qb who is no longer in the nfl. Bring back Thor Tolo.

Top Bottom