All Things 2023 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Apparently Hall gives us the best chance.
That's what the coaching staff says, no other explanation needed.

Only objectively wrong move would have been to start Hall over Mullens if they actually thought Mullens would give better chance to win. Didn't happen here

Their D is 3rd in yards allowed this season, and were 5th last season after being dead last in Saleh's first season. And that's with having the worst offense in the NFL this season and the 25th ranked offense last season.

Their defense is constantly on the field, yet remains one of the best in the NFL which has been a huge shift from year 1 to year 3 under Saleh. Even an average NFL QB completely changes that team.

I don't know what to tell you. We can both cherry pick defensive stats back and forth all day. The Jets are hanging around 16th in Points per game allowed and 20th in 3rd down conversions allowed, two pretty important defensive metrics to winning.

I'm looking at the body of work, including team success, W-L record, how the team responds, the stupid shit he says in pressers, has the team given up (last night would indicate a resounding YES), et al.

We can disagree, I'm cool with that. I don't think he knows what he's doing as an HC, and honestly I wasn't sold on his record as a DC in SF, considering the litany of 1st round talent he had to work with. He was a quota hire, and there's nothing wrong with that. I just don't think it's working.

I don't know what to tell you. We can both cherry pick defensive stats back and forth all day. The Jets are hanging around 16th in Points per game allowed and 20th in 3rd down conversions allowed, two pretty important defensive metrics to winning.

I'm looking at the body of work, including team success, W-L record, how the team responds, the stupid shit he says in pressers, has the team given up (last night would indicate a resounding YES), et al.

We can disagree, I'm cool with that. I don't think he knows what he's doing as an HC, and honestly I wasn't sold on his record as a DC in SF, considering the litany of 1st round talent he had to work with. He was a quota hire, and there's nothing wrong with that. I just don't think it's working.
I'm not sure what's so hard to understand, if Saleh is canned (& Hackett with him) then Rodgers retires or he essentially hand picks the successor, which could be really bad.

The Ownership sees keeping Saleh and thus Rodgers with the same system as the better option and want to see what happens beyond him playing 1 series.

If it fails in 2024 they are out the door.

Is 16th in points allowed that bad when you're 2nd in the league in giveaways? You have to factor in how bad the offense is when determining how good the defense is. Overall there is no argument that the Jets defense has significantly improved since Saleh arrived. Saying he has accomplished nothing there is just wrong.

They were bad last night and I have no idea yet if Saleh is the right answer long term. But firing coaches who never had a QB in a QB driven league is malpractice, especially when they were expecting to have one this season.

How many coaches have looked great when they have a QB and terrible when they don't? Pretty much every one of them in the NFL.

How many coaches have looked great when they have a QB and terrible when they don't? Pretty much every one of them in the NFL.
Bill Belichick for one. All the more crazy what is going on in Cleveland right now. That team is a veritable dumpster fire at QB, yet they keep winning. Watson x5, Dorian Thompson-Robinson x3, Phillip Walker x3, Joe Flacco x5. They have a good defense, but still, that's crazy.

P
I'm not sure what's so hard to understand, if Saleh is canned (& Hackett with him) then Rodgers retires or he essentially hand picks the successor, which could be really bad.

The Ownership sees keeping Saleh and thus Rodgers with the same system as the better option and want to see what happens beyond him playing 1 series.

PA says Rodgers might come to MN

Bill Belichick for one. All the more crazy what is going on in Cleveland right now. That team is a veritable dumpster fire at QB, yet they keep winning. Watson x5, Dorian Thompson-Robinson x3, Phillip Walker x3, Joe Flacco x5. They have a good defense, but still, that's crazy.
I like KOC, but the Vikings almost moving on from Zim to promote Stafanski in 2019 but not pulling the trigger reeks of Denny Green/Tony Dungy Part II more and more.

