All Things 2023 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Can the Vikings just accept the pick subject to the conditions? I'm guessing not. It would be fitting if they could, Rodgers makes a miraculous recovery and they have to give it to the Packers.
Not sure on that. I can't even remember the specific show I heard the Jets not being able to offer a #1. Probably some guest on Kornheiser or Dan Patrick.

Wilfs will never agree to a rebuild. Why should they? Vikings fans will show up for a team that is at least in the conversation. It’s a business decision.

Good. They’re the owners, they get to decide. You don’t. Especially not people who just watch on TV.

Don’t like it, don’t watch.

Wilfs will never agree to a rebuild. Why should they? Vikings fans will show up for a team that is at least in the conversation. It’s a business decision.

Good. They’re the owners, they get to decide. You don’t. Especially not people who just watch on TV.

Don’t like it, don’t watch.
Are we 0-2 or 0-3?

I rarely listen to him because of his undeniable hatred for MN teams but his ratings have him laughing all the way to the bank.
Eventually, he will write a book that sells 19 copies where he says it was all a ‘bit’.

Not sure on that. I can't even remember the specific show I heard the Jets not being able to offer a #1. Probably some guest on Kornheiser or Dan Patrick.
Yep, the jets can't give next years first, because they owe it to the packers regardless of the injury. It's on the books until the end of the football season. That sucks the bone. They will not be giving them their first pick, because they can't trade it now.

Yep, the jets can't give next years first, because they owe it to the packers regardless of the injury. It's on the books until the end of the football season. That sucks the bone. They will not be giving them their first pick, because they can't trade it now.
Rumor has it the Jets inquired with Matt Ryan about coming out of retirement and he turned them down. They're desperate to find another QB and severely handcuffed as you pointed out.

Rumor has it the Jets inquired with Matt Ryan about coming out of retirement and he turned them down. They're desperate to find another QB and severely handcuffed as you pointed out.
Well, then you have the problem of Rodgers literally wanting to be back next year. If they went after Cousins, then what when Rodgers wants in.

Well, then you have the problem of Rodgers literally wanting to be back next year. If they went after Cousins, then what when Rodgers wants in.
Cousins in on the last year of his current deal so they could just let him walk if Rodgers does come back.

It's a real stretch but the Jets are looking at pissing away an entire season when they have a great DE and very good offensive weapons with Wilson and Hall.

My three football teams are the Gophers Vikings and Broncos. It's a fun week-end. Can the Vikings and Broncos merge? I'm not sure they can cobble a decent defense between them though.
While I empathize that the Broncos piled on to your misery, seeing smug self-righteous Sean Payton having to wear such a thrashing thrills me no end.

Nathaniel Hackett worst Head Coaching performance ever? Pot. Kettle. Black.

Cousins in on the last year of his current deal so they could just let him walk if Rodgers does come back.

It's a real stretch but the Jets are looking at pissing away an entire season when they have a great DE and very good offensive weapons with Wilson and Hall.
you aren't going to give much for a one year rental.

It's conditioned on ARodg playing 65% of 2023 snaps.

Probably not. I never thought they'd get much more than maybe a couple of 3rds to be honest.
Didn't the Vikings give Philly a 1st for Sam Bradford? I don't recall his contract situation, though, but he wasn't around long.

According to Matt Ryan, his people reached out to the NYJ, who had no interest in him and, according to Ryan, FWIW, he isn't interested in leaving CBS.

According to Matt Ryan, his people reached out to the NYJ, who had no interest in him and, according to Ryan, FWIW, he isn't interested in leaving CBS.
There's always two (2) sides to every rumor. Thanks for clarifying!

Didn't the Vikings give Philly a 1st for Sam Bradford? I don't recall his contract situation, though, but he wasn't around long.
I know for sure we sent them a 2017 FRP in the trade which turned into DE Derek Barnett who is still with PHI.

It's conditioned on ARodg playing 65% of 2023 snaps.
Correct, and Rodgers won't play 65%. Still, it's not consummated until the end of the year. We can't trade today with New York for their next years first.

Spaulding - don't know if you were listening, but PA went on this crazy rant today. As he tells it, during early warmups, the Chargers' place-kicker was warming up - but instead of kicking the ball down the field, he was on the Chargers' sideline and kicking balls across the field into the Vikings bench area. PA said several footballs were whizzing by him and almost hitting other people on the sidelines, so PA went over and complained to the Vikings head of security, who asked/demanded that the Chargers' kicker stop targeting the Vikings sideline.

it was a hoot. PA made it sound as if he was in fear of his life from these dangerous flying footballs.
I heard that and was wondering how it was relevant to the way the team played. No Vikings players were involved.

The defense blitzed all game but then for the most played soft coverage. It was super easy for the Chargers. We didn't disguise anything so they knew what was coming and adjusted their routes. Part of the reason for little pressure on the QB was because he was able to get rid of the ball so quickly.

Allen had an incredible game. No defensive scheme can overcome that. If you tried, you'd give something else up.

Given the choice of mostly equal results between a "sit back and do nothing, play like cowards" defense (2022) and "take the fight to them, try to punch them in the face, even if you miss" defense (2023), this year is the correct choice.

Allen had an incredible game. No defensive scheme can overcome that. If you tried, you'd give something else up.

Given the choice of mostly equal results between a "sit back and do nothing, play like cowards" defense (2022) and "take the fight to them, try to punch them in the face, even if you miss" defense (2023), this year is the correct choice.
Not sure yet. Too small of a sample size.

Through 3 games the 2022 Vikings caused 4 turnovers, while the 2023 Vikings have forced only 2 TOs. The 2023 Vikings have given up 27 more points than the 2022 team through 3 games.

I've mentioned before that while the 2022 defense was atrocious they did come up with huge stops late in games to preserve Ws or give the offense a chance. I do give them credit for getting the ball back late against the Chargers. Offense could not cash in.

Not apples to apples comparison of teams played through three.

Simply on philosophy, take the fight to them is correct. Donatell is coward play.

Not apples to apples comparison of teams played through three.

Simply on philosophy, take the fight to them is correct. Donatell is coward play.
True on the difference in opponents, but given that the '22 Vikes opened with the Packers and a healthy ARodg, that favors that unit by even more. The '23 Vikes let Baker Mayfield score and move the ball when needed.

As for the "coward" comment, I don't really care how it's done but the actual end results. The 2023 defense has already contributed to 2 home losses, 1 more than the entire 2022 regular season.

I don't know if even Bill Belichick could get much out of this outfit.

End results are wins and losses. 2022 obviously wins there.

Week 1 Packers 2022 ... WR can't haul in an easy long TD pass. All downhill from there. Defense didn't do much to make that happen.

End of the day: neither unit can get pressure on the QB. But at least 2023 is trying to do that. F the philosophy of 2022. Sit back and take it. No thanks

While I empathize that the Broncos piled on to your misery, seeing smug self-righteous Sean Payton having to wear such a thrashing thrills me no end.

Nathaniel Hackett worst Head Coaching performance ever? Pot. Kettle. Black.
Letting the D coordinator go and hiring Vance Joseph instead was an epically dumb move.

Top Bottom