All Things 2023 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Ok @Ope3 you have your made up arbitrary definition of “good team”.

MN sports fans are talented in ways they invent to complain.

I’ll take the standard, valid definition of if you make the playoff.

A team starting 1-4 with 3 Losses at home, 3 back in the Loss column has a tall order to make the playoffs. 12 games left, only 5 at home and 7 on the road, several on grass which they do not have a positive track record.

You are also confusing me just stating the situation as "complaining". It just is. 1-4, not good. Their only victory was against winless Carolina.

If they start winning, at least get to .500 by Thanksgiving, then we can circle back. There is a path to that, but games against at Atlanta and home to New Orleans do not seem as easy right now with both sitting at 3-2. Odds are not great in my opinion.

Even this week at Chicago, the Bears are getting the benefit of extra rest having not played since last Thursday. Jefferson is banged up. Uffda.

I admire your blind faith, but from a results orientated viewpoint, they are not good. Mediocre seems like a stretch.

Last edited:

I see. Just search for whichever stat was the lowest and then pretend like that was the key to the game.

Risner is starting soon, right?? That’ll fix it

Oh I see this is your bit where you ignore the original and follow-up posts and throw some nonsensical answer out there to string things along. Thought you were done with that.

A team starting 1-4 with 3 Losses at home, 3 back in the Loss column has a tall order to make the playoffs. 12 games left, only 5 at home and 7 on the road, several on grass which they do not have positive track record.

You are also confusing me just stating the situation as "complaining". It just is. 1-4, not good. Their only victory was against winless Carolina.

If they start winning, at least get to .500 by Thanksgiving, then we can circle back. There is a path to that, but games against at Atlanta and home to New Orleans do not seem as easy right now with both sitting at 3-2. Odds are not great in my opinion.

Even this week at Chicago, the Bears are getting the benefit of extra rest having not played since last Thursday. Jefferson is banged up. Uffda.

I admire your blind faith, but from a results orientated viewpoint, they are not good. Mediocre seems like a stretch.
This week's game is the season. Win @ Chicago and a path to 9-10 wins still exists. Lose and it's time to trade what is tradable.

I tried to find if any teams ever started 1-4 and made the playoffs. results a little spotty.

as of 2016, 12 teams had started 1-4 and made the playoffs. so it has happened.

a few tidbits:
only 1 NFL team ('92 Chargers) started 0-4 and made the playoffs. 5 other teams have started 0-3 and made the playoffs.

on a site called Playoff Status.com - they claim to give probability based on relative team strength. for the Vikings, they predict a 13% chance of making the 1st round.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...-top-5-qb-patriots-add-much-needed-playmaker/

I know it’s way too early to be talking mock drafts, but hey, let’s try something to end this stupid pissing contest about who said the Vikes are “good” and who said they are “acceptable”, because that’s very important.

The reason I’m posting is for a couple reasons- they have Totino’s own Joe Alt going top 6 (sigh), and I totally forgot the Bears own the Panthers pick, as well as their own, and they’re both hideous teams. So this mock has the Bears having both picks 1 and 2, resulting in a pick combo of Caleb Williams and Marvin Harrison. Holy crap, if that’s not a reason to completely throw in the towel and intentionally tank I don’t know what is. Those are some of the closest things you could call “locks” in the NFL in a while. The other options at 2 are pick the best OT prospect, or trade the pick for a kings ransom to a QB hungry team. I’m just taking Harrison and saying “thank you very much”. Then, they can go and flip Fields for additional draft capital. The Bears stinking for so long May have finally paid off.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...-top-5-qb-patriots-add-much-needed-playmaker/

I know it’s way too early to be talking mock drafts, but hey, let’s try something to end this stupid pissing contest about who said the Vikes are “good” and who said they are “acceptable”, because that’s very important.

The reason I’m posting is for a couple reasons- they have Totino’s own Joe Alt going top 6 (sigh), and I totally forgot the Bears own the Panthers pick, as well as their own, and they’re both hideous teams. So this mock has the Bears having both picks 1 and 2, resulting in a pick combo of Caleb Williams and Marvin Harrison. Holy crap, if that’s not a reason to completely throw in the towel and intentionally tank I don’t know what is. Those are some of the closest things you could call “locks” in the NFL in a while. The other options at 2 are pick the best OT prospect, or trade the pick for a kings ransom to a QB hungry team. I’m just taking Harrison and saying “thank you very much”. Then, they can go and flip Fields for additional draft capital. The Bears stinking for so long May have finally paid off.

Until the Bears beat the Vikings on Sunday

Until the Bears beat the Vikings on Sunday
I don’t think the Bears will end up with the no.1 pick on their own accord- they’ll probably end up being in the 4-7 range. However, the Panthers are terrible enough that they’ll quite possibly end up no.1, which of course is hilarious as they then essentially would have given up Caleb Williams, DJ Moore, and 2 second round picks for Bryce Young.