Cleveland fortunately caught lightning in a bottle with Flacco down the stretch, otherwise they might have a much more similar record to the Vikings right now. As good as a job Stefanski has done this season, he was under .500 and missed the playoffs the last two seasons without a healthy, quality QB.

That's what the coaching staff says, no other explanation needed.

Only objectively wrong move would have been to start Hall over Mullens if they actually thought Mullens would give better chance to win. Didn't happen here
amazing how in 7 days that all changes!

Is 16th in points allowed that bad when you're 2nd in the league in giveaways? You have to factor in how bad the offense is when determining how good the defense is. Overall there is no argument that the Jets defense has significantly improved since Saleh arrived. Saying he has accomplished nothing there is just wrong.

They were bad last night and I have no idea yet if Saleh is the right answer long term. But firing coaches who never had a QB in a QB driven league is malpractice, especially when they were expecting to have one this season.

Well, Stefanksi is doing pretty well in Cleveland, on his 4th QB; a guy that called the Jets and they hung up on him.

Like I said, for me it goes well beyond the on-field product. He seems f'ng clueless, he's an idiot in his pressers, I don't get the feeling the team is behind him at all, he seems to lack leadership, etc.

Anyway, at the end of the day, who cares about the Jets? There are a ton of HC's in the league that don't belong, and there will be a TON of openings this offseason, and more than likely another slew of stupid hires.

This team/franchise's problems go way, way, Way beyond the QB position. The fish stinks from the head down. For the reasons you mentioned, keeping the status quo kinda sorta maybe makes sense but I think we'll continue to see the same shit next season. Maybe Rodgers can get them to 9-8?

There's an epidemic of bad, BAD Head Coaching across the league, it's frightening. Shit, I'm still not convinced LaFleur or Zac Taylor know what the hell they are doing but their QBs have done enough to convince their FO's to keep them around.

I'm all in for the Lions now.

Dan Campbell has balls

Yep, just gotta love the Vikings luck. Detroit will be locked into the 3 seed and rest all their starters in week 17.

We get the worthless win.

Oh, joy!

Can anybody objectively tell me what happened with the failed 2 point conversion?

Can anybody objectively tell me what happened with the failed 2 point conversion?
The ref said 70 reported as eligible even though he was 15 yards away and #68 was talking to him. #68 catches the pass and is called for illegal touching for not being ruled eligible. Reffing is a joke and it causes hundreds of millions of dollars to change hands.

The refs screwed up royally and probably cost the Lions a minimum of 2 home playoff games.

This was the same crew that blew the egregious PI non-call in the Packers-Chiefs game. It cost the Chiefs the game.

Then, John Parry (ex ref ESPN Rules Analyst) shilled for his profession, and made up a bunch of horse schidt on tv after video evidence proves Decker reported.

Moreover, Campbell told the refs exactly what was going to happen on that play before the game.

The refs were informed, the players reported properly, the refs schidt the bed, and John Parry tried to cover for them.

All these rule analysts need to go, or they need to hire analysts who weren't refs. All those guys do is protect the badge. It's disgusting.

The ref said 70 reported as eligible even though he was 15 yards away and #68 was talking to him. #68 catches the pass and is called for illegal touching for not being ruled eligible. Reffing is a joke and it causes hundreds of millions of dollars to change hands.
The refs screwed up royally and probably cost the Lions a minimum of 2 home playoff games.

This was the same crew that blew the egregious PI non-call in the Packers-Chiefs game. It cost the Chiefs the game.

Then, John Parry (ex ref ESPN Rules Analyst) shilled for his profession, and made up a bunch of horse schidt on tv after video evidence proves Decker reported.

Moreover, Campbell told the refs exactly what was going to happen on that play before the game.

The refs were informed, the players reported properly, the refs schidt the bed, and John Parry tried to cover for them.

All these rule analysts need to go, or they need to hire analysts who weren't refs. All those guys do is protect the badge. It's disgusting.
Thank you x 2

Top Bottom