All Things 2023 Minnesota Vikings Off-Season Thread

PA just said if the Vikings stay at 23, and he's still there, he thinks it the running back out of Texas.

Kill me!
Im usually against first round RBs too, but they are talking about this guy playing WR too. Would you be okay with him being percy harvin?

Seeing reports that vikes are trying hard to move up to #3 for Anthony Richardson.

Will be interesting if Stroud drops after that S2 score.
Wow...I really like the player but that would be a massive jump. You'd have to figure it would cost #23 and 2 future FRP's at least. In order to win big, you have to bet big.

Seems like there will be some highly rated cornerbacks at 23 but we have such a bad history drafting at that position that I kinda hope we go a different direction. Would really like a dlineman but not in love with anyone who will likely be available at that spot.

That said, Zay Flowers is first on my wish list. Hopefully he makes it to our pick.
Zay Flowers is my guy, too.

I'm down to four (4) guys on my wish list for #23 knowing full well that none may be there:

CB Joey Porter,Jr.
DE Luka Van Ness
RB Bijan Robinson
DT Calijah Kancey
Or trade down a little bit, and STILL get one of those players! Win-Win!
Seeing reports that vikes are trying hard to move up to #3 for Anthony Richardson.

Will be interesting if Stroud drops after that S2 score.

I heard that first thing this morning also. I have to believe it's laughable at this point, but anything could happen. The capital required to make that move would be staggering, especially when they have minimal picks this year and NEXT year is the draft most teams want picks. This year is full of COVID leftovers, diluting the soup.

That would be KOC and KAM gambling their Vikings' careers on that one move. Way, way too much for a kid that's played 13 games and wasn't that impressive doing so

Im usually against first round RBs too, but they are talking about this guy playing WR too. Would you be okay with him being percy harvin?
I don't know.

Dalvin Cook could probably be a good back for two more years.

On the other hand, with no cook, we don't have the real home run hitter.

Whatever I guess.

Just trade down to Round 2 for two 2nds or a 2nd and 3rd. Go get Hyatt and then the best player available.

Or trade down a little bit, and STILL get one of those players! Win-Win!

I heard that first thing this morning also. I have to believe it's laughable at this point, but anything could happen. The capital required to make that move would be staggering, especially when they have minimal picks this year and NEXT year is the draft most teams want picks. This year is full of COVID leftovers, diluting the soup.

That would be KOC and KAM gambling their Vikings' careers on that one move. Way, way too much for a kid that's played 13 games and wasn't that impressive doing so

Yeah, have to believe there are other teams trying to move up to #3 where Arizona wouldn't have to move so far back as well.
As u said, would be a massive gamble on Kwesi's part, but if Richardson hits there is no price too steep. See Mahomes.

Just trade down to Round 2 for two 2nds or a 2nd and 3rd. Go get Hyatt and then the best player available.
PIT has#32 & #49 and that would land you WR Hyatt and CB Brents according to most mocks. That would be far better than any single player we could land at #23 barring a massive slide by someone (Stroud, etc.).

I know everyone has seen this but worth another look. Funny when Spielman tells Zim no defensive guys needed and then that Jefferson can play corner too.

PIT has#32 & #49 and that would land you WR Hyatt and CB Brents according to most mocks. That would be far better than any single player we could land at #23 barring a massive slide by someone (Stroud, etc.).

All eyes tonight will be focused on the Stroud situation. How that S2 score will affect him.

All eyes tonight will be focused on the Stroud situation. How that S2 score will affect him.

It will have a lot more to do with just the S2 Cognitive test. Stroud has holes in his game, always has, and all the teams in the NFL have known it. Just because the worldwide leader didn't want to talk about those holes, doesn't mean they weren't there.

March and April are 100% about lying and misinformation. Remember, every team in the NFL benefits if there's a run on QBs in the top 10 of the draft, it pushes high caliber position players further down the board. Between the player agents drumming up all of this "moving up draft boards" hysteria and the NFL teams feeding the "draft experts" false information, don't believe a single thing about how coveted any of these QBs are.

It will have a lot more to do with just the S2 Cognitive test. Stroud has holes in his game, always has, and all the teams in the NFL have known it. Just because the worldwide leader didn't want to talk about those holes, doesn't mean they weren't there.

March and April are 100% about lying and misinformation. Remember, every team in the NFL benefits if there's a run on QBs in the top 10 of the draft, it pushes high caliber position players further down the board. Between the player agents drumming up all of this "moving up draft boards" hysteria and the NFL teams feeding the "draft experts" false information, don't believe a single thing about how coveted any of these QBs are.

Another example of this is Herndon Hooker. Have heard reports about him from one extreme to the other. Should be a very interesting night.

Correct. I also think the Stroud score was a lie put out to get him to drop a little bit.

PA just said if the Vikings stay at 23, and he's still there, he thinks it the running back out of Texas.

Kill me!
That makes the least possible sense.

One of the positions that makes no sense to spend a high draft pick on.

Bolded is huge, if you're not "buying" an early round QB in the draft.

I hope we're not!

Correct. I also think the Stroud score was a lie put out to get him to drop a little bit.
Honestly feel like so much of the "talkers" on the draft ... are just to get people to tune in for the whole thing.

If Vikings fans think we won't pick until #23, at the earliest, why even tune in tonight?

But oh wait, trading up to #3!! Tune in!

Outside of JSN, I don't really think there's another WR worthy of going in the first round considering the depth at the position in the draft.

Quintin Johnston. High end size and skill.

personally, I would rather get 1 really good player as opposed to 2 or 3 average players. you can always find another average guy to fill out a roster.

So, from that point of view, if there is a QB that Kwesi and KOC are really sold on - someone they truly believe can be "the man" going forward, then go for it.

because - if they don't get a QB this year, then they go into next year with these options
- sign Cousins to an extension
- start a rookie QB
- pick up a stop-gap QB to hold the fort until the rookie is ready to go

compared to that, I would rather see them get a QB this year and give him a year to develop.

personally, I would rather get 1 really good player as opposed to 2 or 3 average players. you can always find another average guy to fill out a roster.

So, from that point of view, if there is a QB that Kwesi and KOC are really sold on - someone they truly believe can be "the man" going forward, then go for it.

because - if they don't get a QB this year, then they go into next year with these options
- sign Cousins to an extension
- start a rookie QB
- pick up a stop-gap QB to hold the fort until the rookie is ready to go

compared to that, I would rather see them get a QB this year and give him a year to develop.
Except that, there has to actually be a guy who really is that, for this to be valid!

You don't force it with a 2nd tier guy, just to make the timing work.

Richardson ain't it

I believe accuracy is the most important thing. I like Tanner McKee from Stanford in the 3rd round if he's there. Worst case he's a decent back-up QB for 4 years.

Saw on the pre-draft show they were saying Titans know who they want and are talking to the Cards about the #3 spot.

So right there, the whole thing of the Vikings could just be pure BS to make the Titans sweat a bit more and be willing to give up more for it.

And no one is going to confirm or deny anything. Drives viewership higher.

Richardson going to the Indianapolis Colts. We just got screw. it now Will Levis or no QB.

I was WRONG! 100% DEAD WRONG!!

But happy to be wrong here, can't wait to see what kind of haul the Cardinals got for moving down

Top Bottom