All Things 2023 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

One of the NFC South teams by rule must be declared a Division winner. All the others fighting for 2 spots. Vikes 1 up in the L column on all who already have 7 Ls except the Packers who play the Giants tomorrow.

Let's go, Tommy DeVito!! I actually think this will be a competitive game, the Giants seem to have at least played a little bit better in recent weeks

Yep, some poster was saying he was yelling about that and he was right. I thought it was a downfield pass interference call.

It wasn't even a close off sides call.

I thought Mahomes was going to cry. They are falling apart. I love it.
What a baby

Today I get it. You wanted Muellens there if you were trying to win. I think Hall should be QB2 going forward and start if they fall out of it.

Yes. You play/start someone like Hall when he has the entire week to prepare as the starter. I would expect Mullens to play a fair amount better next week after preparing the entire week coming up as the starter, starter reps, etc.

Are people upset at the call or because the flag called back “greatness” as Mahomes is calling it? I also love the “I am not upset about it personally. I am upset about it from a fans perspective. The fans deserve to have that play stand”

So if a flag is not thrown you don’t think Buffalo Bills Twitter is putting screen shots of Toney being lined up and calling the nfl rigged for Kansas City.

What is not to be missed it’s another weekend of nfl football with just some godawful football games and yet all anyone is gonna talk about tomorrow is various nfl games, calls vs non calls, and their fantasy team. nfl gonna nfl and keep printing money.

I would think that has to be the first scoreless half in a dome as well as a 3-0 game. Just a guess.
It was the first 3-0 game to be played in a dome. All but 1 of the previous 6 in the Super Bowl era were played in November or December, so weather was likely an issue.

Even the KC @ TB game in 1979 I remember was played in a monsoon. It clinched the NFC Central for them. They won despite turning the ball over 7 times.

Great play by the holder on the winning FG.

Disney/ABC was desperately trying to move NFL viewers to Peacock so they could eventually have more paying customers there. It's not been a real success for them.

The NFL and the fans rebelled so ABC reluctantly started to put a few games back on ABC. Guessing it was more about the NFL owners than the fans.
Disney owns peacock now?

Disney/ABC was desperately trying to move NFL viewers to Peacock so they could eventually have more paying customers there. It's not been a real success for them.

The NFL and the fans rebelled so ABC reluctantly started to put a few games back on ABC. Guessing it was more about the NFL owners than the fans.
Why would Disney/ABC want viewers to sign up for Peacock which is an NBCUniversal owned streaming service?

Disney moved a few MNF games to ABC in the past couple of years. They ramped it up this season to fill the programming holes by the Writers and SAG-AFTRA Strikes.

None of that has anything to do with why there are 2 games this week. I think it is mostly a hedge to give them a better chance that at least 1 of the games would have play-off implications, thus generate interest.

Years past, Disney/ABC had been paying as much or more than the other networks and were getting some huge clunkers, especially late in the season that really meant squat. My take was they asked for and received some scheduling benefits like multiple games and ability to flex.

Last edited:

I noticed this live. Normally not a huge deal but in that game every yard counted.

I notice some weird shit sometimes and I notice the spot of the ball a lot. There were some generous spots in yesterday's game, on both sides and in some pretty crucial spots, surprised they weren't challenged

Disney owns peacock now?

Opps. My mistake.

Actually started typing NBC and then remembered that the game is on ABC.

The thing is both ABC and NBC are trying to move their viewers to paying/streaming services.

The NFL Owners and fans wanting to keep the game on free TV still apples.

Disney doesn't own Peacock.

ABC showed a simulcast of the ESPN broadcast because of the writers' strike. ABC didn't have any new, original programming, so it put football on instead of a rerun.

The Wild and the Vikings both won games yesterday by the same score. Knew that but, never looked it up, but figured it was the first time that happened.

Dan Patrick just mentioned that it was the 2nd time. That the Dallas Stars and the Cowboys also did it but they were 6-0 games.

Glass half empty, Vikings defense only allowed 12 points in the past 2 weeks without yielding a TD, yet still only went 1-1 which still has them 2 games behind Detroit, tied with Green Bay in the L column and in a fight for a Wild Card.

Glass half full, despite the Vikings only putting up 13 points in the past 2 weeks they managed to go 1-1, control their own destiny for the NFC North and currently sit with a playoff spot as the 6th seed.

Both are valid.

Presumably, Minnesota will be starting their 4th different QB over 7 games in under 2 months.

Yikes.

Opps. My mistake.

Actually started typing NBC and then remembered that the game is on ABC.

The thing is both ABC and NBC are trying to move their viewers to paying/streaming services.

The NFL Owners and fans wanting to keep the game on free TV still apples.
It's not all one reason, but the main reason that Disney moved a bunch of MNF games to airing on both ABC and ESPN is because of the actors strike. ABC was desperate for primetime programming so co-airing and having a couple of exclusive MNF games on ABC made sense. They didn't even announce this until right before the season. They did a few games last year but are airing almost all of them on both networks this year.

ESPN is planning to launch a stand alone streaming option in the next couple years, but it really has nothing to do with the current year MNF broadcasts.

Edit: Ope/TS beat me to it.

Last edited:

The Wild and the Vikings both won games yesterday by the same score. Knew that but, never looked it up, but figured it was the first time that happened.

Dan Patrick just mentioned that it was the 2nd time. That the Dallas Stars and the Cowboys also did it but they were 6-0 games.
Shouldn't count anyway. The Dallas Stars are frauds. And Norm still sucks.

The Vikings operating with this caliber defense and Cousins under center would be an NFC contender.

If only ifs and buts....

"I consider Justin day-to-day with a good chance to hopefully be playing with us on Saturday in Cincinnati," O'Connell said.

Jefferson will presumably be limited in practice this week, but it sounds like he has a real chance to not miss any additional time after taking a scary hit against the Raiders. He's undoubtedly going to do everything he can to be available for Saturday's game against the Bengals, who are led by his old LSU teammate Ja'Marr Chase..

O'Connell also confirmed that Brian O'Neill and Alexander Mattison are dealing with ankle injuries, putting their status for Saturday in question. Jalen Nailor is in the concussion protocol..

Top Bottom