All Things 2023 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

The Dan Patrick Show called this factoid out earlier this week. Even though the NY Jets & NY Giants each have a victory, neither has run an single offensive play with the lead.

That's amazing 4 games into the season and now the 2nd week of October.

It should be flagged. Similar to calling the astros the stros should be flagged.

^^^^^^ That's interesting, because I never notice Pace Jr. out there.

Why in college football and NFL, is PFF suddenly the bible??

This is some private company.

Guaranteed that not a single team is "farming out" grading their players' tape to this company. But people quote their grades as if they're gospel. Who is actually doing the grading?

Last edited:

Why in college football and NFL, is PFF suddenly the bible??

This is some private company.

Guaranteed that not a single team is "farming out" grading their players' tape to this company. But people quote their grades as if they're gospel. Who is actually doing the grading?
From what I have heard Owner/Chairman Cris Collingsworth explain on sports talk radio, I think it's pretty tuned in to that stuff. I am saying that as someone who does not give one iota about their findings.

Here are their analysts:

Last edited:

Matthew Coller, a media guy from the Twin Cities, has just written a book about PFF: "Football is a Numbers Game: Pro Football Focus and How a Data-Driven approach shook up the sport."

Here's the blurb from Amazon.com:

In the 1980s, Neil Hornsby was one of very few National Football League fans in England. Never one to do anything casually, he began keeping hand-written score sheets of every game using his own tracking system. Soon he'd enlisted some fellow British super fans in his mission to take football information an extra layer deeper.

This was the beginning of Pro Football Focus, an analytics company that now supplies data to all 32 NFL teams and every major broadcasting corporation. PFF player grades appear on the screen during Sunday Night Football broadcasts, and PFF's pioneering research and analysis informs discussions at the highest level, from coaching to drafting to game-planning and player evaluation.

In Football Is a Numbers Game, Matthew Coller chronicles this improbable start-up tale with unprecedented access, exploring the company's origin as a band of obsessive outsiders, its pivotal acquisition by Cris Collinsworth, and its role in the proliferation of data in the NFL and professional sports.

Featuring a cast of memorable characters, this is a portrait of an unlikely business success as well as a behind-the-scenes look at the forces guiding modern NFL teams as they search for a competitive edge.

---Collinsworth became a majority owner of PFF in 2014. the company is now headquartered in Cincinnati.

Sounds like a lot of Vikings season ticket holders are sitting this one out and sold their tickets.

4 of the first 5 opening drives this year have resulted in turnovers.
so the first play was a fumble

The second play of the game against Michigan was a pick six

And the second or third pitch to Altuve was a bomb

Our teams know how to come out of the gate!

I love that we play soft zone on the goal line.

Kielce can make great catches while barely being able to walk but our TE can’t while healthy.

I love that we play soft zone on the goal line.

Kielce can make great catches while barely being able to walk but our TE can’t while healthy.
No matter what we do, we just can't get off the field on defense. Long, clock eating drives is all we do.

Also, I've never seen a team that can literally never make a play on the ball. They just can't knock a ball down, much less pick a ball off. It's just unreal.

Sounds like a lot of Vikings season ticket holders are sitting this one out and sold their tickets.
It's appears about 40-45% Chiefs in the house. Appears similar to Badger faithful in the HHH Dome, circa mid-90s to early 00s.

I said the Vikes would start 0-5. I was close unfortunately

If Harrison smith is PI then that’s PI
"Hey, put your helmet back on buddy! Don't worry, we are picking up the flag."

Can't make it up.

Oh, and we PJ Flecked this half and have no timeouts.

It's seriously hard not to laugh.

I said the Vikes would start 0-5. I was close unfortunately
Damn, I wish we were

number 1 pick in the draft would be there

No JJ in Chicago next week and then on to San Fran.

We could have been 0-7

Just damn

So do you pack it in now with Jefferson hurt. I mean I know you have not played a conference game, but at this point what are the odds of making the playoffs?

"Hey, put your helmet back on buddy! Don't worry, we are picking up the flag."

Can't make it up.

Oh, and we PJ Flecked this half and have no timeouts.

It's seriously hard not to laugh.

Silly. An obvious penalty....and they just let it go.

And the o-line is too shitty to even get off a hail mary.

Minnesota teams...........

Twins.....whatchu got!?

The worst part of the controversial play was this miss. The announcers of course didn’t mention it.

So do you pack it in now with Jefferson hurt. I mean I know you have not played a conference game, but at this point what are the odds of making the playoffs?

Can you trade injured players? JJ might actually get a practice football in a trade.

Top Bottom