All Things 2023 Minnesota Vikings Off-Season Thread

Is there likely to be much if any news from now until the draft?

Seems like it will be a constant talker, but without much of anything leaking out.

Waiting until 6/1 to cut or trade Cook and Z Smith?

Is there likely to be much if any news from now until the draft?

Seems like it will be a constant talker, but without much of anything leaking out.

Waiting until 6/1 to cut or trade Cook and Z Smith?
I predict one of them will be traded pre draft. Or Hunter. (Or Justin Jefferson for the greatest haul of picks ever seen 😎)

I predict one of them will be traded pre draft. Or Hunter. (Or Justin Jefferson for the greatest haul of picks ever seen 😎)
Jefferson might get 5 first round picks and 5 second round picks and wr is down on the list of position priority. I think that’s how it goes.

Hopefully a good WR is there in the 1st Round when the Vikings pick.

Excellence at WR will help the new QB that the Vikings will transition to after Cousins season, which will almost certainly be his last with the Vikings.

If we keep JJ, we won't need any picks because he's so awesome we won't need much on defense or at QB. He's a one-man Super Bowl team.

BUT... remember this: he's not worth much in trade value.

I think that's how it goes.

Hyperbolic trolling noted.

Anyone have any good faith points to make today?

If we keep JJ, we won't need any picks because he's so awesome we won't need much on defense or at QB. He's a one-man Super Bowl team.

BUT... remember this: he's not worth much in trade value.

I think that's how it goes.
You could always get some first round picks. Then you could draft just horseshit defensive players like they have for 9 straight years.

I'm sure it would work out this time.

Anyone have any good faith points to make today?

Apparently not.

The Grand Plan Forward is still in need of some fleshing-out.

So far, we have: STEP ONE: Dump the QB. STEP TWO: Give JJ the $$$$$$$.

Beyond that, it's pretty murky...

You could always get some first round picks. Then you could draft just horseshit defensive players like they have for 9 straight years.

I'm sure it would work out this time.

Any constructive ideas?

Apparently not.

The Grand Plan Forward is still in need of some fleshing-out.

So far, we have: STEP ONE: Dump the QB. STEP TWO: Give JJ the $$$$$$$.

Beyond that, it's pretty murky...
How rude - that they haven’t taken the time to share their plans with you! Your umbrage is well earned sire!

How rude - that they haven’t taken the time to share their plans with you! Your umbrage is well earned sire!

Oh, I don't mind that they think my 'plan' is lame. Heck, it probably is; after all, I'm not actually an NFL General Manager. ;)

It isn't odd that they take pot shots at me, but it is too bad that don't offer up any ideas of their own.

Oh, I don't mind that they think my 'plan' is lame. Heck, it probably is; after all, I'm not actually an NFL General Manager. ;)

It isn't odd that they take pot shots at me, but it is too bad that don't offer up any ideas of their own.
I have none to offer. So I stick with some, hopefully, good natured ribbing. The QB scarcity is amazing and how fortunate you need to be to get it right.

You took pot shots at me when I suggested they play AK over Morgan.

What makes you so special?

You took pot shots at me when I suggested they play AK over Morgan.

What makes you so special?

Wow. You can really drag your butthurt around for a long time. Carry a grudge much?

I'm not special at all. If you want to exchange zingers, I'll happily play along. If you're too thin-skinned for it, then don't engage. And if you can't stand it when someone disagrees with you, I don't know what to tell you.

Example: I get it that you think it would be a mistake to trade JJ. And I'm aware that most people here agree with you. I can easily live with the fact that I'm in the minority on this, and if it turns out that I'm wrong about it, well, it won't be the first time I was ever wrong; I'm glad that in this case my being wrong can have no meaningful consequences.

I don't mind that you disagree.

See? Nothing hard about that. Just an opinion about a football team. Not really worth getting angry over.

Wow. You can really drag your butthurt around for a long time. Carry a grudge much?

I'm not special at all. If you want to exchange zingers, I'll happily play along. If you're too thin-skinned for it, then don't engage. And if you can't stand it when someone disagrees with you, I don't know what to tell you.

Example: I get it that you think it would be a mistake to trade JJ. And I'm aware that most people here agree with you. I can easily live with the fact that I'm in the minority on this, and if it turns out that I'm wrong about it, well, it won't be the first time I was ever wrong; I'm glad that in this case my being wrong can have no meaningful consequences.

I don't mind that you disagree.

See? Nothing hard about that. Just an opinion about a football team. Not really worth getting angry over.
So you are not special.

I love it.

Oh, and let's not trade JJ. Let's trust the coaches.

Have a good one.

How is this proven? If they don’t trade him? Or what?

How is any theory proven? Watch and see if it works. In this case, yes, that would require the team to actually trade him — which is unlikely, I'd say. So we'll probably never know how any version of that might have played out.

If the team doesn't trade him, the people in charge (unlike the folks here) will have to have an actual plan for going forward that involves paying him his money and somehow improving those parts of the team that require shoring up. Since it seems likely they will keep (and pay) JJ, it is going to be interesting to see what else happens. How do they improve the defense?

We'll see.

Can we just get Murray banned already? My goodness, he just destroys threads.

Banned for what?

Re-read today's posts on this thread. The (mostly good-natured) banter started with howeda, post #842, followed up by 7gopher7, post #843. Those were both little jabs at me and my idea to trade JJ for draft picks in order to field an improved defense.

