All Things 2023 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

There is a scenario that tips the entire Viking planet on it's axis, in a good way, and it is just possible:

What if Jaren Hall balls out? Lights it up. Takes the team to the playoffs.

Suddenly, if that happened, you no longer have to worry about Cousins' contract. You don't have to spend a high pick on a QB. Your cap picture improves instantly. You can focus on other positions/needs.

Winston is a turnover machine. Not what the Vikings and this defense needs, to keep putting the Defense back out on the field.

If he was at all available, I'd rather take a flyer on Wentz.

Obviously with Hunter, the Vikings have to ask themselves if they are going to resign (or franchise tag) Hunter in the offseason or not. If they do, then it's just a math equation on the dollars. It's the same question a team trading for him has to answer first also. Compensation also has to be better than the Comp pick the Vikings would get for letting him walk.
Winston only played one season under what I would consider a good offensive coach: 2021 in New Orleans with Sean Peyton. He went 7-2 with 14 TD's and 3 INT's. That gives me hope he could be prevented from being a turnover machine with KOC.

Edit: He also played one year in Tampa under Bruce Arians. 7-9 and 33/30. Not as good, but I think the New Orleans situation is a better comp to the Vikings.

Last edited:

There is a scenario that tips the entire Viking planet on it's axis, in a good way, and it is just possible:

What if Jaren Hall balls out? Lights it up. Takes the team to the playoffs.

Suddenly, if that happened, you no longer have to worry about Cousins' contract. You don't have to spend a high pick on a QB. Your cap picture improves instantly. You can focus on other positions/needs.
You should be an inspirational speaker, Murray! Let's hope you're also a prophet!!! 👍

Very low cost move. Hard to have an issue with it.

Very low cost move. Hard to have an issue with it.
It does nothing for me and I would've preferred to see what we have in Hall the rest of the season. With that said, we gave up virtually nothing and I can appreciate the team doing what they can to try and remain relevant for the loyal fans.

It could be worse...Jordan Love is not our QB.

It does nothing for me and I would've preferred to see what we have in Hall the rest of the season. With that said, we gave up virtually nothing and I can appreciate the team doing what they can to try and remain relevant for the loyal fans.

It could be worse...Jordan Love is not our QB.
Hall will almost certainly start Sunday. If he plays great, or even decent, they might roll with it.

Also 258 yards rushing and 3 TD's. The Vikings haven't had a mobile QB since Culepper really.

Yes. But being mobile doesn't always translate to being able to avoid trouble.

Dobbs, the mobile QB, has been sacked 17 times in 2023, while totaling 266 passing attempts. Roughly 1 sack per 16 pass attempts.

Cousins, the immobile QB, has also been sacked 17 times this season, but in 311 passing attempts. Roughly 1 sack per 18 pass attempts.

I wonder if, sometimes, the mobile QBs have a tendency to hold the ball longer, thinking they can escape via their athleticism, and thus take more sacks. The QBs who can't run might develop the ability/instinct to get the ball out of their hand quicker, since they lack the ability to outrun trouble.

Hall will almost certainly start Sunday. If he plays great, or even decent, they might roll with it.
Exactly. It provides a viable option if Hall isn’t ready/doesn’t perform. Additionally, they needed to add another QB as noted by @Blizzard earlier in the thread.

Yes. But being mobile doesn't always translate to being able to avoid trouble.

Dobbs, the mobile QB, has been sacked 17 times, while having 266 passing attempts. Roughly 1 sack per 16 pass attempts.

Cousins, the immobile QB, has been sacked 17 times this season in 311 passing attempts. Roughly 1 sack per 18 pass attempts.

I wonder if, sometimes, the mobile QBs have a tendency to hold the ball longer, thinking they can escape via their athleticism, and thus take more sacks.
And the quality of Az’s pass blocking to ours is what? Thst variable has to be factored in and I have no clue.

Apparently they traded Ezra Cleveland for a 6th round pick. So the net for the day is Ezra Cleveland for Josh Dobbs and a 7th rounder.

How is this guys accuracy?

Can he throw the deep ball?

Yep. Even if Hall proves to be the man, they needed another QB on the roster.
On ESPN, they stated KOC said this afternoon that Hall is starting on Sunday. They also Dobbs is Uber smart and was traded to The Cards this summer and was ably to pick up their offense in a couple of weeks.

Top Bottom