All Things 2023 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

So do you pack it in now with Jefferson hurt. I mean I know you have not played a conference game, but at this point what are the odds of making the playoffs?
Next week is the season. If you lose to Chicago it's over.

As bad as the officiating was at the end, they have no one to blame but themselves.

9 drops (10 if you count the one on defense that should have been an INT.

Terrible timeouts. The worst was the one on defense on a 4th down when KC wasn’t even going to run a play.

Hockenson is a huge disappointment. Can he make a contested catch once in awhile?

It’s weird, I actually feel like this is a better team than last year. But they can’t seem to stay out of their own way this season.

As bad as the officiating was at the end, they have no one to blame but themselves.

Terrible timeouts. The worst was the one on defense on a 4th down when KC wasn’t even going to run a play.

Hockenson is a huge disappointment. Can he make a contested catch once in awhile?

It’s weird, I actually feel like this is a better team than last year. But they can’t seem to stay out of their own way this season.
This is why I'd love to lose out, get the top qb, use Cousins money on defense. We'd be back in no time.

Won't happen, but we aren't being embarrassed. We are right there.

preparing myself for KOC’s robot voice on the fan tomorrow.

Lose to the Bears and we'd be picking 2nd......heading to San Francisco

:ROFLMAO:

We lose 20-27 to reigning Super Bowl champs and some of you just straight lying at this point.

This team ain’t done by a long shot.

This is a damn good football team.

Don’t turn the ball over so much and very very easily 3-2, who knows maybe 4-1.

We lose 20-27 to reigning Super Bowl champs and some of you just straight lying at this point.

A damn good football team!

The math gets tough. Still have to play San Francisco, Cincy, Detroit twice. And the Lions look good. So a wild card is the only path probably.

SF sure.

You’re worried about Cincy??

We can beat the Lions and win the North.

The problem is good teams don’t turn the ball over. Good teams also get off the field on 3rd down. This is an average team, which most nfl teams are. That’s what the nfl is so popular cause anyone can beat anyone on any Sunday.

If average means not incredibly good, sure, using that made up definition.

Indeed, the NFL made it a specific strategy to actually try to prevent a couple teams from being incredible and giving the rest no chance.

That’s why it’s the best by a long shot.

The Vikings aren’t incredibly good, but then neither is any team they’ve played so far.

Five games, five one score games.

Indeed, the NFL made it a specific strategy to actually try to prevent a couple teams from being incredible and giving the rest no chance.

The Vikings aren’t incredibly good, but then neither is any team they’ve played so far.

The Vikings aren't incredibly good.

Up above you called them a damn good football team.

You need to make up your mind

in·cred·i·ble
/inˈkredəb(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: incredible

impossible to believe.

Good teams do not lose 3 straight 1 score teams at home, in my opinion.

The timeout problems for both the Gophers and the Vikings has been inexplicable.

As for the "drops"? Yes, far too many drops. Though someone should also tell Cousins that all his receivers aren't 7' tall. It's probably a combo of pressure, waiting far too long for a receiver to clear and constantly throwing into a crowd. Just tired of watching a receiver have to reach back or worse, leap and barely get a hand on a ball and seeing it called a drop.

Vikings offensive line is terrible. Their defensive line can't get much pressure. Their defensive backs too often seem clueless. Their QB doesn't do his reads when he does get time to throw. Finally hardly anybody on offense or defense can catch the ball.

They've earned the record they have.

Last edited:

Vikings OL not terrible. This is a lazy excuse, at this point. Cousins is not mobile, and holding onto the ball for 4+ seconds is going to be a sack in the NFL. Last play was on Cousins, not the OL.

Ingram still starting. Wanna be GM's where are you???

Vikings DL sacked Mahomes yesterday??? Or did I make that up??

Losing at home to Tampa and LAC is regrettable and caused by mistakes/errors far more than the other team beating us.

NFL sends us to Philly on a Thursday after a Sunday. Come on. We did win on the road in Carolina.

Third home game was KC, and were right there.

"Three straight at home" is just some arbitrary made up thing. Doesn't mean anything.

Vikings OL not terrible. This is a lazy excuse, at this point. Cousins is not mobile, and holding onto the ball for 4+ seconds is going to be a sack in the NFL. Last play was on Cousins, not the OL.

Ingram still starting. Wanna be GM's where are you???

Vikings DL sacked Mahomes yesterday??? Or did I make that up??

Losing at home to Tampa and LAC is regrettable and caused by mistakes/errors far more than the other team beating us.

NFL sends us to Philly on a Thursday after a Sunday. Come on. We did win on the road in Carolina.

Third home game was KC, and were right there.

"Three straight at home" is just some arbitrary made up thing. Doesn't mean anything.
You've mentioned the sending the Vikings to Philadelphia repeatedly on a Thursday. Last year they had extra rest and went there on a Monday and were beat down. I don't think they can beat the Eagles any day of the week there, and very skeptical they could do it at home any day of the week.

The "three straight at home" does not mean anything? Good teams don't lose 3 home games period during the course of a regular season, much less all in a row by less than 1 score.

The are what the record say they are, 1-4, trailing the NFC North leaders by 3 in the loss column.

Ok @Ope3 you have your made up arbitrary definition of “good team”.

MN sports fans are talented in ways they invent to complain.

I’ll take the standard, valid definition of if you make the playoff.

So was your reading of the post. If you think the OL hasn't been playing badly you need to check with the running backs who often seem to be reaching an OL that hasn't created a hole for them. Or even worse they are getting hit behind the line of scrimmage.

Even odder is you seem to have thought the post you responded to was praising Cousins.

Do better.

I see. Just search for whichever stat was the lowest and then pretend like that was the key to the game.

Risner is starting soon, right?? That’ll fix it

Top Bottom