All Things 2023 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Heard some crazy stats about the Vikings on a podcast today.

The Vikings have turned the ball over 6 times in the Red Zone this year;

They've had 7 fumbles already this year

They've turned the ball over FOUR (4) times inside the 10 yd line

That is a recipe for disaster, any way you slice it. Ouch.

Purple Insider saying that Ingram has a pff pass protection grade of 49. All other linemen in the 70s. Ingram's allowed 13 pressures.
Says that will make a significant difference if Risner starts at right guard.

3 losses was worth the wait to save $4M, is what you're saying?

Sounds about right 🫡

Assuming there won't be a tie tonight, the Vikes will be 3 Ws behind the NFC North leader heading into Sunday's game and 2 back in the L column.

Could very easily be 2-1.

Regardless, beat Carolina and we’re back online.

Assuming there won't be a tie tonight, the Vikes will be 3 Ws behind the NFC North leader heading into Sunday's game and 2 back in the L column.
Not sure who it's better to root for tonight, but I can't root for the Packers in such a case.

Goff is only 28, they have a great OL, young defensive studs and skill position players galore:

RB David Montgomery
RB Jahmyr Gibbs
WR Amon-ra St. Brown
WR Jameson Williams
TE Sam LaPorta

Yikes.

Obviously a lot of those guys are going to get paid (more) in the coming years.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/detroit-lions

And that's the thing of it, the beauty of the NFL salary cap: it forces constant turnover among teams. No team can ever just pay 22 all-stars what they can get in free-agency.

But that's obviously the way to do it. You pay big at some key positions, then you get lucky as hell on some draft picks while they're still cheap. Plain and simple.

LaPorta slides right in for Hockenson, and does a great job on the cheap. (Granted, yet another great Iowa TE.)

Vikings have been unlucky as hell.

Lewis Cine was an absolute monster in college. Filthy highlight video of what he used to do at Georgia.

Nope. Nothing

Devastating news for Sunday that 2022 first rounder Lewis Cine will be unavailable.
Fortunately, of course, second rounders Andrew Booth and Ed Ingram are full go. Third round pick Brian Asamoah ready to put his stamp per usual on the game as well.

Last edited:

Devastating news for Sunday that 2022 first rounder Lewis Cine will be unavailable.
Fortunately, of course, second rounders Andrew Booth and Ed Ingram are full go. Third round pick Brian Asamoah ready to put his stamp per usual on the game as well.
Make it stop, Golf......make it stop!

1. S Cine
2. CB Booth
2. OG Ingram
3. LB Asamoah
4. CB Evans
5. DL Otomewo
5. RB Chandler
6. OT Lowe
6. WR Nailor
7. TE Muse

Outside of maybe Evans, not a single positive contributor to the team out of 10 draft picks, included seven (7) in the top five (5) rounds. Not a winning formula.

Would be curious to see how many starters and significant contributors (not just special teams!!) each of the other 31 have gotten from their 2022 draft picks.

I know in the STrib they said between where we trade and where we took Cine there have been a lot of starters already.

Would be curious to see how many starters and significant contributors (not just special teams!!) each of the other 31 have gotten from their 2022 draft picks.

I know in the STrib they said between where we trade and where we took Cine there have been a lot of starters already.
I'm pretty sure I read the same article. They traded down from #12 to #24 and every player drafted from 13-23 started last weekend.

1. S Cine
2. CB Booth
2. OG Ingram
3. LB Asamoah
4. CB Evans
5. DL Otomewo
5. RB Chandler
6. OT Lowe
6. WR Nailor
7. TE Muse

Outside of maybe Evans, not a single positive contributor to the team out of 10 draft picks, included seven (7) in the top five (5) rounds. Not a winning formula.

So, so bad. Plus we gave Packers Watson and Lions Williams. I said before the 2023 draft that I would trade our whole 2022 draft to the Packers for Watson.

So, so bad. Plus we gave Packers Watson and Lions Williams. I said before the 2023 draft that I would trade our whole 2022 draft to the Packers for Watson.
Me, too...and Jameson Williams just had his gambling suspension cut by two (2) games so he'll be back on the field next week.

Williams and St. Brown on the outside with LaPorta running down the seam, supported by Montgomery and Gibbs on the ground. It looks like the Kitties are going to have a nice little run in the division.

@GophersInIowa sure, thanks for sharing which I’m sure is all you intended to do.

But to that I question: why 17? Why is that a threshold that matters? Over 10 or 14?

And what is the league-wide average per season? 1.3 games or something like that?

Win’s a win

@GophersInIowa sure, thanks for sharing which I’m sure is all you intended to do.

But to that I question: why 17? Why is that a threshold that matters? Over 10 or 14?

And what is the league-wide average per season? 1.3 games or something like that?

Win’s a win
17 is a 3 score game.

Of course a win is a win. I just thought it was an amazing stat that they haven’t been able to win comfortably in such a long time.

Carolina offense is not good. I hit the Under in the Vikes game a little bit, we'll see how it plays out. I think Carolina's DL gives the Vikings some trouble.

Vikings win 20-6

I watched Caleb Williams today. Pairing him with JJ, Addison, and Hockenson for years gives me goosebumps. I"d gladly lose out.

Carolina offense is not good. I hit the Under in the Vikes game a little bit, we'll see how it plays out. I think Carolina's DL gives the Vikings some trouble.

Vikings win 20-6
What was the over/under when you laid it down?

Vikings win 20-6
Thiele is going to be more of a factor than you think.

27 Vikings
24 Panthers

Terrible throw by Cousins. Pass Interference call bails him out. Oddly the throw was still short of Addison.

Cousins throws a 99 yard Touchdown!!!!!

Strike that. He threw an interception for a TD.

Even I saw Cousin locked on the receiver on that interception.

Last edited:

Top Bottom