All Things 2023 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

I may be in the minority but I think the Achilles thing is overblown a little bit, especially in 2023-2024. I would buy that concern a lot more if Cousins was a QB that relied HEAVILY on mobility and escapability, but that's not his game. He stands in the pocket, moves in the pocket, delivers the football; occasionally he scampers for a few yards.

I torn mine a few years later in life than Cousins tore his and 6-7 years AFTER that I started competing in triathlons. It's not a career-ending injury today by any stretch at all.

That's not to say that I know what I want them to do with Cousins, the jury is still out for me on that one. Obviously it depends on the number and the duration. I guess we'll find out soon enough?

Yes, exactly.

The achilles injury will probably be a non-factor in 2024.

Wonnum is out for the year too. Just go with Hall to see what we have in him at this point.

Apparently they are replacing the turf because it's so bad. The injuries are ridiculous.

Wonnum is out for the year too. Just go with Hall to see what we have in him at this point.

Apparently they are replacing the turf because it's so bad. The injuries are ridiculous.

well, a noted football expert told me that Mullens is better than Hall. said expert is my 9-year old Great Nephew. according to his dad, this kid lives for football. I gave him a shirt from the Pro Football Hall of Fame that is too small for me. (must not have followed the washing instructions....)

Kirk blew his Achilles for the first time in his life at 35, after playing how many games on the USBS turf, .... playing on ..... natural grass!

WHAAAAAT???!?!?!?!?!

UNPOSSIBLE! YOU CAN'T GET HURT ON NATURAL GRASS!!

The Vikings after going 8-1 in in the 2022 Regular Season at home in the Zygi Dome are now 2-5 this season.
Won 11 one-score games in 2022?

Previous Tweet says 2021 was 14 one-score games, obviously we know we lost a fair amount of those.

Now 2023 is 14 one-score games, with two to go.

Will I give a 35 year old QB coming off a blown achilles a multi year guaranteed contact? No.
And there it is, kiss of death.

Regardless of the validity of logic employed, I have not seen a poster be wrong more than you on your takes.

Kirk will get a multi-year deal. Take it to the bank, howeda has spoken

Start Hall the last two games.
Corrected version:

start whomever gives us the best chance to beat the Packers. Plain and simple, that's the Super Bowl. Last home game. Fans deserve a win.

Maybe it limps us in at 7th seed, maybe not. Out of our hands. Only objectively correct thing to do: try to win the game.

Then win Week 18. Just to F with the tankers.

And there it is, kiss of death.

Regardless of the validity of logic employed, I have not seen a poster be wrong more than you on your takes.

Kirk will get a multi-year deal. Take it to the bank, howeda has spoken
That was my opinion, not a prediction. Learn to read.

Corrected version:

start whomever gives us the best chance to beat the Packers. Plain and simple, that's the Super Bowl. Last home game. Fans deserve a win.

Maybe it limps us in at 7th seed, maybe not. Out of our hands. Only objectively correct thing to do: try to win the game.

Then win Week 18. Just to F with the tankers.
I don't think Hall can really do much worse and you get a better idea if he's a viable backup option next year.

O'Connell just finished a presser and didn't commit to Mullens for Sunday. With all the injuries on top of Mullen's interceptions our prospects of making the playoffs are bleak indeed. Why not get a look at the young guy.

Kirk blew his Achilles for the first time in his life at 35, after playing how many games on the USBS turf, .... playing on ..... natural grass!

WHAAAAAT???!?!?!?!?!

UNPOSSIBLE! YOU CAN'T GET HURT ON NATURAL GRASS!!
I don't think the Hockenson ACL-MCL injury was Zygi Dome turf related either. Got his knee blown up by a hard low hit. Unfortunate, bad timing.

with all of the injuries piling up, the whole issue of "tanking" might be moot.

the Vikings' #1 concern right now is just finding enough healthy players to piece together a lineup.

the Packers are certainly going to be going all-out in search of a playoff spot.
after that, the Lions could be playing for the best overall record and #1 seed in the playoffs.

so the Vikes could be trying their best and still wind up dropping the last two games.

The Athletic has both the Vikes and the Pack with a 28% to make the playoffs, while Seattle and Rams are at 60%.

I don't think the Hockenson ACL-MCL injury was Zygi Dome turf related either. Got his knee blown up by a hard low hit. Unfortunate, bad timing.

👍

That was the very definition of a contact related injury, the non-contact like Kirk’s are the issue.

I have some sympathy for the idea that natural grass is superior ...... IF the field is actually in good condition.

So often, it is not anything of the sort.

Even in LV, which has a dedicated tray rolling system to put the grass out in the sun every day it's not in use ..... doesn't matter, field was still dogS__. Leber was saying the endzones were painted dirt.

And so, to me a s___ty grass field is worse.

The Athletic has both the Vikes and the Pack with a 28% to make the playoffs, while Seattle and Rams are at 60%.

The Rams are playing some really good football, with a roster full of rookies and old players. McVay should be one of the front-runners for COY, and I'm not one who has ever been a huge fan. What he's done there is remarkable.

Stefanksi doing a pretty damn good job in Cleveland also. Another team on their 4th QB or whatever it is, and they just keep humming along, 10-5

On the other end of the spectrum, it's unfathomable that the Jets are going to give Saleh another year. What does he have to do to prove he has no leadership skills or HC ability whatsoever?

On the other end of the spectrum, it's unfathomable that the Jets are going to give Saleh another year. What does he have to do to prove he has no leadership skills or HC ability whatsoever?

At this point the only thing that would get him canned is having Rodgers turn on him, IMO.

Jaire Alexander suspended by the Packers and won't play this weekend.

He's a defensive coach and he took over the worst defense in the NFL his first season, and they have been top 5 the last two seasons.

He hasn't had a QB since he's been there, and deserves a shot with a real one. The Jets would be a playoff team if Rodgers was healthy, just like the Vikings would be if Cousins was healthy.

The Rams are playing some really good football, with a roster full of rookies and old players. McVay should be one of the front-runners for COY, and I'm not one who has ever been a huge fan. What he's done there is remarkable.

Stefanksi doing a pretty damn good job in Cleveland also. Another team on their 4th QB or whatever it is, and they just keep humming along, 10-5
Cleveland is a team who can give anyone trouble now and I’m happy for Flaxo to be shining again and gets to have this type of run at this point in his career. He called the Jets when Rodgers got hurt and they passed 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Agreed.

The Jet fans are almost as delusional as Woody Johnson, see I and the rest of the world will listen to more Sharon Rodgers nonsense for another off season and he’ll inevitably get hurt again as that OL is trash 🗑️ and I will be chuckling again.

Saleh is another example of a coordinator who isn’t fit to be an HC. A healthy Rodgers does nothing to change that, except delay his firing by a year.

Last edited:

Top Bottom