All Things 2023 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Solid point. Kirk getting hurt gave them every reason to trade him. But those two Dobbs wins gave them false hope. We should have traded him this trade DL

o
But the Dobbs thing wasn’t sustainable as Ogee pointed out earlier and I’m disappointed that those professionals fell into that Pandora’s Box; I’m a rube and hoped he magically lift us up the playoffs, but Kwesi should have known better - that’s his gig.

If the Vikings beat the Lions on Sunday, they will accomplish something I would find quite unfathomable:

0-3 vs the NFC North at the Zygi Dome.
3-0 vs the NFC North on the Road.

Sheesh.

All Ls though were with Dobbs, Mullens & Hall under center. Cousins started both the Soldier Field & Lambeau contests.

Ok, don't keep Hunter.

But you could have traded him a few weeks back for a low first or high second.
Were there any actual reports Hunter could have fetched that? Also "high" second seems unlikely as only a SB contender would have made such an offer for player who will be 30 next season, thus would presumably be drafting low.

The 49ers got Chase Young for a 3rd Rounder, which will be pick over 100.

I'm not sure if the Vikings would get a compensatory pick if he leaves as a Free Agent anyway, but if so then it completely makes sense to have ridden the season out.

Were there any actual reports Hunter could have fetched that? Also "high" second seems unlikely as only a SB contender would have made such an offer for player who will be 30 next season, thus would presumably be drafting low.

I'm not sure if the Vikings would get a compensatory pick if he leaves as a Free Agent anyway, but if so then it completely makes sense to have ridden the season out.

I was at least somewhat misinformed. I thought it was directly related to the value of the player's contract when he signs with a new team. But it also has to do with the value or number of players going OUT versus that of the players coming IN.

No doubt, Hunter's contract elsewhere would likely be significant, and who knows what they'll be signing for incoming players.

I would have to say it's at least likely that the Vikings would get some compensation in the area of the 3rd round for someone like Hunter departing?

But the Dobbs thing wasn’t sustainable as Ogee pointed out earlier and I’m disappointed that those professionals fell into that Pandora’s Box; I’m a rube and hoped he magically lift us up the playoffs, but Kwesi should have known better - that’s his gig.
i have no trust in Kwesi

But yet here they are working the national stand alone game on Saturday a week after their screw up. Why not put them at I don’t know noon for the jets vs patriots game?
Guessing they tried and the other crews could not make it work? Plans booked in advance?

Or maybe the refs have a union that would not allow it? Wild guessing

If the Vikings beat the Lions on Sunday, they will accomplish something I would find quite unfathomable:

0-3 vs the NFC North at the Zygi Dome.
3-0 vs the NFC North on the Road.
Looking at it in a vacuum, devoid of all context is silly.

You don’t think that if the exact teams that played on the road earlier in the season instead had played in USBS that the Vikings wouldn’t have still won? Come on …

“If you didn’t win the Super Bowl, then you should’ve traded every all star player you have for as many high draft picks as you could’ve gotten.”
- kg21

This league is amazing. Our ref is a moron, but you should have known that so you should not have tried to “confuse” him. If only there was a microphone on say maybe the head referee that caught this conversation on it and it could simply be played to show Detroit lied about the whole thing. My guess it existed and shows the ref is a moron so the tape has been destroyed.
Blame:

33% ref
67% Lions

For being too cute and too deceptive, and then continuing to go for it!!! That call didn’t end the game!!

Fake outragers don’t want that part discussed :rolleyes:

The middle of this offensive line is getting destroyed yet again.
:ROFLMAO:

No they aren’t.

The two bad sacks were given up by golden boy Darrisaw, against a guy who hasn’t won a single accolade in the League. (He was All-SEC at Miss State in 2014 though)

Where is the line in the sand that you change your tune to “OK, that season was worth it for the lower draft pick we’ll have because of our place” ??
Still waiting for @kg21 to answer above.

Guaranteed he won’t. Takes away his ability to troll if he is pinned down to a real position.

“If you didn’t win the Super Bowl, then you should’ve traded every all star player you have for as many high draft picks as you could’ve gotten.”
- kg21
Picking 22 is just as good as 10
-Mpls

Even without Kirk, this is still a good team.
-Mpls

The Vikings will not pick wide receiver in the first round, 2023. Stop obsessing about it, Kg.
-Mpls

I will not be watching this week.
-Mpls

Looking at it in a vacuum, devoid of all context is silly.

You don’t think that if the exact teams that played on the road earlier in the season instead had played in USBS that the Vikings wouldn’t have still won? Come on …
That's why I provided the addition information with regards to the Starting QBs. That is the very definition of context.

By "unfathomable" before any games were played, if one said any NFL team would go 0-3 at Home against their Divisions foes and 3-0 on the Road as truly remarkable. I would be truly surprised if it's ever happened in NFL history, regardless of circumstances.

With that said, even with a back-up/3rd or 4th stringer, I was expecting to the Vikings to win at least one of those Home games, if not two. 2 of 3 would have punched their ticket to the playoffs. Even 1 victory would have had their post season hopes firmly within their grasp.

That's why I provided the addition information with regards to the Starting QBs. That is the very definition of context.

By "unfathomable" before any games were played, if one said any NFL team would go 0-3 at Home against their Divisions foes and 3-0 on the Road as truly remarkable. I would be truly surprised if it's ever happened, regardless of circumstances.

With that said, even with a back-up/3rd or 4th stringer, I was expecting to the Vikings to win at least one of those Home games, if not two. 2 of 3 would have punched their ticket to the playoffs. Even 1 victory would have had their post season hopes firmly within their grasp.
Not a worthwhile way to analyze things.

Still waiting for @kg21 to answer above.

Guaranteed he won’t. Takes away his ability to troll if he is pinned down to a real position.
When you can make a legitimate run?

You literally thought we could. Yes, I'm laughing at that.

They were for a short time. You didn’t predict otherwise
4-4 with Kirk

I kept being scolded for not being on the bandwagon by someone. History gets altered all the time. LOL

Started 1-4.

Was told we need to sink the ship right then and there. No team ever … blah blah blah

Then 4-4 shut you the hell up
If we'd have sunk it right there, we might be picking 3rd or 4th.

One can only dream.

Picking 22 is just as good as 10
-Mpls

Even without Kirk, this is still a good team.
-Mpls

The Vikings will not pick wide receiver in the first round, 2023. Stop obsessing about it, Kg.
-Mpls

I will not be watching this week.
-Mpls
I’ve got March 20th in the pool for when the men in the white coats fit you for your new 🧥

Blame:

33% ref
67% Lions

For being too cute and too deceptive, and then continuing to go for it!!! That call didn’t end the game!!

Fake outragers don’t want that part discussed :rolleyes:

It would have given them the lead with like 27 seconds to go. I am not sure the statistics, but I bet the lions win that game 85% of the time. Not eyes they could have not gone for it and played for overtime. That is also assuming the extra point is made, which I bet league average on those is 85%.

Top Bottom