All Things 2023 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Near TD first drive, then TD. Was that it for the meaningful drives he actually had in the game?

Who knows if he had the drives in the first half
We know what we’re getting with Mullens already. Highly unlikely he leads them to anything meaningful. So might as well see what the young guy can do.

It’s easy to play Monday morning QB.

Vikings need to do what ever it can to trade up to the top 3 picks.

Lose next week, draft QB in 1st, best available DT/DE/CB in 2nd. Sign CB with some of the money you saved by not resigning Cousins. Drafting Kyle Hamilton instead of Cine sure would have made the future of this defense look much better.

Any chance McCarthy or Nix falls to them in the second? If that looks like a viable outcome (both of their mocks are a bit all over the place), then take Latu in the first if he’s still there. That dude is legit.

Last edited:

That the coaching staff thought it was a good idea to start Hall.

Egg on their face, egg on howeda’s face.

It makes no difference who we started. Losing was best case scenario.....so mission accomplished.

When Jim Souhan admits he F'ed up ... you have no leg to stand on.

He also added this tidbit, be interesting what folks here think:

What the 2023 Vikings have proved is that sometimes there isn't a solution — unless you want to go back to the turn of the decade and have former General Manager Rick Spielman stick with Jake Browning instead of drafting Kellen Mond.

Spielman's obsession with Mond cost the Vikings Browning, who has generally played well in relief of the injured Joe Burrow in Cincinnati.

Browning would probably have this team in the playoffs. He was better than Mond, and he's better than the Vikings' current backups. So is Cleveland's Joe Flacco, who almost retired last offseason.

Wilfs screwed up by not going for a total rebuild when zim and spielman were fired

that is really the issue here.

when KOC and KAM were hired, the owners of the team told them "no rebuild." the owners of the team said they expected the team to be in the playoffs.

that essentially tied the hands of the GM and HC. it forced them to make short-term moves instead of planning for the long-term future of the team. and this season is the result.

for the people saying "but they looked good last year" - the Vikes were 11-0 in one-score games last season. this year, they are 6-8. live on the edge, die on the edge.

if the roof is leaking, you can slap some patches on there and get by for a while - or you can replace the roof. it's time for the Vikings to replace the roof.

this team has more needs and more holes than they can possibly fill in one off-season. it's time for the Wilfs to face reality.

when KOC and KAM were hired, the owners of the team told them "no rebuild." the owners of the team said they expected the team to be in the playoffs.

that essentially tied the hands of the GM and HC. it forced them to make short-term moves instead of planning for the long-term future of the team. and this season is the result.

for the people saying "but they looked good last year" - the Vikes were 11-0 in one-score games last season. this year, they are 6-8. live on the edge, die on the edge.

if the roof is leaking, you can slap some patches on there and get by for a while - or you can replace the roof. it's time for the Vikings to replace the roof.

this team has more needs and more holes than they can possibly fill in one off-season. it's time for the Wilfs to face reality.
I’m not sure. We win 2-3 more games with Kurt at QB. That puts us at 10-6 or 9-7. You have to be awfully lucky these days to survive the number one QB missing 2/3 of a season. As we have seen first hand, backups are uneven. Turnovers cost us huge this season.

I get the sentiment, but I'm not sure I completely agree with how you see the state of things.

First, every team in the NFL has holes all over the roster. Every one of them.

The way Cousins was playing, you could make a compelling argument that the last 5 games they lost since he got injured, the Vikings would have won. Five games. Crappy teams, outside of the Lions. Would they have been good enough to damage in the playoffs? Probably not, but the conversation would be a lot different right now if they were 12-4.

The only thing "blowing it all up" guarantees is that you'll be bad for a little bit. You still have to draft really well, make good FA signings, and get lucky.

Don't get me wrong; I could live with that avenue if that's the way they wanted to go. But I can guarantee you nobody in the building wants to do that. Nobody. Not KOC, not KAM, not the Wilfs, and not the players.

I’m not sure. We win 2-3 more games with Kurt at QB. That puts us at 10-6 or 9-7. You have to be awfully lucky these days to survive the number one QB missing 2/3 of a season. As we have seen first hand, backups are uneven. Turnovers cost us huge this season.

At least going into the last week or two, Vikings were 31st in the league in TO's. Can't win like that. Not even close. And they were there from the beginning, not just since Cousins went out

The Vikings and every NFL franchise in general are for-profit businesses.

The Wilfs/owners are under exactly zero obligation to cost themselves $100M of their own money by doing a 1-16 sabotage year, just to attempt a rebuild.

From a business standpoint, it is correct that the Vikings always aim for .500 or better.

Wilfs screwed up by not going for a total rebuild when zim and spielman were fired

I disagree. They were a playoff team last season and would have been again this season if Kirk stays healthy.

The QBs in the last two drafts have been mostly terrible, and that's the only reason to purposely tank. The QBs in this draft should be better, but I think they were overrated quite a bit at the beginning of the college season. I don't think Williams and Maye are locks to be stars.

Yes, and then we lose the first playoff and draft 23rd.

Damn, it would have been so awesome.

This defense has had it's wheels blown off the last part of the season. They are not even competitive.

I was totally against it before, but I'd listen to offers for Jefferson. You can't compete with defense like we have seen lately. The holes are massive.

We continue to lose the battle in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

Cine - 1st round 30th pick
(Hamilton not only pro bowl player, may be all pro.)
Booth - 2nd round 12th pick
Aasamoah - 3rd round 2nd pick

Hurts us immensely that these are all flops. Evans and Blackmon question marks as well. Credit to Kwesi for Pace, but he is certainly no pro bowl player.

This defense has had it's wheels blown off the last part of the season.
Is Murphy that good???

I don’t understand how our coverage went so badly to dogs__t.

Average, run of the mill guys for Green Bay running completely uncovered.

Cine - 1st round 30th pick
(Hamilton not only pro bowl player, may be all pro.)
Booth - 2nd round 12th pick
Aasamoah - 3rd round 2nd pick

Hurts us immensely that these are all flops. Evans and Blackmon question marks as well. Credit to Kwesi for Pace, but he is certainly no pro bowl player.
Rap show!

Top Bottom