All Things 2023 Minnesota Vikings Off-Season Thread

If you could guarntee he'd stay healthy, I would in a second.

He's a pro bowl player if healthy. I just don't know if he does stay healthy.

I can't fathom any of our draftees coming close to that.

Hopefully, I eat my own words.
This is all based on your fake thing of "needing" a 2nd WR (even though we have a perfectly good one). Meh

This is all based on your fake thing of "needing" a 2nd WR (even though we have a perfectly good one). Meh
If we currently don't need a second receiver, then we really don't need help anywhere on the field.

Good grief!

How many starting G's in the league were 2nd round rookies?

Yep, maybe all our 2022 guys will pop this year, we'll see. Personally I don't see it.

Plus we helped our rivals. At this point our 2022 draft is ranked 32nd and that is on Kwesi.

Yep, maybe all our 2022 guys will pop this year, we'll see. Personally I don't see it.

Plus we helped our rivals. At this point our 2022 draft is ranked 32nd and that is on Kwesi.
It’s probably unlikely for five/six guys simultaneously, but what about the specific guy I asked about (Ingram)?

I don’t know if he’ll be great, but hopefully he significantly improves.

If we currently don't need a second receiver, then we really don't need help anywhere on the field.

Good grief!
False.

We have a receiver who is every bit as good as Thielen.

No NFL team will ever be able to be great at all positions. They set it up that way on purpose.

WR is one of our lower priorities.

False.

We have a receiver who is every bit as good as Thielen.

No NFL team will ever be able to be great at all positions. They set it up that way on purpose.

WR is one of our lower priorities.
We don't have a number 2 receiver.

We have a one and a 3.

How many NFL teams have two legit Pro Bowl receivers? Probably more than zero, but to me that’s putting too many eggs in a specialized basket that you don’t need to.

How many NFL teams have two legit Pro Bowl receivers? Probably more than zero, but to me that’s putting too many eggs in a specialized basket that you don’t need to.

Bengals, but can they afford Higgins when’s he’s off his rookie?

The days of having AC & Jake Reed are over- too much 💰

Bengals, but can they afford Higgins when’s he’s off his rookie?

The days of having AC & Jake Reed are over- too much 💰
Eagles, Dolphins, Seahawks, Buccaneers, and maybe 1 or 2 more (49ers and Chargers come to mind) depending on how you count. All those teams made the playoff last season.

It’s probably unlikely for five/six guys simultaneously, but what about the specific guy I asked about (Ingram)?

I don’t know if he’ll be great, but hopefully he significantly improves.

Hope so. Feel good about our tackles, our interior oline could use a boost.

Certainly 2023 Adam Theilen is no better than KJ Osborn. Whether that means they don't need a #2 WR is a different question.
AT was #2 for a 13 win team, where the offense won every game.

Yeah hmm ...

Eagles, Dolphins, Seahawks, Buccaneers, and maybe 1 or 2 more (49ers and Chargers come to mind) depending on how you count. All those teams made the playoff last season.
Each of those had two WR on the Pro Bowl?

I'm going to guess you're not correct, while being too lazy to actually look it up.

Peter King Mock Draft:

23. MINNESOTA: Anthony Richardson, quarterback, Florida.

Easily could go earlier—as high as four to Indianapolis. But the Vikings would be an intriguing spot for the raw Richardson. Kirk Cousins has one playoff win in five Vikings seasons. The math is not in Cousins’ favor. This is year six. He’ll have made $185 million as a Viking, and will be seeking $45 million-plus to re-sign after this season to be sure, guaranteed. Who would be surprised if the Vikings wanted to start fresh in 2024 if this is another one of those years?

Go Gophers!!

Each of those had two WR on the Pro Bowl?

I'm going to guess you're not correct, while being too lazy to actually look it up.
No. They all have 2 pro bowl caliber receivers. No team last year had 2 receivers make it.

Apologies if this has already been posted...

Sources: Packers trade Aaron Rodgers to Jets for multiple picks​

Apologies if this has already been posted...

Sources: Packers trade Aaron Rodgers to Jets for multiple picks​

A 2nd round pick, a whopping 2 place 1st round swap and a conditional 1st for a 5th. Not an overwhelming return for Packers.

after reading the article, the net trade for Rodgers comes out to a 2nd-round pick and a conditional 2nd-round pick that could become a 1st. the other picks basically off-set.

so the Jets get a HOF QB - albeit one on the downside of his career, for what amounts to 2 2nd-round picks or a 1st & a 2nd.

First team to 10 wins takes the NFC North. And I'd say it's between the Vikings and Lions.

From Brett Favre to Aaron Rodgers to Jordan Love.

Favre to Rodgers was 30 years of uninterrupted excellence at QB for Green Bay. Will Love keep that streak going?

Many Packer fans have never had to worry about the most important position on their football team. They always knew they had one of the best taking snaps.

How far does Stroud fall?

The only way Stroud, Richardson and Levis do NOT fall down the draft board is if one of the Owners sticks their nose in the draft room and forces the issue.

This is a one QB draft, Bryce Young. The grades on all the others top out at a backup QB at best, at least from what I have heard/read.

1. Bryce Young - Carolina
2. Tyree Wilson - Houston
3. Jalen Carter - Arizona (I wish, but I can see the Cardinals going the "safe" route with Will Anderson, who I like but I don't think is "special" either)

Carter is the kind of player that doesn't come along very often. Depending on what teams dug up on his past, if he comes up mostly clean, there's no way he makes it out of the top 5.

The only way Stroud, Richardson and Levis do NOT fall down the draft board is if one of the Owners sticks their nose in the draft room and forces the issue.

This is a one QB draft, Bryce Young. The grades on all the others top out at a backup QB at best, at least from what I have heard/read.

1. Bryce Young - Carolina
2. Tyree Wilson - Houston
3. Jalen Carter - Arizona (I wish, but I can see the Cardinals going the "safe" route with Will Anderson, who I like but I don't think is "special" either)

Carter is the kind of player that doesn't come along very often. Depending on what teams dug up on his past, if he comes up mostly clean, there's no way he makes it out of the top 5.
I agree. I wouldn't draft any quarterback in the 1st Round other than Young. I think a couple guys could be worthy as Round 2 picks.

I think the Vikings should trade back to hopefully get two 2nd Round picks to draft Hyatt at WR and then a CB, DT, DE, or possibly a QB if the right one is there.

The mock drafts I've seen have some QBs all over the place. I've seen Levis for example go in the top 5 and not go in the 1st at all. If you're a team drafting in the top 7-8 spots that really wants a QB, I'd trade down a bit if I could.

Top Bottom