Trading Fields to ATL seems like a sure thing if da Bears land Caleb Williams.

I don’t think the Bears will end up with the no.1 pick on their own accord- they’ll probably end up being in the 4-7 range. However, the Panthers are terrible enough that they’ll quite possibly end up no.1, which of course is hilarious as they then essentially would have given up Caleb Williams, DJ Moore, and 2 second round picks for Bryce Young.
Finally...another Mock Draft nerd like me! 👍

I love Drake Maye, also.

What say you?
He sure looked good against the Gophers. 😐

Williams, Maye, Sanders, Ewers, Penix Jr and Nix is one heck of a QB class for 2024. History says that at most, two (2) of these guys pan out and that's considering Caleb is close to a sure thing.

I'm not feeling it with Jordan Love.

3 picks tonight...........hell, that would basically be Rodgers for a whole season some years.

He sure looked good against the Gophers. 😐

Williams, Maye, Sanders, Ewers, Penix Jr and Nix is one heck of a QB class for 2024. History says that at most, two (2) of these guys pan out and that's considering Caleb is close to a sure thing.
He's 6'4", can run, is hard to bring down, and has a cannon. I like this guy with JJ, Addison, and Hockensen. Of course, I'd go Caleb first.

Good job, Raiders.

I'm not feeling it with Jordan Love.

3 picks tonight...........hell, that would basically be Rodgers for a whole season some years.
They had almost no downfield throws. To have 3 picks when everything is screens and underneath throws, not a good sign. However one game doesn’t a career make. I haven’t seen all their games, but nothing I’ve seen has me shaking in my boots (that they've found yet another HOF QB).

Last edited:

Now that JJ is out for awhile, they should highly consider trading Cousins. This season is over, and it's time to find a young QB in hopes of getting out of this middle ground.

Offense scored a TD without Jefferson.

They'll be just fine.

Ain't nobody being traded.

You lose :)

Offense scored a TD without Jefferson.

They'll be just fine.

Ain't nobody being traded.

You lose :)
The offense is 16th in the league for scoring which is rather pathetic for this offense.

Now they lose Jefferson.

Yep, I'm sensing they will be just fine! LMAO

In my main league, I have the 3rd most overall points out of 12 but am 1-4. I hate fantasy football, LOL.
My main league has 10 teams and we've been together for 33 years. The two (2) Division winners are determined by W-L record but the other playoff teams go to the top four (4) remaining teams with most total points scored during the season regardless of their record or Division.

Total Points is a much greater indicator of success than weekly head-to-head results. How many times over the years have you scored the 2nd most points in the league for the week but lose to the only team that scored more?

Injuries happen every year but Fantasy Football success usually comes down to three (3) things:

1. Nailing the Draft (We do a $200 Salary Cap Auction)

2. Waiver wire activity and management of your Free Agent Budget (FAB)

3. Weekly starting roster decisions

We have a yearly $1,000 Entry Fee. Each year, $5,000 goes to the Super Bowl Champ, $3,000 goes to the Total Points Champ and the other $2,000 goes to the Master Fund.

To win the Master Fund, you need to win the Super Bowl two (2) years in a row. It's been 12 years since we've had a repeat Champ so there's $24,000 in there right now. If nobody wins it after 15 years, each team gets $3,000 and the fund goes back to $0.

Vikings are in good position to continue their competitive tanking season. As long as folks keep buying the games I can't go to, I'm good

Oh I see this is your bit where you ignore the original and follow-up posts and throw some nonsensical answer out there to string things along. Thought you were done with that.
LOL, I have him on ignore. It's posts like this that make me slightly curious to see what he is posting. But, not enough to take him off ignore.

"Though Cousins ranks second in the league in passing yards, he has thrown 192 of his 204 passes with the Vikings tied or trailing. They are 17th in both EPA per play and success rate when dropping back to pass. They rank 20th in red zone success rate. Sunday, after Oliver's fumble, K.J. Osborn and Alexander Mattison dropped passes, while T.J. Hockenson had three go off his hands.

Cousins said afterward he was throwing high too often and blamed himself for rushing through his progression too early on a second-quarter throw that sailed through the middle of the end zone before Osborn was ready for the ball.

There were procedural problems Sunday, too. The Vikings were forced to burn a timeout to avoid a delay of game in the third quarter. In the fourth quarter, they had to take a delay of game penalty because they were out of timeouts as Cousins tried to get Hockenson lined up in the right spot.

"Certainly at times, I feel like there's opportunities to play better," Cousins said. "And when you feel that's the big part of it, then it's very fixable, or it gives you hope, encouragement that we can turn it around because you feel like you have the players in the room to do that and the coaches in the room to do that."

Top Bottom