I replied in kind, with a little jab of my own.

I don't understand what anyone would find objectionable about anything I posted, and really am baffled by a call to ban me by someone who hasn't even participated in the conversation to this point.

Are people really that insecure, that they can't stand to have someone else present and defend an opinion that's contrary to their own? What am I not seeing here?

Last edited:

Banned for what?

Re-read today's posts on this thread. The (mostly good-natured) banter started with howeda, post #842, followed up by 7gopher7, post #843. Those were both little jabs at me and my idea to trade JJ for draft picks in order to field an improved defense.

I replied in kind, with a little jab of my own.

I don't understand what anyone would find objectionable about anything I posted, and really am baffled by a call to ban me by someone who hasn't even participated in the conversation to this point.

Are people really that insecure, that they can't stand to have someone else present and defend an opinion that's contrary to their own? What arm I not seeing here?
AK was opinion of mine that was contrary to your own. I still laugh at what a big deal that was to you.

I love to watch you preach now, though.

I love this site!

AK was opinion of mine that was contrary to your own. I still laugh at what a big deal that was to you.

I love to watch you preach now, though.

I love this site!

I do remember you and I disagreeing on benching Morgan. I wasn't at all offended by the fact that you disagreed with me. On the other hand, I'm not sure if you were offended by the fact that I disagreed with you. You certainly seem to have held it against me for quite some time now, with constant references to "Trust the coaches". I guess when I told you that I trust the coaches to make the decision on the starting QB, it was somehow offensive to you. I'm not sure why it would be, but you do keep bringing it up, over and over.

I never called for you to be banned for having an opinion on Tanner Morgan that is different from my opinion, or for any other reason, for that matter.

Look, if I'm discussing and/or debating a topic (which to my mind is pretty much what we're all here for) I'm going to present my case and my reasoning for my opinion. That's how it works. If you and I happen to disagree, we can have a debate. Well... hopefully as two adults we can do that, and without anyone feeling hurt or wounded.

If having opinions — and arguing strongly for them — is what gets someone banned, then yeah; I will be banned, eventually. It would be inevitable. I'd be toast. But I don't recall reading in the terms of use anything that forbids opinions on starting QBs, or warns against having a minority position on whether or not to trade a star WR.

Last edited:

I do remember you and I disagreeing on benching Morgan. I wasn't at all offended by the fact that you disagreed with me. On the other hand, I'm not sure if you were offended by the fact that I disagreed with you. You certainly seem to have held it against me for quite some time now, with constant references to "Trust the coaches". I guess when I told you that I trust the coaches to make the decision on the starting QB, it was somehow offensive to you. I'm not sure why it would be, but you do keep bringing it up, over and over.

I never called for you to be banned for having an opinion on Tanner Morgan that is different from my opinion, or for any other reason, for that matter.

Look, if I'm discussing and/or debating a topic (which to my mind is pretty much what we're all here for) I'm going to present my case and my reasoning for my opinion. That's how it works. If you and I happen to disagree, we can have a debate. Well... hopefully as two adults we can do that, and without anyone feeling hurt or wounded.

If having opinions — and arguing strongly for them — is what gets someone banned, then yeah; I will be banned, eventually. It would be inevitable. I'd be toast. But I don't recall reading in the terms of use anything that forbids opinions on starting QBs, or warns against having a minority position on whether or not to trade a star WR.
I’m not offended one bit and was just goofing around with ya! I totally understand the idea of trading JJ as well. I vote no on banning Murray.

I’m not offended one bit and was just goofing around with ya! I totally understand the idea of trading JJ as well. I vote no on banning Murray.

Yes, that's exactly how I took your post — a good-natured jab. And I replied in the same way. To me, that sort of exchange is exactly why we come here. At least, that's why I come here.

It's fun. It's interesting. I don't have a thin skin; I enjoy a little teasing. I love giving it back.

But, that being said, I don't understand the "he should be banned" thing. Seems really extreme to me. Over-reaction.

No need to ban anyone, the Ignore feature is a dream. I've had Murray on Ignore for so long I had forgotten Murray was an active member on the board. I'm sure there was a good reason for it way back then, very likely little has changed.

FWIW - I don't think the problem is when two posters disagree on something.

IMHO, the problem is when it turns into a multi-page back and forth with both people repeatedly saying the same thing over and over again.

at some point, it would be helpful if everyone just agreed to disagree and moved on to another topic.

I understand that people can feel very strongly about their opinions. I just get tired of seeing the same argument repeated on an endless loop.

FWIW - I don't think the problem is when two posters disagree on something.

IMHO, the problem is when it turns into a multi-page back and forth with both people repeatedly saying the same thing over and over again.

at some point, it would be helpful if everyone just agreed to disagree and moved on to another topic.

I understand that people can feel very strongly about their opinions. I just get tired of seeing the same argument repeated on an endless loop.

Good advice, which I plan to follow from now on.

Well said.

Yes, that's exactly how I took your post — a good-natured jab. And I replied in the same way. To me, that sort of exchange is exactly why we come here. At least, that's why I come here.

It's fun. It's interesting. I don't have a thin skin; I enjoy a little teasing. I love giving it back.

But, that being said, I don't understand the "he should be banned" thing. Seems really extreme to me. Over-reaction.
LMAO

Top Bottom