All Things 2023 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Did they have any theories on why that’s the case? With the rule book highly favoring the offense much more so than it used to, that’s surprising. There have been a number of QBs go down this year which can’t help (add in holdover injuries from last year in Murray as well), but that happens every year.

The first couple weeks would make sense as all the starters are rusty at the beginning of the season due to lack of preseason play. But that should have normalized by this point in the season.

Red Zone efficiency is 100% at the center of the issue. The ineptitude of a lot of teams in getting TD's in the RZ is at all time high.

Michael Lombardi says it's playcalling; it's a copy-cat league, OC's are calling the same thing everyone else is, afraid to deviate from the norm and risk losing their jobs by doing something different. I'm sure there's something to that.

Lots of young OC's in the game today that think they're good "play-callers" and can draw up imaginative plays, but don't know how to actually call a game; understand the flow of the game, make adjustments during the game, or even have a good game plan to start the game.

Just when you think Detroit......................

If you're one that cares about draft position....

Already today, three (3) 1-5 teams won their games to move to 2-5. Certainly not bad news for bottom-feeders jockeying for high draft positions.

Doesn’t really matter for a team that’s about to move up to 3-4. But good to keep in back pocket I suppose.

The Bears finally found themselves a QB.

The Packers are getting beat by Denver.

The Bears finally found themselves a QB.

The Packers are getting beat by Denver.
Back in front with typical Packer luck. First TD should have been ruled an INT. Second was deflected off one WR and caught by the other. But they are not good.

Great day for the tankathon..........Chicago wins, Denver wins, the Giants win, the Patriots win

Too bad that Bear qb didn't start last week. We'd be in the 2 slot currently.

It'll be interesting to watch the Eagles as long as Lane Johnson is out (I forget how long he'll be out?). The stats on with and without Lane Johnson are staggering.

79-47-1 when Johnson is playing

13-22 when Johnson is out. (thought it was 13-25 but whatever)

Means he’s gonna try to gut it out, literally (oblique).

Hopefully he’s of limited utility.

It’s safe to say Addison has arrived
Yes, it's the only positive I was hoping for with JJ out. They have Jefferson, hockenson, and Addison for years.

We will at least be entertaining for years.

I wasn't expecting this tonight. Congrats to the Vikings. I'm posting this at halftime, and I thought we would be smothered on offense.

The red zone offense continues to be really bad. This game shouldn’t be close right now.

Dominating all game. Still gonna lose. #MinnesotaSports.

Full meltdown mode commenced. Why are we running kick-offs out? Moronic.

Of all the crap they throw flags on because they “thought” they say an infraction and you don’t flag this. The ref was a foot away from it.

Top Bottom