All Things 2023 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

The big change on offense needs to be Mattison. He's slow, has poor vision, can't break tackles, can't catch, and doesn't have a strong grasp on field positioning as exemplified by failing to sit in the hole of the defense when Cousins missed him in the end zone.

Otherwise, he's great!

Akers and Chandler need to eat up Mattison's PT.
Call the Broncos and see what the price is a Javonte Williams. He is injury prone, so it wouldn't be a 1st round pick. Probably a 3rd. Might be worth it as long as we take care of the Packers this week.

Call the Broncos and see what the price is a Javonte Williams. He is injury prone, so it wouldn't be a 1st round pick. Probably a 3rd. Might be worth it as long as we take care of the Packers this week.
Might not be more than a 6th needed with the deflated RB market and McGlaughlin looking so good for DEN. I like the target, though!

What a game! Defense was outstanding. Cousins was elite. Addison is a stud. OL played well. I didn’t even really notice Ingram which is a good thing. Lots of guys stepping up.
Zero sacks and only 6 QB hurries against the vaunted 9er DLine 🍾🎉💥🙌
Question: When Addison caught that last 3rd down pass with just over 2 minutes left, they declined the penalty. Why didn’t the clock run after that? Addison was in bounds.

Next six games = Vikings are 9-4.

Again, make sure your get your repentance in, or you will not be allowed back in!

Tank trolls just took a massive kick to the nutsack, and I’m rolling on the floor laughing!!! 🤣

I think he will be very selective on where he goes to be a head coach. He got jobbed at Miami and you usually don’t get a third crack at it so better make sure the 2nd crack is the right situation.

Flores didn't get "jobbed" in Miami. By virtually every account he was a horrible human being in the building and in the facilities during his time in Miami. This has been fairly well documented, Dolphins staff members didn't want to be anywhere near him

I don't know why it's such an insult and so terrible to be an elite OC or DC and just maybe not a great fit at HC. An NFL DC/OC makes like $2-$5M per year and there are only 64 of those jobs in the world. Look at guys like Wink Martindale, Jim Johnson and even Fangio. It's okay to be one of the better DC's in the league and make 7 figures a year.

Souhan: Kevin O'Connell's most impressive win gets Vikings back in NFC North race

For one stunning night, the Minnesota Vikings played like the team they were supposed to be all season.

Remember?

Kirk Cousins was supposed to thrive in his second season in the same offense and with the same coaches. Monday night, he shredded the San Francisco 49ers' intimidating defense for 378 yards and two touchdowns in a wire-to-wire 22-17 victory at U.S. Bank Stadium.

The offensive line was supposed to be better, if only because of the in-season signing of guard Dalton Risner. Monday, Risner helped the line keep Cousins from getting sacked against a fierce front seven.

Credit Vikings head coach Kevin O'Connell with a game plan that opened creases in the 49ers' secondary. On Addison's first touchdown catch, Addison, Brandon Powell and tight end T.J. Hockenson were lined up to the left. Hockenson went into motion to bunch with the two receivers, and then Hockenson's shallow route left a linebacker trying to cover Addison. Addison beat him easily for the 20-yard touchdown.

Skol Vikes!!

The Titans appear to be selling. Derrick Henry could be another RB made available.

The Titans appear to be selling. Derrick Henry could be another RB made available.
He's kind of 3 yards and cloud of dust at this point and Mattison already fills that role IMO.

Akers did get used last night and did a fine job.

This is a damn good team.

Just sad how many of you pathetically wanted to tank. Should be ashamed of yourselves.

To answer Ogee’s question above: because there are too few Black HC’s.

I’m just stating what Flores would say, nothing more.

Hopefully no one wants to discuss that here and turn this thread temporarily into a cesspool.

Just sad how many of you pathetically wanted to tank. Should be ashamed of yourselves.

It was a nice win. But - it does not change the underlying issue: the Vikes have to make a decision on the QB position. If they re-sign Cousins, then that decision is made for at least a few years. But there will also be salary-cap implications, especially if they still need to sign Hunter, Jefferson and Darrisaw.

and if they do not re-sign Cousins, then they need another QB - either from free-agency or the draft. Free-agent QB's are expensive. the draft is a cheaper and more long-term solution - but in order to draft a good QB, you need to finish with a poor record, or trade away a lot of assets to move up in the draft order.

that is what some of us have been saying

IF the Vikings are going to make a change at QB, then we would prefer to see them draft the "QB of the future." In order to draft the QB of the future, you need to either finish with a poor record, or trade away assets. so finishing with a poor record for one season can allow a team to set itself up for the future.

If the Vikes go on a run in the playoffs, that's great. But one way or another, the QB question needs to be resolved.

Last edited:

KC drafted Mahomes after going 12-4 that season.

I’ll keep repeating that so long as people keep brandishing the dishonesty that the QB of the future can only be had after a poor record.

If Cousins and the OL can do what they did last night for this year and another two years … why wouldn’t you resign them??

Risner seems to have played well. Sure, trade Cleveland. Darrisaw needs to be, and will, get paid. Ingram getting better. I don’t know honestly on Bradbury but point out where he had an aweful performance last night.

If there is a solid guy to draft either this year or next year with our first, do it. Plan for him to train under Kirk for one or two years before taking over.

Let’s go

I’ll keep repeating that so long as people keep brandishing the dishonesty that the QB of the future can only be had after a poor record.

If Cousins and the OL can do what they did last night for this year and another two years … why wouldn’t you resign them??

Risner seems to have played well. Sure, trade Cleveland. Darrisaw needs to be, and will, get paid. Ingram getting better. I don’t know honestly on Bradbury but point out where he had an aweful performance last night.

If there is a solid guy to draft either this year or next year with our first, do it. Plan for him to train under Kirk for one or two years before taking over.

Let’s go
It's been 45 years since the Vikings have had a franchise qb.

Why haven't they just drafted a Mahomes in any of those years.

I'm all ears!

Let’s go
Wait a minute, Risner played?

KC did not draft Mahomes.

Such a thing clearly, self-evidently isn’t possible.

It didn’t happen. Can’t happen.

Trade JJ. After the season.
giphy.gif

Top Bottom