All Things 2023 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

I don't understand how KOC was using Dobbs. Dobbs was at his best when he was scrambling around, improvising, using his feet, etc. As time goes on, KOC is taking those types of opportunities away and trying to make him into a Cousins-type of pocket passer. How many designed runs has he had in the past two games? Never moving the pocket around to get him moving despite horrible protection. Dobbs looked like Cousins out there just sitting on the pocket as he is swallowed up and sacked. Let him get outside and move around I realize that even at his best we will be limited at best, but I just don't it.

View attachment 28924
KOC didn't use him well, but he's also not good. He just doesn't have the decision making or quick release to play QB in the NFL. Sure he can run. So could Joe Webb. I'd rather have Webb in his prime.

I thought the whole thing was funny. I was rooting for a 0-0 overtime tie, just to make history.

seriously, I'm on record that if the Vikings are not going to make the playoffs, I would rather see them lose the rest of their games and get a better draft pick. finishing 9-8 or 8-9 accomplishes nothing.
Too late. They're not getting a top 10 pick even if they lose out. May as well try to make the playoffs. The difference between picking 12th and 18th isn't that big of a deal to me.

The 3rd QB is never active.

That's true, but Hall was dressed and wearing a helmet the entire game. I'm not sure the rules on that, I'm too lazy to look. I think you can dress the "emergency" 3rd QB. Cine was inactive, and wearing street clothes on the sidelines.

That's true, but Hall was dressed and wearing a helmet the entire game. I'm not sure the rules on that, I'm too lazy to look. I think you can dress the "emergency" 3rd QB. Cine was inactive, and wearing street clothes on the sidelines.
He can still play if QB1 and QB2 both get hurt. For that reason he's never active because he's essentially an extra player. You CAN make him active but no one ever does.

KOC didn't use him well, but he's also not good. He just doesn't have the decision making or quick release to play QB in the NFL. Sure he can run. So could Joe Webb. I'd rather have Webb in his prime.

Watching the game, I would have told you the entire game that I felt more confident watching 4th round rookie Aidan O'Connell than I did Dobbs. I was wrong on O'Connell, at least so far. I didn't see him as an NFL QB and I'm not saying he's the long term answer for the Raiders, but the game isn't too big for him, that's for sure. I would say he accounted for himself fairly well against Flores' defensive schemes. His OL is trash in Vegas.

Even more troubling with Dobbs' performance today, for the most part the Raiders defense is Garbage. Aside from Maxx, it's a really shitty defense, and Dobbs still couldn't move the ball.

It's Mullens Time

Too late. They're not getting a top 10 pick even if they lose out. May as well try to make the playoffs. The difference between picking 12th and 18th isn't that big of a deal to me.
Picking 12th to 18th could be huge this year if going for a qb.

He can still play if QB1 and QB2 both get hurt. For that reason he's never active because he's essentially an extra player. You CAN make him active but no one ever does.
The rule was recently changed. I looked it up when Tanner Morgan was on the Practice Squad.

The ol blazer.

I thought the whole thing was funny. I was rooting for a 0-0 overtime tie, just to make history.

seriously, I'm on record that if the Vikings are not going to make the playoffs, I would rather see them lose the rest of their games and get a better draft pick. finishing 9-8 or 8-9 accomplishes nothing.
I think at least 1 NFC Team will make the Wild Card at 9-8.

The Vikings currently have a tie breaker advantage over New Orleans, Atlanta and Green Bay (still a game to play at Home) who are all in the mix, along with Tampa Bay, Seattle as well as LA Rams.Tampa Bay has it over the Vikings.

One of the NFC South teams by rule must be declared a Division winner. All the others fighting for 2 spots. Vikes 1 up in the L column on all who already have 7 Ls except the Packers who play the Giants tomorrow.

Disagree. We won the game and settled the QB question for the rest of the season. Dobbs is out and won’t be back next year. Thanks for the memories. @Ogee Ogilthorpe was right on this guy early on.
Correct. Hopefully this is a turning point.

I, like the rest of fans with any humanity in them were really rooting for this guy to succeed. Great story.

But .... yikes.

He went up like a rocket. Burned so brightly like a star for a short time. Then ... Challenger.

Anyone remember that O'Neill tore his Achilles last season at Green Bay?

Hoping it is not that again, or an aggravation of that.

Quite obviously was out there playing in pain and finally could not withstand anymore. Once Crosby knew he couldn't hold up, he ragdolled him with no remorse.

Bummer. Hope he is not done for the year, that would be a big blow.

Also WTF happened to Ingram??

Let me F'ing guess: these two guys hurt each other in practice on the same unbelievably freak accident.

This is the same old, boring, fake, false stance that every two-bit rube takes.

We would waste the pick. It would be Ryan Leaf. Guaranteed.

100% correct

This is the same old, boring, fake, false stance that every two-bit rube takes.

We would waste the pick. It would be Ryan Leaf. Guaranteed.
You said that last year if we picked a receiver.

Tanking is false. The single-digit pick would be wasted.

Mahomes picked at #10. By a team that went 12-4.

CORRECT

You guys see the ending of the KC-Buffalo game? The whining from KC is ridiculous. He was clearly lined up offsides.

Good, thanks for playing!

No need for you to post here the rest of the season

You guys see the ending of the KC-Buffalo game? The whining from KC is ridiculous. He was clearly lined up offsides.
Yep, some poster was saying he was yelling about that and he was right. I thought it was a downfield pass interference call.

It wasn't even a close off sides call.

I thought Mahomes was going to cry. They are falling apart. I love it.

at Cincy
Detroit
GB
at Detroit
Can we win 3 out of 4? Doubtful. Maybe 2 out of 4 is good enuf?

According to this site, chances to make the playoffs (One NFC South team will make it as division champ.)
GB. 66%
Minn. 65%
TB. 54%
Atl. 43%
LA. 30%
NO. 27%
Sea. 19%

Top Bottom